Chapter One: Don't you know me?

~Follow Your Heart~

 

 

‘Yuri-ah, come quick!’, Taeyeon hurried the girl to enter their newly rented house.  

‘I’m coming! I’m coming!’ the raven-haired girl shouted from behind.

‘What took you so long?’

‘Look’, Yuri said while pointing at the back, giggling.

A tall guy was helping Hyoyeon unloading her things from the car. They were smiling widely to each other. Hyoyeon’s face slowly turned red.

‘Ah, gentlemen Yoon is here’, Taeyeon said.

‘Why is Jessica standing there doing absolutely nothing?’ she asked

‘She’s observing.’ Yuri answered.

‘And why is that?’ Taeyeon made a confused face.

‘Aren’t those two lovebirds too lovely to be observed? They made us want to be in love right now.’

‘Wow, that’s a concrete reason’, Taeyeon said sarcastically. ‘Hold this,’ she handed a box full of her possessions to the raven-haired. ‘Ugh’, Yuri sighed. The heavy box was killing her arms. Taeyeon took out a bunch of keys from her pocket and unlocked the door.

‘Omo~! It’s beautiful!’, Yuri exclaimed. She quickly threw the box into Taeyeon’s arm and ran into the living room.

‘Ya! It hurts!’ Taeyeon scolded. But Yuri was too excited to notice Taeyeon complaining.

‘Sica-ya! Hyeoyeon-ah! Doojoon oppa! Come inside quickly!’ the overly excited girl shouted through the window.

The three of them came inside the house. They were awed to see the well-furnished living room, the spacious kitchen and dining room and a flowery mini-garden outside the sliding door.

‘Are you sure this is the right house? Isn’t this too fancy for the rent we pay?’ Taeyeon was uncertain about the so-good-to-be-true house.

‘Babo-ya. If this is the wrong house then how did you unlocked the door? The key matched didn’t it?’ Jessica pointed a finger on Taeyeon’s head. Taeyeon gave her an annoyed expression.

‘You should realize that there is something good about life’, she added.

 ‘I guess my job here is done then’, Doojoon’s voice suddenly cracked.

‘You’re leaving already?’, Hyoyeon asked.

‘Yes. I got some stuff to do with the guys. Don’t worry, I’ll see you tomorrow morning’, Dujun winked cutely.

‘Okay’, Hyoyeon added an aegyo to her voice.

Jessica and Yuri were holding their giggles at the background. ‘GOOSE. BUMPS’, Taeyeon mouthed to the two girls.

‘Bye, sweetheart~’, the tall guy blew a kiss to the lovesick girl. The girl blushed.

‘Omo~!!!’ the three girls in the background made a high pitch sound.

 

-

 

‘Is Sunkyu coming? It’s getting late’, Taeyeon asked.

‘I just texted her. She’s coming in three, two, one...’ Hyoyeon marked.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

‘It’s me! Open the door!’ a voice cracked from the other side of the door.

Taeyeon opened the door for her.

‘I thought it was the delivery ahjumma’, the older girl teased.

‘Eyy!’ the short-haired blonde threatened to cut Taeyeon’s throat. The two shorties glared into each other’s eyes and then burst into laughter.

‘Sunny-ah, are you trying to cheat? We’re almost finished cleaning up the house’, Jessica said, lying lazily on the couch.

‘Ya! It’s not my fault. If you guys have anything to say, say it to this girl’, Sunny reasoned out. She was struggling to lift her luggage on the small steps.

‘Girl?’ There’s someone else? Taeyeon thought.

‘Annyeonghaseyo! Sorry for being late. I got so much stuff to pack up’, an eye-smiling girl showed up at the door.

You guys didn’t tell me! Taeyeon glared at the girls.

You got problem with it? Yuri gave her a look.

‘Tipani!’, Yuri hugged the girl.

Taeyeon watched as the girl struggled to hold every paper bags, a box and a dress from the dry-cleaning in her arms. She accidently dropped the dress. Taeyeon bowed to pick up the white lacey short dress.

‘It’s okay. You guys still got the vacuum cleaner and the laundry’, Hyoyeon playfully said.

‘Jung Jessica, it’s yours’, Taeyeon handed the dress to Jessica.

‘Another reason why we were late’, Sunny added.

‘Why, thank you!’ Jessica jumped off the couch, chirping happily like a little girl.

Taeyeon helped Tiffany carry the paper bags, hoping to reduce the burden.

‘It has been a while, isn’t it?’ she broke the awkwardness between them.

‘Ne?’ Tiffany was confused.

‘Don’t’ you know me?’

 

FLASHBACK (Taeyeon’s POV)

 

‘Haish…’ I sighed. I closed the thick-skinned book, finishing my revision for tomorrow’s exam. My neck felt sore. I yawned a few times. The library was quiet as the way it should be. I had notice you sitting at the table across mine, revising just by yourself.

You were in a pink hoodie, your nails were painted blue and you had a ponytail tied neatly. I found myself looking at you from time to time. Little did I know that you would sometimes take a peek to let our eyes meet.  I got up from my seat to avoid the awkward moment. I went to the shelves to rearrange the pile of books I had been referring to. After finishing, I look at the place you were at, only to find you were gone. I frowned out of disappointment. To my surprise, as I was going out from the shelves alley, we bumped.

‘Ouch!’ I yelped. A big thick-skinned textbook dropped on my foot as I fall on my .

‘Oh my God, oh my God’, you blurted your polished English.

‘I’m so sorry’, you continued in Korean. I grabbed my navy blue sneaker, pressing on it to lighten the pain on my foot.

