006

Minho Falls In Love

chapter six;

 

 

It was a bizarre sight.

 

Way bizarre. Perhaps more bizarre than Jonghyun the bulldog and Key the bobtail being best friends.

 

Minho’s jaw dropped open as he stared at the three children who were chasing after a chicken. A chicken, right in the heart of the metropolitan Seoul. Seriously?

 

What made the sight even stranger was that all the three chasing kids do not look Korean. He wondered if they are of mixed parentages, but then they do not look similar to one another. Was there a club for foreign looking kids, then?

 

His eyes returned to the poor terrified chicken for was running away from those three kids for his dear life. “HEEEEEEEEELLPPPPPP!!!” he heard the chicken screamed. Minho wondered if he should offer a help, since he was supposed to be sniffing for something else with Mansoo.

 

This is Seoul; that chicken can save itself, Minho supposed and turned away from the scene.

 

However, his strides came to a halt when two pigeons suddenly landed right before him in unison. “Yo!” one of the pigeons greeted him. Minho didn’t see any purpose of replying to the pigeon, so he kept silent and continued to stare. “I’m Eli Kim. This is L Kim, my dongsaeng,” the friendly pigeon introduced themselves.

 

Minho raised an eyebrow. “Uh, did I ask?”

 

“Aren’t you going to save that chicken?” Eli asked, ignoring Minho’s cold response.

 

“I have work to do,” Minho answered. “The chicken will survive,”

 

“Ah, I see,” Eli nodded. He then turned to his dongsaeng. “He’s not going to save the chicken. Isn’t he a cold dog?” he spoke as if Minho was not standing in front them.

 

L nodded slightly before focusing his eyes that gave off no specific emotion on Minho. “Cold, cold dog,” he agreed. The two brothers then glanced at each other and exchanged a similar approving look.

 

Minho was about to lose his cool at the pigeons. How dare they speak badly of me, Seoul’s No 1 tracking dog? But before he could open his mouth to bark at them, the Kims flew off together. “Look, I saw someone throwing off a Red Bull can! Let’s go! Maybe I can have a sip,” he heard the older bird cried.

 

Watching the two pigeons flying away just as suddenly as they came, Minho sighed. Why are there so many weird animals in this world?

 

Minho stole another glance back to see the chicken’s progression, but to his surprise, the chicken was gone. He turned to the kids instead. They were now standing in front of a short youthful looking grandpa who was wearing a pink tee, baggy pants and a cap with the word ‘Seattle’ emblazoned on it. Despite his old age, he seemed like a street b-boy dancer.

 

“Yah, what was your motive of chasing the chicken? Did you know you were terrorizing the chicken?” the grandpa scolded the kids in an odd dialect with a tinge of American accent.

 

“Was that a chicken?” the girl with a slight Indian look asked. “We didn’t know. I thought it’s a duck.”

 

“Hayoung’s right! We didn’t know what animal that is so we wanted to look closer,” the Italian looking boy added.

 

“True! I thought it was a bird. We were just curious, you know?” said the other boy with the Arabian look. Out of the blue, he began to sing, “Oh, I’m curious, yeah~”

 

“You don’t chase after an animal! Of course it would run away,” the grandpa told them. “Wouldn’t you run away if I chase you?”

 

“But grandpa, I think you’re too old to run,”

 

Not wanting to watch them any longer, Minho turned away. He had seen enough weirdness that day. However, another sight captured his eyes. All of a sudden, he felt nervous. His heart skipped a beat before quickening its pace in a speed that would’ve beaten Usain Bolt’s world record in no time. He felt butterflies in his stomach, and his face reddened. Was that a blush?

 

He fixed his gaze at the blonde figure for minutes long, wishing that it would look his way. Even when Mansoo began to pull the collar around Minho’s neck, he didn’t budge an inch. His eyes were locked on that enchanting figure. “What a pretty Chihuahua,” he finally exhaled.

 

As if on cue, the Chihuahua turned to look at him, and their eyes met.

 

Minho was captivated.