Prologue

Ascend

Dear Lord Kim of Elysea,

I do hope that your Kingdom has been faring well and that your family is happy and healthy. Word has gone around that you are expecting a beautiful baby girl, yes?

Now that the pleasantries have been discussed, I have a proposal to ask of you. As you know, our Kingdoms have not been the greatest of mates; in fact, we weren’t mates at all in the past. With the attacks of the Drakon and the Ballaur, our people have been suffering greatly. If we were to re-enact the war that had split our nations apart, we might as well be living inside a furnace! I have been pondering this decision for a very long time, and I think that it is in both of our best interests if our countries become one. Therefore, we can combine forces to rid the Ballaur and we can open safe trade routes so our economy may also benefit from this.

As you may know, I have a healthy infant son; Prince Han Jaejoong deAsmodae, and I am hoping that your daughter and my son may marry. Therein, Elysea and Asodae may fight under one flag for the reasons already listed above.

I dearly pray that you will think about this proposal and I hope to receive a letter back soon.

Sincerely, King Han de Asmodae

“Feh…” was all that the great lord of Elysea managed to say.

“I hope, I hope, I hope! Are these words the only things that come out of that blasted king’s mouth?!” he yelled as he slammed his fist hard on top of King Han’s name. If anyone were to see him in this state, they would think him mad! A perfectly normal looking wealthy man, screaming like a lunatic in his private office. Whether it was because of prejudice, jealousy or pride, Lord Kim Gong Dong hated Asmodae and the creatures that roamed it. “By merlin, there is no way that I am letting my princess even breathe the same air as that filth of a prince!”

The Lord then frowned and looked at the yellowing parchment for quite some time before angrily slamming his hand flat on top of it and setting it aside.

On the floor.

He mumbled a few choice curse words then moved on to the next document. It was the same old thing, complaints and requests from the commoners, taxes, defences needing funding etc. But when he was about to scan a complaint concerning a prank on a local temple, an idea had formed into the middle aged man’s head. A triumphant grin forming on his chapped lips from his sudden epiphany.

Lord Gong Dong then got up and swooped up the parchment from the floors adorned with rugs of blue, green, white, and gold; the colours of Elysea.

“If I were to accept this goody-two shoes of a king’s proposal…” the Lord mumbled. Not soon after, a very devious smile had somehow managed to work its way up to the Lord’s lips.

“He won’t see it coming.”

In the next few weeks, Lord Gong Dong had requested for a trip to Asmodae to discuss very important matters with King Han Hae Chan.

Once he had arrived with his entourage which included servants, guards, a mail boy and the minister of law & legal matters; he was shown to his fancy guest room, then he was escorted to the throne room of the king.

Ugh, you can barely see anything in this place… thought Lord Kim Gong Dong as he examined the gloomy grey sky and the lack of sunlight. The towns looked very different from the ones in Elyos, they had a very gothic look and almost everything was grey or black.

Outside the palace were jagged rocks and very scary looking guards with chunky faces and blueish Asmodian skin. But they didn’t faze Gong Dong because he knew that their appearance didn’t affect their skill in battle.

 When he entered the palace, he was in the main hall of the whole place. It looked elegant and a tad frightening at the same time with statues and pictures of past kings and queens, black stone walls, royal red rugs and fiery torches lining up along the walls. But he couldn’t see much of what surrounded him as it was very dark, and the torches weren’t doing much. The proud lord took in this new environment with his head up and a noble expression, even though he felt uneasy, and even homesick.  Being inside this palace was like being in a dark room all alone. He might as well be, seeing as his Elysian eyes can’t see things in the dark like the Asmodians.

As the lord thought he had hit a dead end, the surface in front of him opened up like double doors. Gong Dong guessed that they were in fact doors and nonchalantly stepped inside of what he guessed to be the throne room of the king of Asmodae.

“Ah, so you have decided to show up,” observed a booming and authoritive voice a far distance in front of Gong Dong. The voice belonged to the noble and fair King Han Hae Chan. He had quite a jaw line and striking features. Meanwhile, the queen was sitting tall in a throne next to Hae Chan’s. She had very soft eyes and a gentle face. The perfect match for Hae Chan.

“Yes, yes I have,” Lord Gong Dong replied, very cleverly hiding the evil malice that was about to show in his tone. “So, how is your family? Well, I assume?” he added a quick second later, just to be polite.

“Yes, they are, in fact; Prince Jaejoong has stumbled upon his first word…” Hae Chan answered happily, a smile gracing his face. Gong Dong forced a smile on his face, trying to seem very happy for the king even though he would rather scrub out the Cilona waterways. “Now, enough with the formalities,” King Hae Chan spoke quickly, trying to get the conversation back on the matters at hand, “Concerning the letter I have sent you a few weeks ago… I apologise if it seemed a little too straightforward. I will completely understand if you deny my proposal… It was not in my position to ask for a marriage between such young children-,”

“Nonsense,” Lord Gong Dong interrupted. “If I were to refuse… wouldn’t I have sent a letter to you instead?” he added with a smirk.

Hae Chan smiled at this, glad that his anxious days of waiting have paid off. “So, you’re saying that the marriage is on?” he asked hopefully, making sure that he wasn’t dreaming

“Oh, it’s on,” boomed King Gong Dong. Besides, when I want what I want, I get what I want…

Hey guys ^^ for all of you who subscribed, I told ya I’ll update :P. By le way, my other fic with the main character as IU is on HAITUS coz I’ve lost my mojo 2 continue writing it XD

Anyway, look 4ward 2 chapter 2 coz I have lotsa free time to write now that its school holidays. BTW, all the characters in the tags and in the foreward will appear in da next chap! Guess who le lucky baby is and don’t forget to comment and subscribe! ^^