Achluophobia

The Phobia List

Achluophobia - Fear of darkness

U-Kiss - Eli

~~~~

For as long as you could remember you had been afraid of the dark. It stemmed from an early exposure to horror films thanks to your elder brothers and it had stayed with you throughout your life and into early adulthood.

To you it was incredbily embarrasing and childish; who was afraid of the dark nowadays apart from little kids?

But you couldn't help it, no matter how hard you tried to overcome your fear you just couldn't do it.

Luckily for you though your boyfriend, the gorgeous pigeon of South Korea Kim Eli didn't find it funny at all, in fact he found it incredibly cute and would always be there for you whenever you needed him happy for the excuse to cuddle with you for a few hours.

But tonight was a little different.

The clock read 12:37am.

You hadn't seen Eli in several weeks as he had been promoting with U-Kiss in Japan, he was due back soon and you wanted to stay up and wait for him.

All the lights in the house were on, as was the TV and your laptop that was sitting in front of you. You were wearing a pair of Eli's boxers and one of his tshirts and you sat cradled on the sofa with a pillow as comfort as you waited patiently for Eli to return. 

Sighing in bordem you glanced up at the clock, 12:39am. Time was going too slowly.

To pass the time you stood up and plodded into the kitchen for something to nibble on and that's when it happened.

In a flash everything went black, out the window you watched as all of the lights in the surrounding areas went out as well.

You stood completely still and waited for the lights to come back on, but they never did. Your breathing became heavier and your hands began to sweat and the unbearable feeling that someone was watching you tingled down your spine and caused the hairs on the back your neck to stand up.

Whimpering you tried to get ahold of yourself, but you knew it was no use. 

Only Eli could make you feel safe in the dark.

You got on your hands and knees and you started to crawl towards the corner of the room. Your eyes began to blur as tears began to casade down your cheeks and your chest heaved with the effort of dragging your body into the safety of the corner.

The walls seemed to close in on you even though you couldn't see them, you didn't know which way was left or right and your whole body began to shake.

You crumpled to the floor with a small scream, not even reaching the supposedly safety of the corner.

~~~~

 Eli stepped out of the U-Kiss van and waved goodbye to the members and the manager, dragging his suitcase behind him as he tiredly began to climb the stairs to the apartment that he shared with his girlfriend.

He had missed you so much. Even though you had Skyped and called each other almost everyday it just wasn't the same as actually being with each other; all Eli wanted to do now was sleep in his own bed and cuddle with his most favorite person.

Just as he reached his floor's entrance he was suddenly plunged into darkness. Standing very still for several minutes, Eli waited to see if the lights would come back on; to see if it had only been a trip of the circuit. But he still stayed in darkness.

Carefully Eli began to approach the front door, using his hands to feel his way down the corridor whilst praying that you were asleep; he knew how terrified you were of the dark.

Before he could reach the door though he heard a small scream which caused his blood to turn cold, he knew that voice and he knew that scream.

You.

Realising that you were obviously awake and waiting for him, Eli quickly made it to the front door and pulled the key out of his pocket and frustratingly quickly jammed it into the lock and kicked his way into the apartment.

"Baby, where are you!?" he called as he tripped into the entryway, not even bothering to remove his shoes or shut the front door he unsteadily but quickly made his way into the living room in search of you.

He called out once again but he recieved no answer. He turned to search the bedroom, quickly making his way into the room and feeling his way around the bed and doing a quick check on the floor surronding the bed.

"_______" he called desperately and just as he was about to call again he got his answer. It was small but he heard it, a whimper. And it came from the kitchen.

Standing up and running to the kitchen as fast as he dared in the darkness, he arrived in the kitchen in a mutter of curses as he ran into the doorframe on his way in. Crawling on his hands and knees he moved towards you, following the sounds of your whimpers.

Finally reaching you he scooped you up into his arms and wrapped his arms protectively around you as you buried your head into his chest wishing the darkness away; the cries began as you gripped his shirt and tried to get closer to him.

He quietly shooshed you as he rocked you backwards and forwards, whispering his love for you and how he would always protect you and how sorry he was that he couldn't be there sooner.

You both stayed like that until the lights came back on, and Eli couldn't help but chuckle as he heard you mutter,

"Stupid Achluophobia making me look like a baby, stupid brothers" you continued to grumble under your breath.

"Well you may be a baby but at least your my baby" Eli said which earnt him a small slap yet a giggle at the same time.

Both sighed in contentment about being in each others arms again, even though they were expecting a dramatic return neither of them suspected one quite like this.

"Thank you" you whispered as you gazed into Eli's eyes  "You have no idea how safe you make me feel. I never want to leave your side"

"Please don't" he whispered in return, leaning down for his welcoming kiss which you happily gave him.

~~~~

Hmmm, kinda lame ending but this is a whole working process so bare with me ^^