When it all started.

True love stays

 

Hyun Young’s POV

“But baby, this is a good opportunity.” I said. He stayed silent. “The three of you should take it.” I continued. “Baby boo, we want to but the other two will be there.” he argued. “Well obviously. In case you forgot, you guys are in a group.” I stated. “We were.” He corrected me. I rolled my eyes.

“Why won’t you do it? What did they do to you?” I asked in frustration as I walk back and forth in front of my boyfriend who is sitting on the couch and his two friends sitting on the table. “Seriously baby, just do the damn thing!” I exclaimed. Seriously, this guy is making me go crazy.

I don’t understand why they won’t do it. What’s wrong this time? Seriously! Urgh! Am I the only one who cares about this situation? This thing has been going on for a while but I didn’t seem to know what the problem is. I can’t seem to figure out what’s wrong. They just won’t open up.

“But-” “No buts. It’s either you do it or you don’t.” I said, cutting him off. “Before you say anything, I’m sure that Cassiopieans will be very disappointed in you.” I added. “I’m sorry baby boo but I just can’t.” he said after a while. I sighed. There’s nothing can change his mind, huh?

“Then what’s the meaning of ‘W’ then?” I asked. “What’s the meaning of ‘Itsukaaerukara mewo tojiru tabi kimiwo omou you’re everything. Kimiga irukotoga imamo mada atarimae nandayo. Itsuka aerumade kimino ibashoha mamotteruyo. Kimito mouichido waraeruto shinjite irukara’ ?” I added.

“It means, ‘Our paths will cross again, I am thinking about you every time I close my eyes, you’re everything. It is still natural that you are by our side. We will keep your place here, until the day we can meet again. We believe that we can laugh together with you once again’.” He answered.

“Correct. Didn’t you think about the other two when you sang this song?” I asked. “Didn’t you think of them at all?” I added. “Didn’t you want to be with them again?” I continued. Demanding, aren’t I? Well, I have to be. These guys didn’t know what they’re doing.

The room is filled with silence. No one dares speak up. The two just look at the floor while my boyfriend here put his palms on his face. “Jae, when did the love go? When did the brotherly love go?” I questioned. He looked at me. His eyes are blank. “I give up.” I said after a while and sit beside him.

I’ve got nothing. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m blank myself. It’s just useless. Then I feel a hand holding mine. “Baby boo, I’m sorry.” He said. I know that he’s sincerely saying that but why? I don’t really get it. He didn’t have to say that. This guy really makes me wonder too much.

I just nod. I don’t really have anything to say right now. Nothing. Zero. “I’m gonna go home now.” I said after a few minutes and stand up. The two guys on the table stand up too and said goodbye. I walk out the door and Jae followed. The walk to my house is silent. This is new to me.

Usually, its fill with laughter and silly conversations. What’s playing in his head? Was I too hard on him earlier? What’s he thinking? We entered my house and I saw my dongsaeng sitting on the living room. “I’m home.” I said and he turns around. “Hey noona.” He said.

“And why are you here jerk?” he added with a question. I don’t know why but he seems to hate my boyfriend. “Hey! Watch your mouth. He’s my jerk!” I snapped at him and he shuts up. I went upstairs to my room and Jae is right behind me. He sits on my bed and I sat beside him.

“Now you’re giving me silent treatment?” I asked. “Huh?” he asked me back as he look at me. “What are you thinking about baby?” I questioned. “Nothing.” He replied and shifted his eyes to the floor. “Don’t lie. I’ve known you since like forever and I know that your nothing means something.” I stated.

“I was just thinking about what you said.” He finally said. “I’ve said many things earlier. Which one?” I asked. “Everything.” He replied. “I was … Uhm…” he tried to continue but can’t seem to find the right words. “Okay, okay. Don’t hurt yourself.” I said. He’s not really good at explaining things.

“I’m sorry.” I added. He seems to be surprise when I said that. “Why?” he asked. “I’m sorry that I let my anger out on you earlier. I didn’t mean to. It’s just… You know, I can’t accept this. At least not yet.” I answered. “It’s alright baby boo.” He said and hugs me by the shoulder.

He’s sweet and I love him. Even when my dongsaeng says he’s a jerk I love him. I don’t care what my dongsaeng says. Jae’s my jerk. He’s belongs to me and only me. Same goes with me. I belong to him and him alone. “I love you baby boo.” He said. “I love you too baby.” I said back. “Keep that in mind.” I added.

