THE FOURTH DANCE

Dancing On My Own


Alone in the ladies’ room, Dara stood in front of the mirror.
Staring at her reflection, she breathes out shakily.

Her cheeks were flushed and it was apparent that she's intoxicated.

Looking down, she the faucet and started splashing some cold water on her face.
After drying her face she wobbled her way towards one of the cubicles.

Inside, she pulled down the toilet lid and sat on it.

Replaying the scene she saw earlier, her tears started pouring and she can’t do anything to stop them.



Minutes later, her cellphone rang.

“Cutie?”

“Il Woo-ah,”

“I’m already here outside the club. Are you ready to go or do you want to stay longer?”

“I’m now in the ladies’ room.” She said, slurring her words a little. “I’ll just say goodbye and meet you outside.”

She heard him chuckle on the other line. “Seems like you drunk a lot tonight, cutie.”

“Ani,” She lied. “Just wait for me, okay?”

“Arasseo, I’ll wait for you.”



After freshening up, she headed outside.
Maybe it was delayed reaction on her part but the moment she stepped out of the ladies room everything around her starts spinning.

She pressed the palm of her hand against her temple and leaned against the wall.

All of a sudden, someone grabbed her arm.

“Omo,” She flinched.

“It’s me, Dara.” A familiar voice said.
 
She looked to her side and squinted her eyes. “J-Jiyong?”

“Are you alright?”

 She can tell from his voice that he was really worried.

“Uhm yeah. I’m fine.” She tried to walk but her head felt heavy

“I got you.” Jiyong assisted, holding her close. “You know that you can’t drink well. Why did you even try to compete with Gummy nuna?”

His voice sounded somewhat scolding.

“I was just having fun.” She answered, slurring her words.

“Still you shouldn’t have drunk a lot if you know you can’t handle it. Do you even know what you were doing out there?”

She released herself from him and leaned against the wall.

“Dara,” He said, sighing.

She threw him a glare and pouted. “I was just dancing.”

“You were dancing with guys you barely know-“

“I was dancing with Youngbae-“

“Before that.” He cuts her off. “You’re Sandara Park for YG’s sake! How can you let other guys touch you like that?”

“This is a club, Ji. You’re supposed to have fun dancing.” She points out. “And what the heck are you scolding me for? You’re not even my boyfriend.”



“You’re not even my boyfriend.” The words echoed.

What she said slashed his heart.
But he will definitely not let her know how she killed him that night.

He scoffs. “But I’m still your friend.”

“Psshhh..” She huffed and rolled her eyes.

“What do you think will Il Woo say if he sees you dancing intimately with other men?”

Dara’s eyes widened upon the mention of her boyfriend’s name.

“Omo, Il Woo.” She gasped as she attempts to take a step but her shaking legs failed her.

Jiyong was quick to grab her by the waist.  “Dara, “



When Jiyong held her close to him, Dara felt like she’s back to where she belongs.
But then her conscience tells her what she’s feeling isn’t something right.

She came to her senses and was reminded that she already has someone new.
 And that person is waiting for her outside with loving arms.

A sudden wave of sadness swallowed her and reality has finally sunk in.
She still loves Jiyong. All this time she still loves him.


Jiyong turned her to face him.

His eyebrows furrowed when he noticed her eyes were red and watery.

Without hesitation, he pulled her close and wrapped his arms around her. “D-Dara, what’s wrong?”

Her body started trembling.

He pulled away to take a good look at her but she pushed him aside.

She was about to walk away when he grabbed her arm and turned her towards him.

Her eyes were now filled with tears.

“Dara, what’s wrong?” He asked again as calmly as he can.

They were lucky that no one was around while they were having their small drama or else they will be all over the news.

“Are you hurt anywhere?  Do you want me to call Il Woo to come pick you up?”

After he spoke, Dara burst into tears.

“D-dara?” He looked at her helplessly.

Afraid that people might see them, he led her to the fire exit just right next to the men’s room.


Outside, he let her cry in his arms.

“Shhh… Don’t cry.” He cooed while caressing her head. “I’m sorry if I snapped at you.”

“I-it’s n-not about that,” She sobbed into his chest.

