Entry 02 .

Journal of Memories

 

Journal of Memories

Part 2

As the next day came, Sungjong couldn’t help but feel like the night lasted shorter than usual. He woke up earlier than usual with a smile on his face. Nurse Jessica who comes in to check on him was shocked to see him already awake and was even more shocked to see him smiling. She didn’t question him though.  She left him his daily morning pills, a glass of water, and a warming good morning smile and left the room.

Sungjong felt much happier ever since yesterday, yet he didn’t know why. Probably happy about finishing a drawing he was working on. Sungjong let out a quiet, blissful sigh before staring out the window like usual, but this time, he didn’t feel so depressed. The warm sun rays gently heating up his face. For once, Sungjong felt at bliss.

Without him knowing, the door slowly opened, revealing a similar figure dressed in almost the same attire, but in different colors. He stared silently at Sungjong, holding in his breath because the sight before him was just too beautiful. Today, Myungsoo brought his best friend along with him – his camera. Today was a beautiful day out and he planned on seeing if he could take Sungjong out to the place at the hospital where it was most beautiful.

Deciding that he had stared long enough, he lightly knocked on the slightly open door, causing Sungjong to let out a shocked squeal as he jumped in shock. Myungsoo only chuckled at that cute act.

“Did I scare you?” he teased as he walked in further next to Sungjong’s bed. Sungjong only pouted as he hit Myungsoo’s arm.

“You’re here quite early.” Sungjong said as he unknowingly started to stare at Myungsoo’s face.

“Well, today is beautiful out, so I decided to try and talk you into leaving this room for a while. I have a special place I want to take you to, if you don’t mind.” Myungsoo said almost shyly, with a tint of light pink on his cheeks. “And, do I have something on my face?”

Sungjong snapped out of his staring and blushed madly, looking away from the male in front of him and down at the bed sheets. Myungsoo let out another chuckle.

“I don’t think I can even leave my room. I can’t even walk without falling over.”

“Aha, I already have that planned out. I can push you in a rolling chair. All you have to do is talk your nurse into letting you go.” Myungsoo smiled at the younger, causing him to silently swoon over the cute, yet beautiful face.

“Don’t worry. Nurse Jessica won’t mind. As long as you take care of him and bring him back safely.” Nurse Jessica happily said, shocking the two males in the room. She then walked away, a smile on her face. “So, this is the reason why his personality is finally changing.”

With that, Myungsoo looked at Sungjong, holding out a hand for him. “Well? Let’s get going!”

Sungjong shyly took his hand, the blush creeping back on his face. Myungsoo helped the younger get seating comfortably on the wheel chair. “How about we take a picture before we leave. You know, a picture to remember the day you finally moved out of your bed?” Myungsoo questioned as he started up his camera. Sungjong only let out a shy “yes”.

“One. Two. Three. Smile! Good thing my camera automatically marks the date. Now, let’s get going.”

Sungjong felt excited to finally leave his dreaded room. He felt as though someone has finally answered his prayers and sent Myungsoo to help him be happy again before his time comes to an end. As Myungsoo was pushing him down to his so called “special place”, he felt as though Myungsoo is being a better friend than the friend he has known for years.

After a few more minutes, a ride up the elevator, and more walking, they came face to face with a heavy-looking door. Before Sungjong could question anything, Myungsoo pushed open the door. A warm breeze flew through the door and the sun blinded Sungjong’s eyes. After his vision came to, his eyes widened and he let out a gasp. The view in front of him was completely stunning. He had no idea this even existed at the hospital.

They were on the room of the hospital, and in the middle of the roof, there was a garden with a beautiful fountain. Myungsoo just smiled, seeing Sungjong’s face. He knew he would love it.

“Well, do you like it? I would come here all the time after visiting my umma. This place just, makes me feel at ease and peace. I would just come here and take pictures just to get my mind off of things.” Myungsoo calmly explained as he stared ahead. Sungjong looked up at Myungsoo, studying his face. Myungsoo said nothing after that, and he got curious.

“W…why is your mother in the hospital? I mean, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to!” Myungsoo let out his famous chuckles before turning to Sungjong and kneeling down to him and held on to one of his hands, causing Sungjong to blush again.

“Well, you see. My mom has been ill for a while now, and she told no one about it. She lived life as though she were healthy as ever. But then, one day, I came home from being out and I saw my mother on the floor, out cold and she was barely breathing. I quickly called for the hospital to come and left with her. For a whole week, I stayed with my mom in the hospital, waiting to see what was wrong and if she was okay. I found out that because of her ignoring her illness, she was slowly dying. But, they said she still had a chance to survive. They just have to keep her in the hospital for maybe a few months or even years before she gets better. If only my father were here to help.” Without knowing, Myungsoo had tears falling out of his eyes as he smiled bitterly. Sungjong felt his heart break, seeing Myungsoo like this. Sungjong pulled Myungsoo into a tight embrace and hid his face into the crook of his neck.

“I’m so sorry to hear that. I am sorry for asking too. I hope things can get better for you and your mother.” Sungjong had tears falling out of his eyes too by the time he was finished with his sentence. Myungsoo only smiled as the tears slowly fell, but because he was in Sungjong’s embrace, Myungsoo felt less sad.

After a few minutes of just being in each other’s embrace, they pulled apart and stared into their tear stained faces. Myungsoo put his hands on Sungjong’s cheeks as he slowly wiped away the tears with his thumb. As if automatically, Myungsoo leaned his face closer and closer to Sungjong’s. Sungjong showed no sign of rejection, so Myungsoo closed the small gap between the two.

-------------------------------------

(●´ω`●)Tadah ; Chapter 2 is finally done after like 2-3 months. Sorry for such a freaking long update. School is over and I’m on summer break, but I still have stupid homework to do. I hate my life. Writing like 5 reports, I have to memorize the map of Europe, including all the water ways, mountain regions, cities, capitals, and where they go. TT TT .

Updates will be slow, so I am very sorry!

And, they kiss ! Only after two days? Rushed? Nahh. <3 (。◕‿◕。)

 

[ still need a poster, if anyone is interested ]