i won't burden you anymore

bad girl meets... sweet boy??

Just like like that everything ended for me. Knowing my reputation of being scary was broken, I kept to myself more. If anyone did come near me, I'd ignore them completely. The queenkas and kingkas who learned to fear me now gave me taunting looks and would push me just for fun. As far as they were concerned the fire queenka was now just another regular loser like the rest of the school's students that weren't them.

"Oh look! Looks like someone finally put the fire out on this old thing."

"What happened to you Danbi? It looks like someone finally declawed you!"

The others around me who weren't at the top would shun me from everything. Otherwise they too would taunt me. Through this I learned not to trust anybody. Especially him. I'm trying to work my way back to the top and it's already as difficult as it is. Walking through the halls in the eyes of everyone who not only used to fear me was humiliating. Every single day I went to school I felt as though I would go crazy. I know taking back the school was no easy task but this time, Lee Danbi will truly take her role to heart. No matter what everyone thought of me now, they'll change the way they look at me once I was finished taking over the school.

I was finally making those rumors true. Or at least trying to. So far I've gotten into multiple fights both during school with one of the queenkas, and out of school with multiple people who I didn't even know. The only person who tried to stop me was Youngmin.

Strutting to from home, I pushed everyone who didn't move out of the way whenever it was passing or lunch. Regardless of their own reputation, queenka or a regular, it didn't matter to me anymore. Everyone was beginning to realize that I had grown my claws back and this time, they were much MUCH sharper than before. Gone were the usual edgy yet casual clothes, this time I wore military boots, skinny jeans, a black leather jacket on top of a midrift revealing cropped black shirt. My makeup was dark on my eyelids that had a lot of eye makeup and my hair was put in a high ponytail. On my hands were black leather wap gloves that were always ready for a fight nowadays.  I walked with my head held high through the school and acted as if the 'smiling Danbi' incedent never truly happened.

"Danbi?" A voice asked as the owner began to walk beside me.

I ignored it.

"Danbi." He said again, this time more of a command to tell me to look at him.

I ignored him.

Suddenly I found myself violently pushed against the nearby lockers.

"Danbi listen to me!" Youngmin shouted to my face.

"What do you want?" I asked, keeping my voice monotone, hiding my emotions.

"'What do you want?' He echoed. "That's all you're going to say?"

"Why should I say anything else to you?" I asked calmly. "You're just like everyone else to me now."

"Danbi..." He began, searching my eyes for the emotion I hid. "I didn't mean to hurt you. Out of the bet all I wanted was to show everyone you can be kind hearted-"

"SHUT UP!!" I yelled pushing him away. "Me? Lee Danbi? Kind? You're a funny one Bug Eye! As far as I'm concerned, I'm a big bad wolf who everyone hates. I'm pretty sure you'll catch on soon." I turned around to walk away.

"Danbi!" Grabbing hand again, I jerked from his grip as I whirled around to face him. "Leave me alone-phm!" Right before I get to finish he brushes his lips against mine. At once everything seemed to have frozen still. The people who passed stopped and stared. Some people actually got their phones out to take a picture of the scene. Awkwardly I pushed him away.

"Fine... if you won't listen then I'll leave you alone just like you want me to." He said while looking at the ground before looking at me straight in the eye. "I won't burden you anymore with the fact that I want to go back to how we were."

Speechless, all I could say was, "Thank you...." Only to trail off wondering if it was really what I want as I watched him turn away and head to class. This is what I wanted to be, alone. Right?

 

"You're really going to get it this time, Lee!" Jaerim, a local bully said. Since I've gotten into fights she was the most recent one I beat one on one. This time she brought her friends with her while I only had myself. Unfair? It was okay; everything was pretty much unfair to me lately.

Not wanting to waste anymore time she rushed in towards me first wanting to punch me in the jaw while I stepped away and aimed to kick her face. I was doing pretty good for the beginning, only to be held back by one of her friends. I stopped struggling by the time the third girl who wasn't holding on to me was taking her turn to beat me.

"Do you get what you did wrong now?" Jaerim snickered evily while she watched a couple of steps away. Soon I began to zone in and out of conciousness. My eyes began to droop as my muscles began to give away the last of my strength.

"YAH! Leave her alone!!" That voice again... could it be?

After that all I remember is  Jaemi and her friends leaving me on the ground. I was picked up while my face was caressed. The last thing I see were those big buggy eyes.

Youngmin, you came to back to me.