THE SECOND DANCE

Dancing On My Own


Two months later….

“PARK SANDARA!!!” Bom screamed.

Dara was cooking in the kitchen when she heard her best friend’s voice from the living room.
She quickly went to her thinking there was an emergency.

“Wae?!” She looks around and saw Bom staring at her laptop.

“What’s happening here?”  Chaerin asked.

She and Minji came out of their rooms to check what was going on.

Bom turned her laptop around for them to see.

“OMO!” Chaerin exclaimed, leaning closer just to make sure what she saw was correct.

Minji did the same and read it out loud.

“2NE1’s Park Sandara is confirmed to be dating South Korean swimmer Park Tae Hwan.” The news article says. Included were stolen pictures of Dara and a man sitting inside a fancy café.

The members turned their heads toward her.

“I know that our dating ban has been lifted two years ago Dara, but that doesn’t mean you can just openly tell the world you two are dating.” Bom said to her.

Dara shrugged her shoulders. “So what? He’s single and I’m single. He doesn’t have any problems letting the public know we’re dating then why should it matter? And besides, sajangnim is not even against it.”

“Aigoo,” Bom slaps her forehead. “You just broke up with Jiyong, Dara. And may I remind you that Park Tae Hwan is their friend. What will Jiyong say if he finds out-“

“He better not say anything.” Dara cuts her off. There was a hint of anger in her voice.

Chaerin, who was now sitting beside Bom, nudged her.

“Don’t mind what Bom unnie said.” She told her, earning a nudge from Bom in return.

“She’s right, unnie.” Minji spoke. “If you’re happy dating Tae Hwan oppa, then just go ahead. Don’t mind what other people say.”

“That’s exactly what I’m going to do.” Dara said giving Bom a smirk before heading back to the kitchen.


“Hey,” Bom went to her friend’s side.

Dara was standing at the kitchen counter cutting up some vegetables.

“I’m sorry about what I said earlier.” She said, reaching for a carrot stick that’s on the plate. “I didn’t mean to bring up Jiyong. I’m really sorry.”

Dara sighed as she turns to her. “It’s okay Bommie-ah, I know you’re just concern about me.”

“Yes, I’m really concern about you.” She said, leaning on the counter. “No offense Dara, but you and Jiyong just broke up a couple of months ago. I still don’t get it. How can you date someone so fast? And not only that, I can’t believe you’ve associated yourself with someone he knows.”

Her friend stopped chopping and was silent for a moment.  

“Wae? You don’t like Tae Hwan for me?”

She rolled her eyes. “It’s not that, Dara. What makes me wonder is how you can move on that fast. You and Jiyong had been together for years. Don’t tell me that everything you two had just gone down the drain.”

Dara shrugged her shoulders.

“I still can’t believe you and Jiyong broke up.” She mumbled, frowning at the thought. “I just couldn’t.”

“Well I can’t believe he cheated on me again.” Dara turned her head towards her. “He’s a player Bom, always was and always will be.”

She bit her lip. “I’m sorry.”

“Me too.” Dara spoke in a small voice.

“D-do you still love him?”

“What kind of a question is that?”

“Just answer the question. Do you still love him?”

“Of course, I still love him.” Dara answered quietly. “It’s not easy to forget someone you have loved for so long, most especially if you have given him everything.”

She scoffs. “You gave him everything alright. God Dara, I still can’t forget the day you told me you think you were pregnant.”

Dara gave out a chuckle but she can feel her eyes stinging as she recalls that day.

Bom noticed the sadness in her eyes and it saddens her.

 “It doesn’t matter now, Dara.” She put her hand on her shoulder. “As long as you’re happy with Tae Hwan, then I’ll support you.”

Dara gave her a forced smile. “Thank you, Bommie-ah.”
                               

++++++++++

Six months later…

To celebrate the success of Big Bang’s world tour concert, Yang Hyun Suk sponsored a huge party for them at one of his famous clubs in Hongdae.