He left after a while and I went to bed. I sighed. I don’t know what to do with that guy. Sometimes he’s like this and sometimes he’s like that. I can’t really figure out what he’s thinking at times. But he can be read like a book at other times. He’s so complicated.

That’s what people will think when they first met him but I’ve met this guy countless times and I can understand him as time goes by. His past is not that perfect. He’s adopted by the Kim family all his life until he became a star. One day, a guy with the surname Han claims a lawsuit against Mr. and Mrs. Kim.

Mr. Han claimed that he is Jae’s biological father and thus wanted parental rights. Han cited the reason for the lawsuit against Hero's legal guardians as "for not going through the proper procedures before registering Jae in the legal guardians’ custody. He divorced Hero's biological mother in late 1980s.

He gave up his custody over Jae, leaving Jae under Mrs. Han's custody. However, he had found out some years ago Jae had been raised by a third party, not his biological mother. A DNA test was to be performed in order to prove validity of Han's claim. Many legal consultants comment that the adoption had taken place correctly.

So, no legal change will be involved regardless of the outcome. But, a few days before the first hearing, Mr. Han drop all charges against Jae’s current parents. Then Mr. Han said something about his intension to resolve Jae’s military duty or something like that and another thing about wanting to take advantage of Jae’s fame.

In the end, Jae decided to live by the name Kim Jae Joong. He’s still keeping in touch with Mrs. Han though. With the help of Mrs. Kim. Although Mr. Han’s whereabouts had been unknown. Well, he was obviously shocked when Mrs. Kim told him on either 2003 or 2004. I was there when that happens.

And believe me, he was a mess for a week. He won’t talk, he won’t eat and he won’t even get out of his room. All he did is lie on his bed and cover himself under the blanket. But that’s all in the past. He’s alright now. I whispered a goodnight to myself and drift off to dreamland hoping to see Jaejoong there.

~ In your high honor. All over my skin does art splatter ~

My phone rang in the middle of the night. I reach for it and click the answer button. “Hello?” I said. “Hyun Young-ah, Yoochun here.” Yoochun oppa said on the other line. “Yes? Why are you calling me at this hour?” I asked. “Is Jae with you?” he asked me back. “No.” I replied. “Why?” I added.

“He’s not back yet.” He replied. “What?!” I asked, half yelling as my eyes shot open and I sit up on my bed. “Jae’s not home yet. He hasn’t come home after he went to your house.” Yoochun oppa stated. Haish! Where did he go? “Did you search for him in the club or anywhere?” I asked.

“We did. We searched every single club but he’s not there.” Yoochun oppa replied. “Can you help us?” he added. “Sure. I’ll be out of the house in a few minutes.” I answered and hung up. Jae, where are you baby? I get off of bed, change my clothes and ran out of the house quietly.

Half way out of my street, I found Yoochun oppa and Junsu oppa. “Did you find him yet?” I asked. They shook their head. I sighed in frustration. Where could he be? “Okay. Let’s just spread out and search everywhere.” I instructed and they nodded. We start to go to different direction.

This guy is just… Haish! “Jae!” I screamed. “Where are you?!” I added. People are starting to look at me. I know its way past midnight. They might think I’m crazy or something. “Jae!” I screamed again. I’ve been running for hours now but still no sign of him.

“Jae where are you?” I said as I stop and pant for air. Come on baby. Where are you? I tried to call him several times but no answer. He switched off his phone. Where are you? Then my phone rang. “Hello.” I said as I answered, hoping it was Jae. “Did you find him yet?” Junsu oppa asked.

“No. did you?” I asked back. “Not yet.” He answered. I hung up and walk around the city. Then I realize something. “Of course!” I exclaimed. “He must be there.” I added. I started running and minutes later, I arrive at my destination. He must be in here. He has to be.

I open the door and enter. It’s dark. The only light source I have is the moon. It’s not that bright but at least I can see my way through. I walk through the green house hoping that I can find him soon. But, I still don’t see him anywhere. As I walk further, I saw something. Something under the tree.

