Within The Light of the Dancehall

Overwhelming

So things just began there, every single day, Chanyeol would come over, with a pleasant, prince like grin plastered all over his face, he’d greet the object of his utter affection daily with a new chapter who’s title would always remain the same; I love you. He’d take the still face-shy boy everywhere after classes, accompanying him to several places, comparing his beauty with several lovely things he saw.

 

In the past month, the brunette couldn’t count how many places he had been too, spending time with a being he thought would forever be out of his reach, yet he knew that each day was always something different, something in those days would always stick out, and as time progressed, he realized that his face wasn’t something he thought about all the time. Was he improving? Perhaps it was easier to accept these things when all these trips made him realize that the rapper himself wasn’t completely in his ‘right mind’ either in his own special, yet unique way.

 

Snapping out of his reverie, the boy looked up, realizing at last that he was still within the premises of his classroom, and that the lesson was still raging on. Never in his life, had he ever spaced out in class, ever. He would always pay attention, even though he had little to no confidence in answering the questions dished out every now and then. Somehow, despite the fact he knew this might have an effect on his grades; it somehow flushed him with a wave of calm.

 

Jumping in undeniable surprise when the bell screamed through the halls, he exhaled heavily before rubbing his stressed out eyes, using his free hand to absently close the book before him. He heard the clatter of students all around him, pulling out from their chairs and instantly engaging in energetic conversation. Something about that cheerful atmosphere left a queasy feeling in his stomach, yet all those feelings ebbed away when he felt a reassuring, warm hand being placed on his.

 

The warmth was familiar, and he couldn’t help the small smile that tugged on his lips when he looked up, his eyes connecting with warm, calming, glinting brown. “Your smile is cute, Bacon.”

 

Feeling warmth rising to his cheeks, the boy turned his glance away with a small laugh, freeing his hand reluctantly from the younger boy’s grasp. “Bacon, huh? Looks like I’ll have to find some sort of nickname for you too, how’d you get here so fast, anyway?”

 

Laughing with mirth dripping from his melodic voice, the taller youth simply helped his lover collect the papers upon the table, completely ignoring the incredulous looks strangers sent them.

 

“I had a free period off, granted to me for getting good grades or something, I dunno, I wasn’t paying attention.” Chanyeol replied before smiling, bringing the boy closer when the class was cleared out, nuzzling the smooth nape he felt so much comfort in. “I love you, Hyunnie.”

 

Patting the younger boy on the back calmly, the senior glanced away, feeling fluttering happiness and nerves rising in the pit of his stomach. “I don’t see why, but I love you too.”

 

“I’m going to take you somewhere today.”

 

Faking a look of absolute surprise, the brunette took a hold of his bag before casting the younger boy his gaze. “Are you now?”

 

“I totally am, and this time we’re going to do something different from normal so it won’t be boring.” The younger boy replied, looking rather proud of himself as he grasped the older boy’s hand and skilfully leading him out of the class room, and down several corridors.

 

As he instantly shot his gaze to the floor, the Bacon found his mind flooding with the images of the past month, the happiness he felt, the glee that was constantly on his shoulders, the excitement that filled within him every day. No, in the end, he could never pin the word ‘boring’ on any of those days. “You don’t have to change the schedule if you were worried about me being bored…”

 

Blinking, a tad bit surprised, the younger boy found an amused grin tugging to his lips as he gripped the older youth’s hand a little tighter, hardly capable of containing the happiness that soon began to overflow him. “I’ll keep that in mind then, just consider today to be the day where I’ll use actions to express my love.”

 

And with that, he tugged Baekhyun sharply down a singular corridor before taking a stash of keys from his pocket, fumbling to find the right one before unlocking the doubles doors and bustling through it, pulling the older boy through soon after.

 

“Where’d you even get those keys?”

 

“I won them off the janitor in poker.”

 

Eying the rapper in absolute confusion that he couldn’t seem to hide, the brunette eventually decided that questioning how he even got the janitor to play poker with him was something he would rather leave a mystery. Besides, he found it increasingly hard to breath when he finally laid eyes upon the room, lit up by the afternoon light that steamed in through the window positioned at the ceiling.

 

Besides the wooden door, the room’s walls were covered with ceiling to floor mirrors, all nicely cleaned, the floor smooth and waxed, a square of light in middle from the sun. When he finally found the breath he needed, the brunette cast his gaze over to the rapper who had already discarded his bag to the side of the room.

 

“We’re going to dance today, Bacon.”

 

With his face contorting with only the emotion of confusion, the brunette found himself creeping to the walls, wondering if it was generally capable to just melt into them and never come out. He could feel his heart accelerating as he looked at the dance floor. “You’re kidding right? I at this.”

 

“Honestly speaking, so do I.” Chanyeol said with a charming grin before making his way to the middle of the room, looking like a model who radiated the aura of perfection, the ripples of muscles on his body slightly noticeable under his black wife beater.