‘Are you okay? I’m really sorry. I didn’t see you’, you said.

‘It’s okay. I’m fine’, I pretended.

Hell I am fine when a book literally weighed 2.5 kilograms fell on my little toes. But the pain vanished completely when you grabbed my hands and tried to lift me up. At the moment, a vibe of electricity tickled my heart, making it flutter.

 ‘Are you really fine? I think my toes will break if it falls on mine’, you showed your worry eyes.

‘Thanks to the sneakers, I’m fine’.

You pulled me up. My head accidentally hit your chin, making us both hissed in pain. ‘I’m sorry’, I said. ‘It’s okay, we’re kinda even now’. We both chuckled.

Right in this moment, I witnessed a miracle. I witnessed the most beautiful eyes smile. Your eyes curled into a crescent moon, almost covering your eye balls. I felt time stopped between us. My heart was racing fast.

 ‘Ehem!’ I snapped out of the trance. A middle-aged librarian gave us a deep stare. She put her finger on , signaling us to be quiet. We covered our mouth to reduce our giggling volume.  I helped you rearrange the books from your arms.

 ‘Wanna get outta here?’ I whispered.

‘Yeah’, you said in a low volume.

 

-

 

‘Not again’, I sighed looking at my untied shoelaces. I lowered myself, one knee on the ground to support my weight as I neatly tied the shoe strings. Suddenly, something extremely heavy fell on me. I lost balance and fell on my back. You were on top of me. I felt your heart beating over mine. My skin was intensely burning against yours. Your hands were at the side of my head and my waist was in between your thighs.  I realized my hand was groping your unintentionally. ‘I’m sorry’, I said. I could feel the blood rushing up my cheeks, turning them into tint red. So was yours.

‘No, no. I am sorry. I’m the one who ran into you’, you apologetically said. We stayed in the same position, not moving an inch.

I cleared my throat.

‘You know…if we stay like this people might think wrongly of us’, I said.

You quickly got off me and dusted your skinny jeans. Your face turned redder. 

‘I’m in a hurry. I got to go.’ 

I intently watched you as you grabbed the books on the floor.

‘I didn’t get your name the other day’, I curiously said.

‘I’ll tell you my name if we bump into each other again –maybe this time not involving heavy objects falling on you.’ You smiled widely.

‘You owe me a meal then’, I said.

‘Super!’ you waved at me before disappearing from the hallway.

 

-

 

I leaned against the wall, waiting for you to show up at the cafeteria. It was Monday. I knew you would be here right about this time. I was starting to sound like a stalker. Maybe I was.

There you were, holding a cafeteria tray, picking out your food-of-the-day.

‘Now’, I encouraged myself.  I walked towards you and purposely knocked our shoulders together.

‘Sorry’, I pretended.

You looked at me and your face was obviously surprised. ‘It’s you!’ you chirped happily.

‘Third time. It has to be fate, right?’ you innocently said.

Fate. I felt guilty. ‘Yeah… it must be’, I stuttered a little.

‘Grab the tray. I owe you a meal, don’t I?’

I absent-mindedly followed your command.

‘It’s Tiffany’, you said.

‘Ne?’

‘My name. It’s Tiffany Hwang’.

‘Pretty’, I said unknowingly.

‘Pardon me?’

‘Ah, nothing’, I awkwardly smiled. ‘I’m Kim Taeyeon’.

‘Your name suits you very well’.

You lead me to an empty table. We both sat down facing one another. I was about to say something when I suddenly heard familiar voices from behind.

‘Ya, you guys know each other?’ Yuri smacked my shoulders. I almost jumped off the seat due to shock. Jessica took a sit next to me while Sunny sat beside you. ‘Kids, move’, Yuri said while shoving Jessica towards me. I was stuck to the wall, being slightly far from you. I made an annoyed face. ‘I didn’t know you guys know each other. Have you guys been secretly meeting?’ Sunny bluntly asked.

‘No, we bump into each other a few times. Only just now we learned our names’, you explained.

‘I see’, Jessica said in English.

‘By the way, Sunkyu-ah, have you found a rental house?’ Yuri asked.

‘House? What for?’ you asked.

‘You don’t know? We have to move out from our dorms. They want us to make room for the freshmen’, Sunny explained. ‘And stop calling me Sunkyu’, she said, pointing a plastic spoon at Yuri’s face. I was also shocked hearing the news. We were roommates but she never talked about it at our dorm.

‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ I asked Sunny.

‘I didn’t? Sorry’, she chuckled, trying to win me with her aegyo. It didn’t work.

‘When will we have to move?’ you asked.

‘After this semester ends. We are going to have to stay outside the campus for the final semester’, Jessica answered.

‘Wait, you know?’ Yuri was startled to see Jessica giving out information. So were the other girls.

‘Mwoya? I listened too you know’, Jessica confidently said but end up laughing at the end.

We all burst out laughing. The girls’ chatters started becoming louder accompanied by hysterical laughter in between. I was slightly embarrassed by the way people at the cafeteria were looking at us. But it didn’t really matter, as long as I get to see your addicting eye-smile. Slowly, you were drawing me into you.




 

 

I’m sorry for putting this story on hiatus for so long. I changed the plot too. I’m an awful author! So what do you think about the first chapter? Do you guys want to focus on just TaeNy or some of Soshi bond in between? I’m sorry if this story is not as great as you guys imagined. I tried my best. So there was a little DooHyo at the beginning. I just found this couple to be very charming! Sorry. Kekeke^^. Please leave your comments and subscribe. Help me spread Taeny’s love, okay?

With love,

SoneLocksmith94