The Rain

The Tourists

"She's your first?", Yoseob asked another question. He held onto Gikwang tighter as if he would never let him go.

"N-no..I mean..Yoseob..can we please stop talking about this?"

"Why don't you give me an answer?", it was pretty hard for Yoseob to continue talking but he was really curious. He knew it would hurt him. But he needed to make sure of everything, make sure if he had any chance.

"I'm gay"

The novelist was shocked. He couldn't believe what Gikwang said. He might say it was the best thing Gikwang ever told him. But then again, Gikwang had a girlfriend.

"My father..", Gikwang paused for awhie. "I'm his only son"

"So..?", Yoseob was actually very excited but when he looked up and saw Gikwang's expression, he didn't think it was the right time to be so excited. Gikwang's facial expression was very sad.

"I'm thinking to stop and try out to have a relationship with a girl. My father put everything on me, to him I am his perfect son. He never goes easy on me, he picked everything out for me, even her. She's my father's choice. This might sound cliche to you but I have a family business to run", he squeezed his lover tighter.

"Do you..love her?"

"She's a good girl..she is a very good girl. I thougt, I might be able to move away from who I am if it was with her"

Yoseob reached up and kissed Gikwang. "You're gonna leave, right?". He felt like he was dying from a serious illness and his death is determined. The novelist nuzzled his lover's chest.

"I don't know..if you ask me now, I don't think I can"

The couple stayed where they were. Lying on the cold floor while the coldness swarm trough their bare skin. If you're all I have and nothing in this world left for me to own..if I still have you by my side then have the whole world. Yoseob clenched his palm and gritted his teeth. Trying to ease the pain he felt. His fingers trailed over the general manager's skin and found their way to his lips. Their eyes met. Gikwang moved to kiss his lover. It was just a kiss until Gikwang put his desperation to it and kissed the novelist wilder.

Both were out of air but none of the stop. Yoseob was the one who broke the kiss. "Can I change your mind?"

Gikwang kept silent and let that question slipped away.

It started to rain outside. The same way Yoseob's heart started to cry. Deep inside, the burning despair killed him. But he couldn't cry because he had no rights to do so. Gikwang came to him as someone's boyfriend and not as a free man. He was the antagonist. The one who wanted to take Gikwang away from the protagonist who was waiting for him to come back.