He pulled away and cupped one side of her face, wiping her tears with his thumb. “Then what is it? Are you tired? Is it because you’re drunk? Do you want to go home? I can call Il Woo if-“

“I missed you, Ji…” She blurted out.

It was unexpected.


Here they are outside the club.
Standing to what seems to be a small dark alley.

They were just steps away from the fire exit door.

The place was quiet enough for them to have some peace and privacy especially at a time like this.

Jiyong stared at Dara for long time, trying his best to decipher her thoughts.
He knows her very well but right after they broke up, it was like he was back again to square one.

All the while he thought he was the only one longing for her.
But now, he’s starting to think that maybe his friend, Kiko, was right.
Maybe Dara still loves him despite everything he has done to her.

A glimmer of hope shone in his eyes.

“W-what did you say?” He asked, wanting to confirm if she’s sober when she said it.

Dara looked straight into his eyes. “I missed you, Ji. I missed you so bad.”


That night, there was a big lump that’s been constantly going up and down his throat.
No doubt he was struggling very hard in dealing with his own emotions.

As a man, the rejection months ago added by her new found relationship made him bitter towards her.

But now, just because of one confession coming from her.
All his emotions that were bottled up inside of him just burst out

Yes he was a player, yes he was guilty for cheating on her, and yes it was his fault that he lost her to someone else. But that doesn't mean he love her any less.


He gazed deep into her teary eyes trying to find some kind of a sign from her.

And that’s when it happened.

She reached out her hand to gently caress the side of his face.

To him, her touch says it all.

“Jiyongie…” He heard her say in a weak voice. “I still love you…”

Not wanting to let the opportunity slip, he leaned closer to claim her lips.

The very moment their lips touched, he felt like there was a current of electricity flowing inside his body
It was like their first time.

He pulled her closer, carefully placing his hand on the back of her head.
She reached up and put her arms around his neck as his kisses deepened and became possessive.

“Dara,”

Both stopped and turned their heads to where the voice came from.

Holding the fire exit door open, was the last person they want to see.

“I-Il Woo.” Dara spoke.


++++++++++


Two weeks had passed…

Jiyong and Dara haven’t spoken or seen each other after the club party.

The 2NE1 girls flew to Japan for a three-day concert while the Big Bang boys took their short individual vacation.

During his vacation, Jiyong locked himself at the recording studio and busied himself with composing songs.

A knock on the door made him stop the music he was playing on the computer.

“So how’s your work?” Youngbae asked as he entered the room.

After closing the door, Jiyong went straight to the couch and laid himself.

“I only finished one track. I still need Teddy hyung’s help though.” He sighs and closed his eyes. “God, I’m so fckin’ tired.”

“Why don’t you go home then?” Youngbae leaned his hip against the table. “We’re still on vacation, Ji. You don’t need to be doing this.”

“It’s boring at home, Youngbae-ah.” He whined with eyes still closed. “And my apartment doesn’t have that homey feeling anymore. I'm thinking about moving into a new apartment.” He opened his eyes and glanced at his best friend. “Can you help me look?”

Youngbae rolled his eyes as he tries to pull him up from the couch. “Go home, Jiyong.”


++++++++++


“Unnie , your phone.” Chaerin said as they settled inside the van.

“Oh,” Dara rummage through her purse looking for her cellphone.

“Yoboseyo?”

“NUNA!!!”

Chaerin snapped her head toward her. “Is that Seungrat?”

She nods while listening to the other line.

“Is he setting you up again, unnie?” The 2NE1 leader arches an eyebrow.

++++++++++


With an evil grin on his face, Seungri pressed the end call button of his cellphone.

“Well?” Youngbae asked him eagerly. “What did she say?”

“Mission accomplished hyung!” He announced with pure enthusiasm.

“Yeah!” They high-fived.

 

 

 

 

-----+===[AUTHOR'S NOTE]===+-----

If you would like to get in touch with me (w/c I would ♥ you to ☺, kekeke), or simply exchange hi's and hello's, you can add me on Facebook : MCh0nz FACEBOOK
Or follow me on Twitter: MCh0nz TWEETS  and Tumblr: MCh0nz SPEAKS

Chat with you soon~~~ Ѽ

- Click to follow me on Twitter... (^_-)v