005 - To reset what we had

Reset

 

I sat there quietly, waiting for you. You had to send your child back to your room. I observed you as you made you way back to the table we’re in.

“Hi,” you spoke. No words came out, I simple nodded.

“Henry, how are you?” you asked. I felt like hugging you and tell you that I was devastated when you left but I cannot speak. I just looked at you. It felt… surreal.  

I stood up. My body acted on its own. It must have been my reactions, trying to protect me from more pain.

“He… Henry?” Your tone sounded as if you were worried.

I kept walking. If felt like forever since I reached the exit of the hotel.

“Henry,” you reached for my shoulder. I turned around and didn’t notice that I was already crying.

“How can I be so stupid? I was here, alone, hurt and all I thought was you. You left me without any explanations. I thought you were dead! But no, you left me and ed some other guy and got pregnant. Are you even married?!” Words came out automatically from my mouth. I was trembling. I was hurt. You stood there, appalled. You looked down and smiled.

“I’m actually getting married,” tears started to stream down your face. Those words, that sentence. It felt like a cut through my heart. I clenched my fists as you continued to speak.

“And yes, I got pregnant. Stupid right? I’m a stupid girl,” you wiped your tears. “I’m sorry for causing you these pains,” you added. You turned around and walked back to the hotel.

I wanted to run after you. I didn’t want you to leave anymore. I didn’t want you to disappear. I just wanted to re-do everything. To reset what we had. But I can’t.

I’m hate myself for still waiting for you, waiting for you to come back to me.

 

 



I decided to end the story here. I have also decided that this story will have a sequel, so please anticipate!