The world tour concert crew and some friends from Japan, who came to Korea for a visit, also joined the party.

“Yo yo yo,” Yanggaeng got off from the stool and greeted the guys. “Look whose back in Korea.”

He gave Jiyong and the rest of the Big Bang members a brotherly hug.

“How long have you been here?” Jiyong asked him.

“I just got here actually.” His friend replied, draping his arm around his shoulder. “Let’s go inside the VIP room. The others are waiting for you guys.”

Jiyong and the rest of the members followed.


“Oh Jiyong-ah,” Kush greeted. “Sit here”

He moved to the side to give space for the Big Bang members to sit on the couch.

Instead of sitting with them, Seungri announced that he was going to greet someone first.

“Hurry back,” Seunghyun called out.


Hours have passed and the guys have managed to greet the entire guests and mingled with their YG friends.

Feeling a bit tired, Jiyong went to the bar area where Seunghyun and Youngbae were drinking.

“I swear,” He said sitting on a stool beside Youngbae. “I really need a long vacation after this.”

“Me too.” His best friend seconded.

“Hey guys,” Seungri suddenly shows up. “The 2NE1 girls are here.”

They all looked to where he motioned his head.

Bom, Chaerin, and Minji were walking around greeting their seniors and the guests.

Mixed emotions stirred inside Jiyong when he saw them.
He was happy and nervous at the same time.

When the girls saw them, they excitedly went over.

“Hey,” Bom greeted. “It’s been a long time guys.”

Youngbae was first to give her a hug. “I missed you, nuna.”

“I missed you too.”

“How about us, oppa?” Minji asked while spreading her arms wide open.

“Of course I missed you too.” Youngbae hugged her and Chaerin.

Seungri and Seunghyun took turns in greeting the girls too.

Jiyong held up his hand for a high-five which the girls accepted with a smile.

“So how you’ve been?” Bom asked him.

He smiles at her. “I’m good. How about you?”

“Oh, I’m fine.” She replied, tossing her hair. “We just got back from Japan and-”

“Nuna,” Seungri called her attention. “Where’s Dara nuna?”

Bom and Chaerin looked at each other.

“She’s on her way.” Minji answered.

Youngbae gave them a wondering look. “Why didn’t she come with you?”

“She’s with mmmfff…” Bom’s hand was quick enough to cover the maknae’s mouth.

“She’s on her way.” She repeated, secretly glancing at Jiyong.


An hour passed and Dara still hasn't showed up.
Jiyong was starting to feel anxious about seeing her.

The time Dara rejected his marriage proposal, he felt broken, hurt, and angry at the same time.
As much as he wanted to stay longer in Korea to fix their relationship, his obligation as a member of Big Bang is something he can’t just disregard.
Even on tour he kept trying to get in touch with her but she wouldn’t answer her phone.
Later on he found out that she changed her number.
The girls wouldn’t cooperate with him, afraid that Dara will lash out on them once they give it to him.
Youngbae and Seungri who happens to be close to her weren’t successful in getting her number as well.

Days and months passed by, his only means of getting updates about her is through internet.
It’s because of the internet he found out that she was dating Park Tae Hwan two months after they broke up.
The shock was too much for him to such an extent that he almost boarded a plane back to South Korea the very moment he saw the news article.
If the other members didn’t keep a close watch on him, Big Bang’s world tour would have ended in a total disaster.
They immediately reported Jiyong’s plan to their president.
Before he could even leave their suite, the YG staff already stopped him.

He spent months sulking while continuing the world tour.
For a short time, he was not in good terms with Seunghyun because Park Tae Hwan was his close friend.
But soon he learned to accept things little by little.

“Hyung, hyung.”  His thoughts were interrupted by Seungri dashing towards him.

He turns around. “What’s up with you?”

