Entry 01.

Journal of Memories

 

 

The figure sat silently, sitting on the hospital bed while staring out the window, longing to feel the fresh air blow through his hair. To feel the sun beam on his skin to feel its warmth. To be anywhere besides the dreary hospital room, locked up almost all day because he was incapable of walking a step without falling over or feeling massive pain surge through his body.

To his dismay, his illness was finally taking a toll on him, slowly taking him away from the beautiful world that he loved so much. He knew this time would come, but he never thought this soon. He made sure to live every single moment of his life to the fullest, knowing that he would one day end up like he is as of now.

He doesn’t really regret anything. He’s made good friends, had a very stable living environment. His parents knew about the sickness, and they wanted to baby him because they knew they would be losing their only precious son, but to their dismay, he refused to let them do that. All he asked from them was to treat him like every other kid, teenager, son, person out there. He wanted to live a normal life without having anyone worry for him. But even he knew that wasn’t going to happen. The friends he made we very weary of him, watching over him whenever they were hanging out, making sure he ate lots (which he certainly did, more than they thought he would for his petite size), and made sure he was able to enjoy every single day.

He was very grateful to have those friends. They meant the world to him. Each day, one would visit, telling him stories and bringing him presents. But now that his end was nearing, maybe a month or less, who knows, they didn’t come as frequently, and he didn’t blame them. They all had their personal things to attend to; studying, jobs, living.

Sungjong let out a sigh as he turned his head away from the window, not wanting to look outside anymore because he was afraid he might crack and get up and attempt to open the window. Other than wanting to go back outside and eating something smothered in chocolate, the thing he wanted most was the feeling of love. But who would love someone who is practically dying on the spot?

Sungjong decided to draw in his notebook that Tiffany got him. He has been drawing in it ever since, creating beautiful pictures and sketches of the places he would like to see and the things he imagined. He picked up his sketching pencil and slowly started to be immersed into drawing.

Soon enough, 30 minutes have passed and Sungjong was still working on his latest perfection. The door was left open (due to his request) to let in a different type of air, one that didn’t reek of depression and slow death.

Sungjong was almost finished when he suddenly sneezed and lost his grip on his pencil, causing it to fall on the floor and roll away out the door.

“Aishh. My pencil! Nurse? Is there anyone around?” Sungjong asked patiently before getting no response. Before the pencil could roll completely out the door, a figure stopped it with his foot.

Sungjong looked up in surprise. He immediately held in his breath as he look the stranger. The stranger was wearing a yellow and black plaid shirt with a pair of black skinny jeans and yellow vlados. His hair was spiked up neatly, completing his enticing look. He looked beautiful to Sungjong.

“Here you are.” Sungjong was knocked out of his little trance as he heard the stranger speak. What he didn’t expect was him to be this close to him. He was close to where Sungjong was currently sitting down.

“Th-thank you.” Sungjong stuttered out. Stupid Lee Sungjong. Why are you so nervous?

“If I may ask, are you admitted here?” The stranger suddenly asked.

Sungjong simple nodded in response and earned a slight “oh” from the other’s mouth.

“Well, way the long face? I’ve walked by this room a couple of times, and you always looked so sad.” Sungjong didn’t understand why he was answering to this stranger, but he id anyways.

“Just lonely. For the past few weeks, my friends have stopped coming. But I can’t blame them. Why would they want to come visit someone who is practically dying in front of them?” Sungjong answered with a bitter smile.

The stranger was compelled with his answer. How can people not visit someone who is dying? And why was this person smiling about it?

“I-I don’t understand. Why would they stop coming to visit you? That is very unacceptable.” The stranger blurted out. “I mean, someone so pretty like you should be getting visitors every second!”

As soon as the stranger said that, Sungjong’s eyes widened in shock. Not to long from that, the stranger immediately blushed and mentally face-palmed himself for saying such words to a stranger.

“I-I’m sorry! That was a bit unnecessary. I apologize!” the other apologized while bowing 90 degrees.

“I will only forgive you if you tell me your name.” Sungjong chuckled out.

“Oh, um. My name is Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo. And may I know your name?”

“Nope!” Sungjong said teasingly. “Just kidding! My name is Lee Sungjong. Nice to meet you.”

“Well, Sungjong, how about I become one of your new daily visitors from now on? I come here frequently to visit my mother, so I think this would be good for the both of us.” Myungsoo asked. He carefully examined the other boys face. He had a questioning look on him. Maybe I came on too fast. Stupid Myungsoo, stupid!

“I would love that. But only if it doesn’t trouble you in the slightest bit.” Sungjong answered happily.

“It won’t trouble me in the least bit. I promise to come visit every day.” Myungsoo leaned over so that his face was somewhat close to Sungjong’s and held out his pink finger. Sungjong’s face heated up at the closeness of their faces and slowly held up his pinky and connected it with Myungsoo’s. “It’s a promise.”

After talking for another five minutes, Myungsoo had to leave. He bid Sungjong farewell and left the room. Sungjong watched Myungsoo’s retreating back fade further down the hall until it disappeared altogether.

Sungjong didn’t notice he was smiling like a fool until the usual nurse, Jessica, came in and asked him what he was smiling about. He blushed a light pink and hung his head in embarrassment. “It’s nothing. Just, happy.”


First chapter finished (≧∇≦) . 

Like I said before; this is a mini-fic , or a longer one-shot (x . This will not be a long chaptered story with a big ol' story line. Things may seemed a bit rushed, but hey, it's a mini-fic . 

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter. (。◕‿◕。) . Comments are very much appreciated. Leave me feed back so I know I'm not doing a horrible job . 。◕‿◕。 

Next chapter will be up... some time. Maybe when I get a good amount of comments, yeah? 

Love you all and thanks for reading! Please be patient with me~

 

P.S. I still need a poster made, if anyone is interested. Leave me a message :D