I walk closer and that something is someone. With the help of the moon, I figured out whom that someone is. “JAE!” I screamed and run to him, kneeling in front of him. He’s sleeping. “Jae.” I slowly shook his body. He slowly opens his eyes and looks at me.

Under the moonlight, I can see that he was crying. His eyes are puffy and red. “Oh Jae.” I said and hug him. “Don’t you ever do this again.” I added. He hugged me back. “You had me worried sick, you know that?” I asked. “I know.” He said. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. I’m sorry.” He added.

Then my phone rang. I look at the caller ID. It’s Yoochun oppa. “Oppa I’ve found him!” I exclaimed as I answered. “Really? Where are you now?” he asked. “We’re at the green house.” I answered. “Arasso. Junsu and I will be there soon.” He said and hung up. “What were you doing here?” I asked Jae.

“I just want to let things off of my mind. I want to let it all out. I don’t know where else to go other than here.” He answered. “You could have brought me along. Or tell me where you’re going.” I said. “Look at me.” I added. He lifted his head and his puffy red eyes captured mine.

“Aigoo~ look at your eyes. It’s puffy and red.” I said. “It’s not that I was crying.” He said and looks away. Haish! This guy is still thinking of pride at a time like this? “Yeah right.” I said sarcastically. “Really. I wasn’t.” he said, still defending himself. “Too bad.” I stated. “Why?” he asked.

“I thought you were crying. So, I was thinking of giving you something. But, since you said you’re not…” my words trailed off and I held back a smile. “Well, I did cry.” He said at last. “But, just now you said you weren’t.” I stated. “I did. I cried a lot earlier.” He argued.

I can’t hold my laugh any longer so I let it out. It’s just funny on how he’s trying to assure me that he’s crying so I can give him that ‘something’. He tilted his head and look at me with a questioning gaze. “You’re being sarcastic, aren’t you?” he asked after a while and turn away. Sulking I guess.

“Aww~ baby, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to.” I said as I put my hand on his arm. He kept quiet. “Come on baby. I’ll give you something.” I added. He turns to me. His eyes are shining with anticipation. As if he knows what that ‘something’ is, he leaned forward. His lips captured mine and I hug his neck.

I pushed him lightly and he falls to the ground. He put both of his arms on my waist, hugging it securely. “We’re he-” I heard Yoochun oppa say but cut got cut off when he sees us. We let go of each other and get up. I can feel my face turning different shades of red and I can see that Jae is blushing too.

“Sorry.” Junsu oppa said and cleared his throat. With the help of the moonlight, I saw Yoochun oppa and Junsu oppa’s red face. “That’s… Okay.” I said. Jae just stays silent but he seems annoyed. “We’ll go first.” Jae informed as he grab my hand and drag me out of the green house.

He brings me to his house and into his room. I yawned as I sit down on his bed. “Aww~ my baby boo is tired. I’m sorry.” He said. “That’s okay baby.” I stated. “You sleep first. I’m gonna shower.” He said. I nodded and lie down. He kissed me on my forehead and covers my body with his blanket.

JaeJoong’s POV

A month has passed and from what I heard, Yunho and Changmin are practicing for their comeback on January. The comeback is the ‘great opportunity’ Hyunyoung talked about last time. It is a great opportunity but… I don’t know. “Hey baby, what are you thinking about?” Hyunyoung asked. I came back to reality. “Nothing.” I said. She sits beside me on the couch and hugs my arm.

“Baby, let’s go out.” She said. “Why?” I asked. I didn’t feel like going out. I just want to stay here with her and do stuffs. “Come on baby. Let’s take a walk. Get some sunlight and fresh air.” She replied. I look at her and she look back at me with her pleading eyes. She looks so cute right now. How can I refuse this look?

In the end, I nod and she jumps off the couch as she pulled me up. We wear our jackets, scarves, gloves and shoes then exit the house. I locked the door and we walked out the gate. “Isn’t this great?” she asked after she inhaled and exhaled some fresh air. “Yeah.” I replied. She seems to be in a great mood today. Why wasn’t I?

She noticed that I wasn’t responding to what she was saying, so she stopped in front of me. “Baby what’s wrong?” she asked. Should I tell her what’s in my mind? Unsure of what to answer, I kept quiet and look at her. “Tell me what’s wrong baby.” She said. I debated with myself for a while and decided to tell her what’s in my mind.