“Gah!” The maknae panted. “N-nuna… gah… D-dara nuna… is here…”

His eyes actively went searching for her.
He couldn’t find her because he has no idea where to look first.
Then like the red sea, the crowd slowly parted revealing the person he was looking for.

Dara was waving, bowing, and greeting people she meets.
She was smiling genuinely to all of them.
It was breath taking sight for him.
He wanted to run to her but he was stuck on his seat.
His nervousness is eating him big time.

From where he is sitting, he watched as the other Big Bang members approached her without problem.
He didn’t even notice that Seungri had already left him if he hadn’t seen him throwing his arms around her.
Youngbae had to pull them apart just so he can hug her too.

After greeting everyone, he saw Dara pointing to someone behind her.
He squinted his eyes to get a better look.

‘That’s not Park Tae Hwan.’ He thought.

Observing very carefully, he noticed that the guy’s hand was on Dara’s back.
He watched him greeting the members politely with her beside him.

Not very long, Dara’s eyes caught his.
He froze when she smile and waved at him.

Fidgeting on his seat, he waved back.
He almost ran off when he saw her heading towards him.

“Annyeong,” She greeted with a sweet smile.

“O-a-annyeong.” He greeted awkwardly, wondering whether he should just greet her like that or to give her a hug for old time sake.

“How have you been?” She asked in an upbeat tone.

“F-fine, I guess.” He replied, stuttering. “H-how about you-“

His voice trailed off when the familiar guy joined them.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jiyong-sshi.”

Dara grinned when he snake his arm around her waist.

She turns to Jiyong. “Do you still remember, Jung Il Woo?”

Jiyong could feel his face distorting at what he was seeing but he still managed to smile.

“O-of course,” He slightly dipped his head. “Annyeonghaseyo, Il Woo-sshi.”

“Since we have been formally introduced, why don’t we just drop the formalities?” Il Woo suggested with a smile.

“S-sure.” He forced out a laugh, glancing at Dara.

Knowing her, he was positive that she was feeling awkward too.

“So how you’ve been?” He asked, looking at Il Woo and then to Dara.

“I’m busy recently. I just started shooting another drama.” Il Woo replied. “How about you? “

Jiyong acted cool and normal. “We just finished our world tour and here we are now, back to Seoul.”

“Are you guys on vacation?”

He chuckled and shook his head. “Nah, well… sort of. A few days off for me then I’ll be back composing and working on some new songs.”

“Whoa,” Il Woo turned to Dara. “You weren’t kidding when you said he’s a very busy person.”

She beamed at him. “See I told you.”

“Woow, wait a minute.” Jiyong held up his hands. “What has she been telling you about me?”

Il Woo laughs. “She talks about you a lot actually. A lot that I sometimes think-“

“Aigoo, Il Woo-ah,” Dara cuts him off. “Stop talking nonsense-“

“Oppa!”

They turned their heads and saw a woman striding towards Jiyong.

“Kiko-ah.”

Dara watched as the woman hooked her arm through his. “I was looking all over for you, oppa.”

She turns to them and smiled.

“Oh,” Jiyong cleared his throat. “This is Kiko Mizuhara by the way.”

“Annyeonghaseyo,” She bows her head.

Dara and Il Woo did the same.

“She’s my-“

“It‘s a pleasure to
finally meet you Dara-sshi,” She politely said to her, then she turns to Il Woo. “And…”

“Jung Il Woo,” Dara spoke, glancing at Jiyong with a smirk. “He’s my boyfriend.”

 

 

 

-----+===[AUTHOR'S NOTE]===+-----

If you would like to get in touch with me (w/c I would ♥ you to ☺, kekeke), or simply exchange hi's and hello's, you can add me on Facebook : MCh0nz FACEBOOK
Or follow me on Twitter: MCh0nz TWEETS  and Tumblr: MCh0nz SPEAKS

Chat with you soon~~~ Ѽ

- Click to follow me on Twitter... (^_-)v