 

At that point, the singer had to remind himself to breath, yet doing so had become harder when he continued to take in that perfect form. “No, I mean, I’m REALLY bad at… dancing. Can I just, I dunno, watch?”

 

Placing on a look of horror, the rapper simply advanced towards his target quickly, his hands grabbing those elegantly built shoulders firmly, but softly. “But my little Bacon, what fun would that be? We’re here to make you notice your talent, not for you to sit and laze around.”

 

“I have no talent in dancing.”

 

“You said you have no talent in singing yet every student in that auditorium fell silent when they heard you.”

 

Blushing in embarrassment, the male glanced down to his shoes quickly, feeling heat rise to his cheeks as he thought about that day two weeks ago. How he even had the nerve to just get up on that stage was something that still continuously baffled him to no end, though he was saved the trouble of retorting when the rapper pulled away, playing some classical song on his iphone before dumping the contraption safely on his bag.

 

“Come on, Hyunnie, it’ll be fine.”

 

Shaking his head in protest, the brunette simply sunk to a sit, just watching the taller boy swaying just a little to the melody, eyes fluttering to a close in concentration. When he danced, it was another one of those uncountable moments where the singer found he could no longer breathe, he just sat there, eyes glued to the skilful boy that moved around the square of light solidly, but gracefully, as if he were born to be there, born to live that moment; born to dance.

 

A minute had passed with him silently moving fluidly along to the music before a grin broke to his face, eyes opening. All at once, he slipped from an elegant swan like dancer to a clumsy, crow like gangster, stumbling around the dance room before he staggered to the brunette, grabbing the boy by his hands before roughly pulling the singer to his feet, ignoring the yelp of surprise.

 

Before the other could make a move of protest, the taller youth wrapped his arms around the slender waist, a devious grin lighting across his face before he let a hand of his ghost along the Bacon’s smooth jawline, never ignoring the glint of admiration in his lover’s eyes.

 

“You look like a crazed fan that might faint right now.” Chanyeol remarked mockingly, grinning broadly soon after when he felt the heat on the youth’s cheeks.

 

“…Well, maybe I am.”

 

Laughing weightlessly, the rapper brought the boy a little closer, guiding his lover hands to loop around his neck before he placed a light kiss on the singer’s forehead gently. “Don’t be a fan, be a lover.”

 

And with that, he began to tow the singer around the room, completely ignoring the fact Baekhyun almost stumbled and fell from the sudden move of momentum, yet in that moment, the brunette was unsure how he even matched the other’s pace several second later, of course, as time continued to tick away, these questions ebbed away when he continued to ease into a place he called a comfort zone, his eyes shutting as he lowered his head just a little to rest his forehead on the other’s chest. This was what he would have dubbed bliss.

 

Smiling sweetly, the younger of the duo let a hand of his trail along the boy’s shoulder once again as they swayed and glided around on the dance floor, his slender fingers slowly easing the Bacon’s jacket off his arms, forcefully pulling the fabric free from his lover’s body when his patience eventually snapped.

 

“Don’t be scared, Baekhyun.” He mused, like he always did when he caught sight of that unsure, slightly fearful gaze.

 

Even if the rapper had the intention on killing him right there and then, those words, that voice , was always enough to make the singer feel at ease, as if the weight on his shoulders would be lifted away easily, he didn’t even care anymore, even when his jacket fell away, the buttons clattering noisily when colliding with the floor.

 

Unfortunately, Chanyeol found his feet tangling with the fabric, causing him to slip with a yelp, dragging the older boy down with him. Though the fall was painful, he found himself laughing in absolute amusement when he got a grip on reality.

 

With a slightly pained grunt, the singer flicked the hair out from his eyes as he tried tugging away from his lover who simply held him close. “Next time you feel like taking of my clothes, make sure to toss them somewhere far away.”

 

“I’ll keep that in mind honey.” And with that, he sat up, joining the older boy in merry laughter, laughter caused by the amusement they had gained from the ridiculous situation they had encountered.

 

Though their pleasure was short lived as the doors clattered open, resulting in the duo snapping their gaze towards the source of noise, each wearing an expression of surprise for their own reasons upon seeing the tall, broody man that strode into the dance room with relaxed grace, his almond chocolate eyes holding upon a rebellious glint.

 

Blinking as he stopped in his tracks, the stranger found himself examining the duo perched upon the floor, his eyes falling upon the singer who visibly stiffened under his gaze.

 

“Ah, hello, are you going to be using this room?” the rapper questioned, earning a small nod from the senior who regarded them with a complex emotion. Nodding in understanding, Chanyeol simply picked up the jackets and bags before returning to his frozen lover. “Bacon?”

 

Surprise washed through the younger youth when his fingers wrapped around the singer’s hand, he could feel it, even though it was slight, he could see it, even though it was meant to be hidden, Baekhyun was trembling, and it wasn’t from a positive emotion. Horror and fear was marked all over his face.

 

“K-…Kris…?”

-----------------

Finally got another chapter done, and good god it feels so rushed D: Next chapter will be some images of the past, soo some questions will be answered there :D