Epilogue pt. 1

When Love Ends

If only I could change the entire world overnight. There would be no such thing as goodbye and you’ll be with me, and with our daughter. The world seems so dark and bright at the same time. Dark because you’re not here by my side, and bright because I have Lin by my side.

Rin, today is exactly 3 years after you went away. Lin has grown up so fast. Her hair was so long before I came here so I brought her to the saloon and she got her hair cut. It’s short now, isn’t it? I don’t know if you like her hair like this or not. Well I hope you like it. She would make cute sounds while she’s sleeping. And I can’t help it but laugh every time I hear it. She doesn’t like cucumber and tomato. Sometimes I forced her to eat it and she would pout cutely. She looks like you when she pouts. She really likes strawberry tho. Just like me.

Sometimes at night we would take a bath together and she likes to scrub my back. Lin is the type of girl who talks a lot. She always told me stories about what she watched, what she reads, and what she heard.  She talks a lot, just like you. It hurts sometimes that she looks a lot like you, she’s like a mirror of you, but just smaller and younger. When she smiles, her eyes would turn into an eye smile too.

Enough about Lin, let’s talk about our parents. My dad and my mom went back to China weeks ago. They offered me to go with them but it won’t feel right to leave Korea, the place where I met you. They promised to keep on touch with me and they did. They call me sometimes. Your parents called me too. Just yesterday they sent me a package of strawberries just because they knew Lin likes it. Xiumin ge married to a nice and beautiful woman 4 or 5 months. They are on their honeymoon to Japan right now. I’m so happy for him.

And Lay, I haven’t heard much about him. After I met him last year to visit you together, I’ve never heard anything regarding where he is now. I hope he’s okay. Last year when I asked him whether he’s married yet or not he just shrugged and gave me a slight smile. I hope he found someone tho.

Anyway, Rin, I hope you’re happy there. I’m thankful for every second I’ve spent with you. I’m glad that I had you by my side during those hard times. I’m sorry that I can’t be with you, but I know someday we will re-unite and be together forever. I love you, Rin.

Tao opened his eyes and sighed. He lifted his head and facing Rin’s grave. He smiles before he realized that Lin is not by his side.

“Lin?” he shouted. “Lin where are you?” he got up to search for Lin when his eyes caught a glimpse of 2 little kids playing together. Tao walked slowly towards them and smile when he realized that it’s Lin playing with a little boy. Tao smiles gently when he saw Lin laughing with that little boy. Lin turned his head around and smiles.

“Appa!” she cheered. She giggled when the little boy hugged her from behind and both of them laughing together. Tao shook his head and walk towards them.

“Lin, who is he? You never told me you got a new friend” Tao ruffled her hair and Lin smiles. The little boy is looking at Tao confusedly but smile in the end.

“Appa, he is my new friend” Lin introduced him to Tao.

“Oh really? What’s his name?” Tao asked. Lin blinks several times and turned her head towards that little boy.

“What’s your name?” Lin asked. That little boy smiles.

“Xing Wei!” that boy shouted. Lin smiles cutely and turned her head back to Tao.

“Xing Wei!” she copied the way Xing Wei answered. Tao chuckled and nods. So this boy is not Korean too.

“So, Xing Wei what are you doing here? Are you alone?” Tao asked as he kneels down. Xing Wei shook his head. “Then where’s your parents?”

Xing Wei turned his head around, seems like he’s looking for his parents. He turned back his head to Tao and shook his head again.

“Xing Wei!” someone shouted from afar and Xing Wei turned his head.

“Baba! (dad)” Xing Wei exclaimed. He run towards a man who is standing a little far from where Tao and Lin. Tao carried Lin and Lin hugged his neck. He got up and slant his eyes a little bit to see Xing Wei’s father’s face clearly because the sun shines too bright. Tao could see that Xing Wei got lifted up and his father walk towards them.

“You haven’t changed much, have you, Tao?”

Tao chuckled in disbelief and nodded. “You too, Lay”

Yes, it’s Lay.

“So you’re a father now, aren’t you?” Tao walks closer and Lay nodded. “I can tell that my daughter here likes him” Tao wriggled his eyebrows and Lay chuckled. Lay looked at his son’s face and smiles and he saw that Xing Wei is looking at Lin with a smile plastered on his face.

“I guess so” Lay answered and put down Xing Wei, Tao did the same to Lin shortly after. Lin and Xing Wei play together while Tao and Lay walk towards Rin’s grave.

“It’s been a long time since I came here last time. With you as I remember.” Lay said. Tao nodded.

“Where have you been?” Tao asked Lay confusedly. “Why didn’t you tell me that you’ve married and how old is your son now?”

“A year younger than Lin I supposed.” he answered and Tao’s eyes widened.

“And you didn’t tell me? What kind of friend are you?” Tao scoffed. Lay only shrugged.

“Are we even friend?” Lay teased and Tao chuckled. “Kidding, we are friends. Sorry I didn’t tell you before. It’s just.. You know” Lay rubbed the back of his neck. And Tao knew that Lay doesn’t want to talk about it anymore.

“So, umm..” Tao started. “Where have you been? In Korea? Or China?”

“China, for a year. I just got back to Korea a couple months ago” he replied. “I just don’t feel like staying here. And my wife prefers China to Korea, so we moved to China”

“Are you going to live there?” Tao asked again while eyeing Xing Wei and Lin who are sitting on a grass not far from Rin’s grave while playing together.

“I guess” Lay answered shortly before he started to pray in front of Rin’s grave.

Tao knew exactly the reason why Lay didn’t tell him about his marriage, about his wife, or even his son. He knew that Tao would feel bad for himself. For seeing someone being happy while he has to face the fact that his wife is no longer with him. That his wife has went away years ago. Nonetheless, Tao is happy for Lay. That Lay has moved on and find someone else.

Lay opened his eyes and sighed. “Sorry I don’t bring any flowers for Rin” he apologized.

“It’s okay” Tao replied. “And I’m happy for you, Lay”

Lay turned his head to face Tao and Tao nodded. “I’m happy for you” he repeated what he said, to make sure that Lay heard it well.

“Why?” Lay asked.

“Because you’ve moved on with your past life. Because you’ve find someone else?” Tao chuckled.

“So you’re happy now I’ve stopped chasing Rin?” he scoffed and Tao giggled soundlessly.

“A part of me said yes, but no. I’m just happy for you.” Tao answered and Lay nodded.

“Thanks, Tao. I’m happy that Lin grown up well, too” Lay looked and Lin and smile. “She looks a lot like Rin, don’t you think so?”

Tao nodded.

“And Xing Wei looks just like you” Tao said and Lay laughed.

“I know right, he’s so handsome.” Lay chuckled.

“But I didn’t say you’re handsome.” Tao scoffed.

“Right”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys!

It's msrbcca here and i just want to say that Epilogue part 1 is up! Part 2 will be the last Epilogue and i hope you'll wait patiently for it!

I'm super happy that i'm able to post this up before i go to bed. Ideas were flowing just like that while i was writing this. I hope you guys like it tho! >< I know this is just a short epilogue and i guess part 2 will be longer. I'm just hoping that you guys will like this and i promise i'll post part 2 as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading this and i love you all!

With love, Rebecca.