Duties

ExoPlanet: The Beginning and The End

It was around six in the evening and Hyoyeon was distributing food to the survivors in camp. On most nights it would have been just instant ramyeon due to lack of time and resources but on that night, it was ramyeon and a slice of bread. That was because halfway through dinner preparations, ChanYeol and Kris show up with about 20 women and children, all starving and needed to be fed.

To keep things fair, Hyoyeon devided the ramyeon equally then gave out bread to give the meal more value.

SuHo, XiuMin, SeHun, ChanYeol, Kris, Kai, LuHan and Lay sat in a circle, in that order, separated from the other survivors. The fence preparations were completed and SuHo had more tents made because of the sudden rise in numbers but that wasn't all. Kris and ChanYeol hadn't taken all the women and children with them since not everyone could fit on Kruncy.

Space wasn't a problem, but the long, exhausting trips was an issue. Krunchy, being as unfit as he was, had gone straight to sleep after landing, showing no signs of waking up any time soon. The dragon had his head resting on ChanYeol's lap as the eight men discussed their plans.

"I say we send Kai," ChanYeol voted, shoving the bread into his mouth.

LuHan clutched Kai's hand in his tightly and SeHun glared at their interaction. "He's injured," LuHan defended in nothing more than a gasp.

"Have Lay heal him, he's sitting right next to you," SeHun muttered but no one heard him. Lay hadn't learned to master his powers yet anyway.

"It's best if I go," Kai told LuHan, shaking his hand away to scoop up some noodles with his fork. "It's fast and I don't think the other survivors can wait. Especially since the big boss is probably really pissed now after what they described." He nodded at ChanYeol and Kris.

Kris nodded in agreement. "Then you can drop some of us there so we can protect the remaining as you transport back and forth."

LuHan looked at Kai with wide eyes as he gave a thumbs up. "Kai," he whispered, leaning forward and placing a hand over his injury.

"I'll be fine!" Kai hissed, grabbing LuHan's wrist.

"Well then, who's going?" SuHo asked, cutting into their conversation, which made SeHun grateful.

Kai dropped LuHan's wrist. "I'm obviously going," he stated, raising his hand.

"I'll go," ChanYeol volunteered.

"Same here," Kris called.

"Me too," Lay added. Everyone looked at him, surprised. He looked down then looked back up, looking at Kris with pleading eyes. But what was he pleading for?

LuHan sat up. "I don't think that's a good idea. Kai's still not fully healed." he protested but Lay interrupted him.

"I'm looking for someone. I need to look for him. I promised his parents."

Jino, Kris realized. "Jino's alive and well, Lay," Kris told him.

ChanYeol turned to face Kris then to Lay. Was this the guy Jino likes? he wondered, and his face brightened as a lightbulb moment hit him. "Bring him!" he blurted. "Or bring Jino back."

"And what good would that do us?" Kris asked, ignoring Lay's disapproving look. "Our main priority are the women and children."

"To bring one extra person wouldn't hurt," Kai cut in, sensing the atmosphere tense up... But LuHan and SeHun didn't help.

"Yes it would! Kai, you're injured!" LuHan insisted.

"Well, it's not all about Kai is it?" SeHun spoke up. "Lay can help. He can heal people after all."

"Yea, and I'm sure that's why half of your face looks like that," LuHan snapped. "If he's so good at healing, he can just heal Kai and save him the trouble. But no he can't. Besides, I'm sure Kris and ChanYeol were smart enough to tend to the injured first." He shrugged and took a bite of his bread.

The silence around them grew awkward. SuHo finished up his food and cleared his throat. "So Kai, ChanYeol and Kris are going. It's settled then." He stood up. "Go get ready. Lay, report to the medical tent once you're done to practice, XiuMin, to the library and SeHun, go help HyoYeon clean up." Everyone nodded and followed their self-appointed leader's instructions.