“I was just thinking what if one day, you decided to leave me and I can’t get you back. What would I do? Will I be able to move on? Will I be able to stay strong? Will I be able to-” she cut me off and say, “Shh. Don’t say more. That will never happen baby. I will never leave you. You hear me? Never.”

I hugged her. I try to convince myself that she will never leave me. But there’s something inside me says that she will. Something inside me says she’ll leave me for someone. I try to shut that thing off but it keep repeating itself. Why am I thinking all these things? Have I gone nuts?

“Come on. Let’s continue the walk.” She said and entwine her hand with mine. We walked to an ice-cream shop and decided to stop by and eat ice-cream. We sat on one of the tables and ordered our ice-creams. I put my worries on the far end of my head and we talked about random things.

Then she got a call. It’s from her dongsaeng. She excused herself to answer it and leave the table. While she was answering the call, I ate my ice-cream. “Baby.” She said as she sit back down. “Hmm?” I asked. “I don’t think I can go back to your house after this.” She replied. “Why?” I asked again.

“Dad got a business trip today and I need to come home early to cook and stuffs.” She answered. I nod and we finished our ice-cream. I paid and we parted ways after I gave her a quick peck on the lips. “Be careful.” She said. “You too baby boo. I love you.” I stated. “Love you more.” She said.

I entered my house and flopped down on the living room couch as I surfed through the channels on TV. Nothing seems fun and I’m bored to the max. Not long after that, Yoochun and Junsu arrived. “Hey man.” Junsu said as he sat on the sofa next to mine and Yoochun sat beside him. “Hey.” I said back.

“Don’t forget we got stuffs to do tomorrow.” Yoochun reminded. “Yeah, yeah. I won’t.” I said, annoyed. He’s been repeating that sentence for a whole week now. Junsu suggested for us to go to the club and after a minute of thinking, Yoochun and I agree to go. Night come and we get ready for our trip to the club.

We hopped in Yoochun’s car and he drives our club. Well it’s not really ours. We just go there often. It’s like we rule that place. After a few minutes, we arrive and Yoochun park his car in front of the building. We hopped off the car and enter the club. The bodyguard already recognize us so we don’t have to give them our ID card.

Loud, booming music entered our ears as we walk to the V.I.P section and ordered some wine. After a few glass of wine, we decided to go to the dance floor. There’re not really much space on the dance floor. All we can do is just move our way to the center and dance. Our body grinding with other people’s body.

I can’t think straight anymore. The alcohol has already taken over my whole body. As I dance, I grabbed some girl and put my hands on her waist. She doesn’t object and put her hands on my neck instead. We dance like crazy on the dance floor and we did something that I really regret. We kissed, on the lips.

At first it was just a quick kiss but as time goes by, the kiss become rougher and tongue action is involved. Oh crap! If Hyunyoung knows about this, I’ll die for sure. I tried to push her off but the alcohol is weakening me. I started to like the kiss. I kissed her back. Pulling her closer.

Her hands tightened on my neck and my hands are travelling everywhere on her body. ‘Yah Jaejoong! This is wrong!’ I mentally scolded myself. But my sanity is being blocked at the moment. All I want to do now is leave this club with her. I break the kiss and pulled her out of the dance floor and exit the club.

I bring her to my house and into my room. I throw her on my bed and climb on top of her. We resume the kiss and she ed my shirt in the process. After that, I don’t remember a thing. I woke up the next day with a major hang over. I looked to my right and there she is. The girl from last night.

Uh-oh. Did we do that  last night? She woke up and look at me. I don’t know what to say, I wanted to ask if we did that  but nothing came out of my mouth. “You better go.” I said. She opened to say something but I cut her off and shout, “GO! NOW!” I closed my eyes.

I don’t want to look at her. I’m afraid that she’ll be . If she is, that means we did it last night. After I heard my bedroom door being open and closed, I open my eyes. What did she and I do last night? Why can’t I remember? Argh! I shouldn’t have drunk too much last night. Come on Jae, think. You have to remember.

Yoochun! I bet he knows what happened. I searched for my phone then I saw it on the floor and took it. I dialed Yoochun’s number and wait for him to answer. “Hello.” He said on the other line. “Yoochun! What happened last night?” I asked. “To who? Me and Junsu or you?” he asked me back. “Me.” I replied.

