Stay Away From The Chicken

Seducing Mr.L

 

Today .

Sungyeol mindlessly shoved his spoon in and out of the bowl as the cereal flakes began to turn to mush from the milk. He doesn’t really notice as his thoughts were elsewhere, elbows propped onto the table as he rests his cheek on the palm of his hand.

“This ,” he mumbles under his breath. Really, it did. To be waking up to such a nightmare was something he didn’t need today. Okay, nightmare was a pretty harsh word – inappropriate, he should say. It’s not like he hated it or anything, in fact, he doesn’t really mind. Now that’s the sole reason as to why he’s in such a dilemma right now.

He’s not supposed to like it but he just does and he knows he can’t do anything about it.

“You stupid fool,” Sungyeol whines indignantly to himself.

Howon turns around from making his eggs when he noticed the dejected boy stabbing his cereal at the kitchen table. He raised a questioning brow but decided against saying anything. He figures the other boy just needed some space for a while and he’ll snap out of his melodramatic phase sooner or later. Even Sungjong who was sitting across from him looked mildly concerned, though he made no move to voice his thoughts out loud. Sungyeol appreciated the silence but what he wanted was a huge distraction right now. He needs something to keep his mind off things, something to keep it occupied so it doesn’t go roaming back into unwanted territory. Now that was happening quite frequently these days too.

“Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of bed.”

Sungyeol looks up and sees Myungsoo walking in from the kitchen decked out in his usual plaid shirt and a simple pair of jeans. He assumed the other boy just came back from an early morning schedule, seeing as how Myungsoo was looking decent today. Well, he was always good-looking and Sungyeol is only just saying that because it’s the truth, not because he actually thinks that the guy is attractive in that sort of way but –

Okay, to hell with it.

Myungsoo looked pretty damn good today.

Still, the sight of him made Sungyeol squirm. The last person he wanted to see was standing right in front of him and it was just pure torture. Seriously, it took all of his willpower not to bolt out of his seat right then and there to take refuge in his room. Myungsoo was looking rather amused as he settles into a seat next to Sungyeol who subtly looks away, avoiding all eye contact. This was beyond awkward right now, but he promises he’ll get over it soon. Just give some time for the super weird images to banish from his mind and then he’ll be able to form coherent sentences and talk properly again.

“Something up?” Myungsoo asked genuinely this time, a hint of concern painting his words when he heard no response from the other boy. Feeling somewhat guilty that he’s worrying Myungsoo for no reason, Sungyeol forced himself to look up at him.

“Yes, actually. I need to file a restraining order against you.”

Myungsoo looked surprised. “And why’s that?”

“Not only do you sleep talk,” Sungyeol glares, “you kick violently in your sleep too, do you know that?”

Myungsoo laughs lightly as he flashes an innocent smile. “Really? I’m sorry ~”

“Tell that to my broken back.” Sungyeol retorts while jabbing a finger at Myungsoo’s arm. 

Good, his voice didn’t break. He’s acting normally. This is good. He can do this.

“He was crazy this morning,” Sunggyu butts in as he walks by the table, setting down a plate of eggs that he nabbed from Howon’s frying pan. “You must’ve done something for him to whine like that.”

Myungsoo raised a brow. “That bad?”

Sungyeol flushes at the comment. “That was because of a bad dream,” he says as he pointedly sent daggers at their leader. He then turns to Myungsoo with a pout. “But yes, you’re the suave visual by day and an unconscious kick-boxer at night.”

Myungsoo snickered while Sunggyu bursted out laughing at the image. Sungyeol was rather thankful that they seemed amused, even though that wasn’t the real reason as to why he’s feeling all moody today. He could tell from Sungjong’s look that the younger boy didn’t seem to believe it either – the kid was terribly sharp at times – but hey, it was partially the truth. He hadn’t been getting any sleep these days thanks to Myungsoo and Dongwoo, the most troublesome sleepers in the entire freaking world. He wonders why he offered to be their roommates in the first place, until he remembered that it was because he wanted to be near Myungsoo more since they were the best of friends and maybe because he might have harboured a tiny, little crush on said best friend for a while now which is why he’s having absurd dreams that makes it impossible for him to sleep at all and – 

Oh gosh.

“Are you going to stay and eat?” Sunggyu asked, snapping Sungyeol out of his train of thought. Despite being the eldest, the leader was oblivious to Sungyeol and his predicament at the moment.  

Myungsoo shakes his head. “Ate already, plus I’ll have to leave again in a few more minutes.”

“That’s a shame,” Sungjong says before helping himself to the eggs on the table. “You should at least eat Howon hyung’s breakfast before you leave.”

“Sounds good but maybe next time,” Myungsoo quips before glancing to his side. “What are you eating?” Myungsoo peers at the bowl Sungyeol was holding, only to frown as he tried to identify what it was. “Is that porridge?”

“Cereal,” Sungyeol replied, looking pretty miffed when Myungsoo gave him a dubious look. “I’ll have you know it taste delicious!” he adds, shoving a spoonful of cold, mushy breakfast in his mouth just to prove his point. The corny honey oats lost its flavour in the milk a long time ago, but he was stubborn and refused to back down from anything, even if it meant puking out the contents afterwards. Besides, having his mouth full means he didn’t have to talk to Myungsoo and not talking to Myungsoo means he wouldn’t have a chance to blurt out anything he might regret.

