Chapter Two: Missed

~Follow Your Heart~

 

‘Don’t you know me?’ Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

‘Of course I know you’, Tiffany squeaked. ‘Byuntae’, she whispered in Taeyeon’s ear, brushing their shoulders together. The -groping incident repeatedly played in her mind, like a video tape put on replay, refreshing every memory she had of it.

‘Guys, since we’re all here let’s have a party!’ Tiffany fled, leaving the shorter girl standing numbly in front of the door. Tiffany’s warm breath sent tingles down her spine, almost making her go crazy, but for some unnamable reasons, she wished for more. She bit her lips, hoping to shake off her dreadful thought. It was wrong for her to think that way of Tiffany, especially when they were living together in the same house and the younger girl was meant to be her bestest buddy in the near future.

‘Grab some soju!’ Hyoyeon suggested.

 

-

 

‘Cheers!’ the girls shouted in unison, clinking their glasses loudly. They gulped the liquid down to their throat, without saving even a drop in their glasses.

‘Let’s eat!’ Sunny clasped her hands, rubbing them together as she stared at the food like a hungry scavenger. The girls began digging into the dishes as if they haven’t eaten for three days. Chopsticks and spoons would sometimes clashed, loud chatters and explosive laughter could be heard in the midst of the silent night.

‘Guys, we haven’t chosen our roommate right?  Why don’t we play a game?’ Yuri suggested.

‘Spin this bottle to choose our roommate. Let’s fate decide’, she placed an empty soju bottle on the messy table.

‘So our fate depends on this bottle?’ Jessica uninterestedly asked.

‘I’ll go first’, the half-drunk Hyoyeon volunteered. She spun the bottle as the girls waited eagerly for the bottle to find its ‘chosen one’. It finally stopped, pointing its mouth at a brown-haired girl.

‘Yah! Why me?’ Jessica whined.

‘What do you mean ‘why me’?’ Hyoyeon turned aggressive.

‘You scare the hell out of my . Jinjja! ’, she was slightly intimidated by the strong-willed girl. She waited for the girl to hit her, maybe a slap on the forehead or a punch on the shoulder. Instead, she earned a pat on her crown.

‘Arasseo. I’ll behave.’ Hyoyeon fixed the locks of brown hair on Jessica’s face. The raging Hyoyeon suddenly turned loving. She smiled foolishly like a drunken old man. The surprised Jessica somehow found her to be rather amusing. Both of them came to an agreement.

‘Solved. Who’s next?’

‘Me’, Tiffany raised her hand, taking the shorter blonde sitting beside her by surprise.

Taeyeon could hear her heart pounding loudly as sweat started forming in her hands. She rubbed her sweaty palms on her jeans, nonchalantly focusing on the deprived game. What the hell is wrong with you? She mentally cursed herself, shaking away the nausea in her stomach. Deep down inside, she already knew the answer to her question. She wanted to be Tiffany’s roommate. She wanted to sleep be it day or night, dress up every morning before class and finish her load of assignments in the same room as the foreign girl. She wanted to learn more about her. She wanted Tiffany all to herself. Selfish thinking, she thought.

‘Waa~!’ the girls screamed. The bottle was already pointing at the raven as Taeyeon snapped out of her deep thought. Her eyes widen in disbelief.

Missed.

 ‘Good job, Tipani!’ Yuri gave Tiffany a high-five. The eye-smile girl returned it with a cheer.

‘Ya! Does this means we’re still roommates? This is not fair’, Sunny whined at the blonde.

‘Do you hate me?’ Taeyeon’s eyebrows rose.

 ‘It’s been two years, Tae. I need to expand my social circles too.’

‘All we’re going to do is just sleep. In what term do your social skills apply in that room?’

Sunny pretended not to hear and continued munching on the grilled meat. An ‘Oh my God, this is too delicious’ look flickered on her face, lifting her shoulders up to her ears.

‘Eyy, this shorty!’ Taeyeon threw a fluffy heart-shaped cushion at her. The shorter girl managed to dodge and replied with a proud grin.

The blonde filled half of her glass with soju and the other half with a foreign beer. Mindlessly, she shot the mix down to . The action repeated for couple of times. She didn’t know why she was doing it –she was already drunk anyway. Her emotions were running high and low. She couldn’t express her current feelings well. All she knew was she was frustrated—frustrated with the childish spin-the-bottle game.

Why did it matter to her? They would still be living in the same house anyway. She couldn’t understand it herself.

Her head suddenly felt heavy and her sight slowly turned blurry. Without warning, she crashed onto Tiffany’s lap. It felt so soft and comfortable. She put her thumb in , it like a little baby.

Tiffany was amused by the older girl’s action. She kept looking down at her, admiring her baby-face beauty, studying each curves starting from the forehead down to the perfectly sculpted jaw-line and finishing at the chin. She gently the latter’s golden locks, persuading her to slowly fall asleep in her lap.

‘Our Taeyeon is dead drunk!’ Hyoyeon yelped, drinking out of the soju bottle.

‘You too. That’s enough’, Sunny snatched the transparent-green bottle from her hand. The drunken girl whimpered and started making weird sounds, the ones like puppies use to make, but only to find the shorter girl ignoring her. Jessica’s faint snoring could already be heard across the living room.

‘Tipani, don’t you think you’re pampering her too much?’ Yuri bewildered at the intimacy between her best friends.

‘Are you jealous?’ Tiffany smirked.

‘Jealous? Do you like her?’ the raven-haired playfully asked.

‘I like Tipani’, Taeyeon suddenly muttered, tickling Tiffany’s chin from below. She dorkily smiled and let out a breathy laugh which tickled the younger girl’s chin more. She closed her lazy eyes again as she repositioned her head on Tiffany’s lap, finding the most comfortable spot as she slowly entering her dreamland. Tiffany could feel her cheeks intensely blushing. They all heard it, accept for the Sleeping Beauty Jessica, Taeyeon’s unintended confession. 

 

 

 


A/N: Guys, sorry for the late update. This chapter is too short isn't it? I just wished that I'm not too busy with work. Please do leave your comments anyway! 

Btw, have you guys listened to Twinkle? I love it! And I love maknae recommendation too- Baby Steps. Annyeong for now! ^^

With love,

SoneLocksmith94