Live your life for now

NUMB3RS

Playlist: One by Epik High

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNnkbwFo9hU

Chapter 3

That night, Dongwoon couldn’t sleep. He thought about the bad fever Junhyung had and how serious it could have been. What if Junhyung hadn’t make it out of the fever? What if Junhyung had given up on them? Dongwoon closed his eyes and tried to find his inner peace. He knew Junhyung better than that and he shouldn’t be thinking about these thoughts.

Everyone else was soundly asleep, AJ snoring loudly beside him, making the clock in Dongwoon’s brain tick even louder. His eyes twitched open, not wanting to shut tight. He knew he had to get up and walk around first before sleeping. Dongwoon got out of bed slowly and tiptoed out of the room, so as not to wake the others. He gently opened the bedroom door and shut it back as gently.

Junhyung swore he heard someone opening the door and took a sneak peak at it. It was shut close but still, he looked around for anything unusual… the maknae was missing. Junhyung quickly got up and went out of their bedroom, wanting to make sure the maknae hadn’t thought of running away or something. He then found the youngest one there sitting by the window, gazing listlessly out of the window.

“Dongwoon… why are you up so late?”

Junhyung’s voice caught Dongwoon off guard and the maknae immediately changed position and gulped. He didn’t know how to answer Junhyung.

“Come on, what’s up?” Junhyung persisted and looked out the window, showing he meant no harm. Of course he meant no harm. When did he ever? Dongwoon knew Junhyung was the Umma of the band and he won’t rest until all his cubs are well and okay, even if it does mean being the naggy one in the band.
“Hyung, I’ve been thinking…” Dongwoon started and bit his lip, unsure of what he’s about to say next. He then gazed out the window again and sighed. Should he tell him?

Junhyung squeezed Dongwoon’s shoulder to comfort him and tried to tell him it’s all right. He can always tell Junhyung anything.

“…about death.”

Junhyung got taken aback at Dongwoon’s response. He didn’t expect his beast members, especially the youngest, to even be talking about death. Junhyung squeezed Dongwoon’s shoulder harder and tried to smile, though he knew it was kind of forced, “ Hey… it’s all right man. Death… don’t think about it. It’s nothing.” Junhyung had lied. It had been something.

“No Hyung! You almost died!” Dongwoon exploded and then leaned on the wall with his forehead touching it to give him some sort of balance. He didn’t want to face Junhyung.

‘How did he know?’ Junhyung widened his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. The incident with the speeding car and the numbers played through his mind like a record tape.

“But thank God you recovered. I was so worried, you know. And Death…it isn’t nothing. It’s everywhere. What if my turn’s coming soon?” Dongwoon whispered the last part and looked down. He was a little embarrassed about fearing death. He knew death wasn’t something to be afraid of, it was something that’s bound to happen, whether today or tomorrow or maybe a decade later.

Junhyung sighed in relief, because Dongwoon had only meant the fever. If he had known about the jaywalk incident, no one’s going to take him seriously about not jaywalking anymore. Junhyung then looked up, staring at the numbers above Dongwoon’s head for awhile, and then sighed, “You’ve got a long way to go Dongwoon. So don’t worry.”

“How would you know?”

“I…” Junhyung didn’t know how to answer Dongwoon’s question. How could he tell him that he could see everyone’s time of death? It was definitely something not to be taken lightly. Even if he wanted to tell someone, now wouldn’t be the right time. But sooner or later, his secret must be let out and he would have to face the consequence of knowing the time of death.

“…I just know. Dongwoon, everyone is going to die. It’s nature. You can’t break from it. One day your life will flash before your eyes, so make sure it’s worth watching. Just live your life for now all right?”
Dongwoon smiled. That answer was good enough for him. He then yawned and shook his head.

All this talk about death was making him sleepy. Good. Junhyung then grabbed Dongwoon by the shoulders from behind and made sure he goes back to bed safely.

“Hyung…”

“Hmm?”

“Thanks…”

And they both slept silently without any further disruptions that night.

__________________________________________________________________

crackerjack:

Hello readers. I actually posted this fic in soompi and now that i'm reading fics from asianfanfics, I decided to post this fic here. Kikwang is called AJ in here cause i wrote this when Beast first debuted...then i went on hiatus and this fic couldn't be completed... because i suddenly had no interest. But now i do, so sit back and enjoy. i'll post one chapter per week and thank you for subscribing. ^^

oh yeah, sorry for the short and lame chapter. xD