“Sure it is,” Myungsoo chuckled lightly before getting off his seat. “Maybe you can give me some when I get back?”

Sungyeol sticks out his tongue in spite. “Not a chance.”

“Stingy,” Myungsoo complains before looking at the others. “Going to change now, I’ll see you guys later.”

Everyone nods and waves goodbye while Sungyeol silently cheered in his mind. With the spoon still in his mouth, he enthusiastically shooed the other boy away. Myungsoo just grunts as he playfully whacks Sungyeol in the head when passing by.

“I’ll go wake up Woohyunnie,” Sunggyu says as he also gets up from his seat. “I’ve let him rest for too long already.”

“Go easy on him, hyung.” Sungjong gives him an all-knowing look and the elder just laughs before walking off into his room. When everyone left, save for the maknae, Sungyeol allowed himself to sigh solemnly before slamming his forehead against the wooden table. Holding a hand to his chest, he twisted the fabric on his shirt as he felt the rapid beating of his heart slowly dying down into steady thumps.

Ba dum. Ba dum.

Well that turned out better than what he expected. Sungyeol thought he would never make it out of that alive, especially after seeing Myungsoo’s face up close of all times (it reminded him too much of his dream and that was something he did not want to think about). He gave himself a pat on the back for keeping his cool though – who knew his awesome acting skills could help so much? Brushing the ego aside, he will now use this time to wipe out those disturbing images from his memory bank now. Yes, that’s what he should do.

“Hyung, you’re overdoing it.” Sungjong spats, breaking the silence as he watched the older member mope around on the other side of the table. He didn’t want to get involved, but the way Sungyeol was acting was unbearable. “Your heavy sighing and be is dampening the atmosphere.”

“Hey! I can’t help it if my heart is twisting into knots...” Sungyeol responded in defense.

Sungjong blinks. “Love problem?” He suddenly leans in and lowers his voice. “Is it about him?”

Sungyeol pauses, unsure what to do before he feels himself nod slowly. He knew full well who the other boy was talking about and it still amazes him how Sungjong manage to find out about it – about his feelings that he tried so hard to hide and push away. He knew for a fact that he was extremely careful not to let any of it seep, but the maknae was more observant than he gives him credit for and perhaps because Sungjong is the youngest it makes him more aware of the people around him.

“Unfortunately,” he finally says, and Sungjong offers him a sympathetic look.

“You didn’t tell him yet?”

Sungyeol bites his lower lip, troubled. “How could I? I can’t do something like that…”

“Why can’t you?” Sungjong frowns.

“Cause I just can’t. Do you know how hard it is? I don’t have enough courage to do something like that!”

“Aish, you’re so hopeless.”

“Thanks, I realized.” Sungyeol gives him an annoyed look. “But it’s just so hard to handle…”

“So what, you’re going to avoid him now and then forever?” Sungjong did not like where this was going. He saw too many friendships fall apart like this and he wasn’t about to let something like an unrequited love put a strain on the group’s relationship. “Realistically speaking, you’ll see him a lot considering we live together. Not to mention we have to perform together too, you can’t just –”

“No! Okay no, I get it. As bad as it is, I know it's unreasonable to avoid him.” Sungyeol snapped before lowering his voice again. “I don’t really want to avoid him anyways….” he whispered more to himself than anyone else.

Sungjong smiled at that. “That’s fine…” His words lingered in the air for a while, wary of what he should say next. The sight of his lovesick hyung made his heart ache and he wanted to do something for him, anything to make him happy again. Sungjong suddenly narrowed his eyes in resolution. “I can help you.”

Sungyeol blinks in surprise. “What?”

“I can help,” Sungjong repeats himself, and Sungyeol swears he could see a devious glint in his eyes.

“I don’t know about this…”

“Trust me hyung, it’s foolproof.” Sungjong assures him, but it still makes him wary. There was a part of his brain that was nagging him not to listen at all, but Sungjong seemed so convinced on the plan that it makes him feel almost hopeful.

“What are you guys whispering about?” Howon finally emerged from the kitchen, holding a plate of toast and more eggs as he sets them on the table.

“Nothing, hyung ~” Sungjong sings innocently and Howon all but rolls his eyes at that.

“Here, put that cereal away and eat some real breakfast.” Howon urges at the other male on the table.

Sungyeol takes one look at the yellow and white mush on the plate and politely shakes his head. “Sorry, I’m on a no-poultry diet.”

Howon furrowed his brows. “…Why?”

“Just because.”

Sungjong gives him an equally odd look. “Eggs aren’t considered chicken.”

“Ah, but it comes from chicken, so no thanks.”

“I swear,” Howon chuckles as he takes a bite of his breakfast. “You’re such a weirdo sometimes.”


Author's Note

I think our poor Sungyeollie is forever scarred now. Aha thanks for the lovely comments guys <3 it makes me happy reading them. Anyhow, the seduction game will most definitely start next chapter, so look forward to it ~

On other news;

[interview] odina magazine vol. 8

Q: Then if you were to give a present of thanks to one of the members?

L: I’ll give Sungyeol my friendship as a gift. You won’t decline, right?

Sungyeol: Then I’ll go further and give L my friendship (laughter)

 

Sungyeol, that's not going further. You have to give him your loveee. Urgh, seriously, can they get any cuter?