LuHan followed Kai at first, about to nag at him for his decision, but seeing SeHun's retreating figure, he stopped. SuHo noticed this and walked towards the older male. "LuHan, I hope you know that it's important for us to be a team. I think it's time you spoke to him about your issues and cleared the air. There comes a time where you have to decide whether to turn the page or to throw the book. I hope throwing away the book isn't your choice because we need each other if we want to get out of here alive."

"I sure hope you don't throw away the book either," ChanYeol added, standing by LuHan's other side. "What book is it anyway?" he asked, his eyes lighting up with excitement.

"It was a figure of speech," SuHo laughed.

"ChanYeol!" Kris called.

"Coming!" ChanYeol left and shortly after he did, so did SuHo, leaving LuHan staring at SeHun's form as if time suddenly went in slow motion. Making up his mind, he ran towards him.

Far ahead, SeHun stopped, hearing Dana's voice. He looked around for a sprouting plant and found one right outside the tent she shared with three other girls. He ripped off the plant and examined its pink flowers. "Nerium oleander," he muttered. "Beware--"

"Since when were you so into flowers?"

SeHun looked up and met LuHan's eyes, a half-smile on the latter's face. "What do you want?"

"Will you walk with me?" LuHan offered, holding out his hand.

SeHun looked around and saw a black mist forming around Kai as he stood right next to where the boys were eating, showing that he was about to teleport. "Aren't you going to say goodbye?"

LuHan followed his gaze and smiled wider, making SeHun scowl. "He'll be back," he said thoughtfully then turned back to SeHun with a hand on his chest. "And I'll never lose him as long as he's in--"

"Don't!" SeHun interupted. "You and your cheesy lines always disgusted me." He broke the flower's stem, threw it and continued to look for HyoYeon.

"No they diiiiidn't," LuHan teased. "You always played along and we'd have competitions to see who was the cheesier ones and I'd always win because what I said was just so cringe-worthy--"

"What do you want?" SeHun repeated.

"I wanted to talk to you."

"Go talk to Kai. I don't want to talk to you."

"He left," LuHan pouted. "Besides, I know you miss me, SeHun...tery eggs." SeHun rolled his eyes and LuHan stood in front of him with a completely serious face. "SeHun. Please. Just... walk with me." He held out his hand. SeHun looked away, stuffed his hands into his pockets and nodded with an annoyed face. LuHan grinned. "Let's go walk around town. I was beginning to miss the South." He took SeHun by the wrist and dragged him to the gates where he planned to find the entrance.

Meanwhile, Kris, ChanYeol and Kai had reached ChangMin's house.

"The lights are off," ChanYeol observed, feeling around for the switch.

"Thank you, captain obvious," Kai muttered, reaching out to touch the nearest wall.

"You're welcome, sidekick sarcasm."

Kris rolled his eyes but also began feeling around. "Why is it so dark?"

"Because the lights are off," ChanYeol pointed out.

"Shut up, ChanYeol you know exactly what I mean," Kris retorted. "But am I the only one who feels that it's quiet?"

"Too quiet," ChanYeol agreed. "Oh! Hey I found the--"

There was a click and light iluminated the room. It took their eyes some time to adjust but when it did...


You guys are really hating me now aren't you? Hehe. I just wanted to let you all know that my fever isn't getting any better nowT^T Reached 39 degrees celcius this afternoon and its been on for so long mom decided it's time to see the doctor tmr... Which we will be doing.... Tomorrow. Haha. But until then, hold on and wait for me, okay?^^ I promise another eternally long A/N will appear since I ditched like two chapter's worth of comments already

tumblr_m42o9wMOyK1qcpp82o3_250.gif

Feel free to point out mistakes since my brain is a little foggy now with this stinking headache. Read through this several times but didn't find anything wrong so.... While waiting, here's a poll I'd really like you guys to help me with

 

 

Btw, prepare yourself for an extra long chapter when I get better because I've really been lacking><