“Well, I saw you making out with a girl and both of you left the club.” He said. “What happen after that?” I asked. “Uhh… not sure. Junsu and I stayed.” He replied. “Damn it!” I yelled. “Why are you asking me all this? Shouldn’t you know what happen?” he questioned

 “I would remember what happen if I don’t have this major hang over.” I replied. “Why don’t you ask the chic?” he asked. “I throw her out.” I replied. “Why?” he asked again. “I don’t know. I panicked.” I answered. “Is the wearing anything when she leaves?” he questioned. “I don’t know. I closed my eyes.” I replied.

“Why would you do that?” he questioned again. “I don’t want to see her. What if she didn’t wear anything? What if she and I did it? Hyunyoung will kill me if she finds out.” I answered. “Well, you should’ve thought about that before you make out with that chic.” Yoochun said. “I was drunk.” I stated.

“We’ll think about that later, now, get ready. We have work to do.” He instructed. “Arasso.” I said and hung up. I get off of bed and took my towel in my wardrobe. Before I enter the bathroom, I look at the mirror. My hair’s a mess and I had my boxer on. If I had it on, that means we didn’t do it last night.

Well, there’s a possibility we didn’t. I shrugged and enter my bathroom. I turn the shower tap–both hot and cold–and open my boxer. I entered the shower. The warm water hitting me all over. From my head to my toes and everything in between. A few minutes later, I exit my bathroom and go to my wardrobe.

I took out my outfit and my boxer and wear them. I dried my hair and style it then leave the house. I entered my car and drive to Yoochun’s house. “Yoochun! Ready to go?!” I shouted as I entered his house. “In a sec!” he shouted back from upstairs. I sit on the living room couch and look at my phone.

That’s weird. Hyunyoung hasn’t called or texted me. She usually did. Is she busy? I decided to call her. I waited and waited but, no answer. Is she still sleeping? Did she left her phone? I called again and again, but still no answer. I felt that something is wrong. But what?

Half of my mind says something happen to her, but the other half said she’s fine. I was about to call her again but Yoochun tapped my shoulder. “Let’s go.” He said. “We need to pick Junsu up.” He added. I nodded and we exit his house. We hopped into my car nod I drive to Junsu’s house.

When we reach there, Junsu is already outside waiting for us. He hopped into my car and I drive to the place that Yoochun told me. A while later, we arrive and I parked my car. We exit the car and enter the building. We said hello to the employees and enter the elevator. Yoochun punched in the floor number and we wait.

Hyun Young’s POV

I opened my eyes slowly and I saw a bright light. “Hyung, she’s waking up.” I heard a voice said. Where am I? I saw two guys looking at me and I can see relief in their eyes. Who are they? Why are they here? I looked around and realize that I’m in a hospital room. Why am I here?

I tried to sit up but my head hurts. “Hey, don’t get up. You’re not that well yet.” The guy with spiky hair said. “Who are you guys?” I asked. They look stunned by my question. “Hahaha. You’re funny Hyunyoung. Pretending not to know us.” The guy beside the spiky hair guy laughed.

“Seriously. Who are you? And who is Hyunyoung?” I asked again. He stopped laughing and looked at the spiky haired guy. “Call the doctor Changmin-ah.” The spiky haired guy said and this Changmin guy nodded and left. A while later, the doctor and two nurses entered with Changmin behind them.

The doctor checked my pulse and other part of my body that requires checking. “Yunho-sshi, can I talk to you outside.” The doctor said to the spiky haired guy. Yunho nodded and was about to leave when I grab his arm. “Don’t go out. I want to hear what the doctor has to say.” I said.

The doctor look at Yunho and Yunho nodded. “Miss Min here has amnesia.” The doctor said and paused. “She must have hit her head hard during the accident the other day in which cause a certain area in her brain to bleed and therefore also causing the amnesia.” He continued.

If I have amnesia, then I must have known Yunho and Changmin for a long time now. “Thank you doctor.” Yunho said and the doctor and the nurses leave the room. “Can I know who I am?” I asked Yunho. He took a chair and sit near my bed. He stayed silent for a while. Maybe wondering which part to tell me first.

“Okay.” He said after a while. “Your name is Min Hyun Young. You birth date is 25.12.88. You have a dongsaeng and an appa. Your eomma died when you’re 8 years old due to a heart disease.” He added. “That’s enough.” I said. I don’t want to know more at the moment.

Three days later, I was allowed to leave the hospital. “Yunho-sshi, can you not send me home?” I asked. “Huh? Why?” he asked me back. I don’t want my dongsaeng and appa know about what happened. I’ll go back when I fully regain my memories.” I replied. He kept quiet for a while then nod.

“You stay at my place then.” He said. I nodded and thanked him. “And, can you tell my family that I’m in the States all this while?” I questioned. “Sure.” He replied. He and Changmin bring me to their house. I sat on the couch while Yunho took out his phone and call someone.

“Hello? Sir? I just want to tell you that Hyunyoung is in the States. Sorry about the late news sir. Yes, she’s been in the States for a week now. No, she didn’t run away. She told me that her friend in the States need some help and Hyunyoung decided to go there. Yes. Thank you sir.” He said then hung up.

“Done.” He stated as he look at me. “Now, we need to change your name.” he added. I tilted my head. “Why?” I asked. “Since Hyunyoung is currently in the States right now, you can’t go out shopping or anything using that name.” he replied. “Oh, okay.” I said. “Let’s see, what should we call you? Hmm~” he wonder as he walk back and forth on the living room carpet.

“We’ll call you Jung Neul Seung. Is that okay?” he asked. I nodded and smiled. “Why is her first name Jung?” Changmin asked. “Because from now on, she’s my sister.” Yunho answered. Changmin rolled his eyes and go to the kitchen. “Changmin loves to eat. He eats whatever food we have in the kitchen.” Yunho said.

“If we went to a restaurant, we have to sit on a big table. You know why?” he added with a question. I shook my head. “Because if Changmin order food, the whole table will be packed.” He answered and I laughed. He laughs along and sits beside me. “I can hear you hyung!” Changmin yelled from the kitchen.

“Changmin-ah!” Yunho yelled back. “What?!” he asked. “Let Neul Seung sleep in your room!” Yunho replied. “Arasso.” Changmin said as he sits with us on the couch. “Ah, that’s okay. I’ll sleep on the couch.” I said. “No.” both of them said at once. “I mean, you’re a girl. It’s better for you to sleep in a room.” Changmin said.

“Where are you gonna sleep Changmin-sshi?” I asked. “Please, just call me Changmin.” He said. “I’m gonna sleep in Yunho hyung’s room.” He added. “Yes. He’ll sleep with me. Well, he sleeps on the floor.” Yunho stated. “Yes.” Agreed Changmin. “Well, if you put it that way, I’ll sleep in Changmin’s room then.” I said.

We talked for a while and when it’s already late, we said goodnight and entered the room. As I entered Changmin’s room, I looked around. What a clean room he has. His bed is made up, his floor is clean and there’s no sign of boxers and clothes anywhere. His room is spotless. He’s such a neat freak.

Speaking of neat freak, I feel like I know someone who is as neat as Changmin. But, I don’t remember who. I tried to but I can’t. Nevermind. I’ll ask Yunho tomorrow. I switched off the light and lie on Changmin’s bed, burying myself under the blanket and sleep. I don’t know why but I woke up in a house.

A huge house. It’s dark and cold. I decided to find my way out. I climb up the stairs and on top of it, I saw an open door. I walk to it and enter. The room is brighten by a night lamp. It feels warm inside. I feel like I know this place. This room. I’ve been here various times before. That bed. I’ve been on it. Countless times.

But why? Why can’t I remember? “Hey there.” a man’s voice startled me. I turn around and in front of me is this beautiful man. He’s perfect. His face, his body, his legs. Perfect. No flaws at all. “Baby boo? You okay?” he asked. Baby boo? Why did he call me that? Am I related to him or something?

“Hey.” He said as he walks closer to me. I don’t know why but I hugged him. He hugged back of course. This moment feel so right. He broke the hug and pulls me to a kiss instead. I was shocked at first but I kiss him back. What we’re doing right now feels so right too. The kiss, the touching. These actions feel so damn right.

 Then, I wake up. For real this time. I look around and I’m in Changmin’s room. What was that? That dream. Who’s that guy? Why is he calling me baby boo? Did we have a relationship? But, Yunho oppa would’ve told me if I have a boyfriend, wouldn’t he?