Female Hoya...? And First Win on Inkigayo!

The Female Hoya
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news of Hoya and LeenA was really a shock to the fans. This was beyond unexpected, but nonetheless, true fans supported you two. A few weeks have gone by and the both of you didn’t know the meaning of what a good-night’s sleep was anymore. Today, the only schedule you and Howon had was an interview with Pops in Seoul and a performance on Inkigayo. Hopefully you guys would get your first win.

“Hello, everyone! Welcome to Pops in Seoul! I am your host, Kim Miyoung!” She said. “We have two guests here today. You may know them or not, but please welcome them anyway! Hoya and LeenA, the new dance duo Woollim has debuted.”

You and Hoya came out from the side, bowed, and sat down on the two chairs provided.

“Because the both of you are still new, the viewers requested a Q&A with you, is that ok?”

“It’s fine,” Hoya replied.

“How do you feel being a singer, dancer, and rapper?” She asked.

“Since we love what we do, we have lots of fun,” Hoya answered, you nodded in agreement.

“Yes, it doesn’t seem like work at all.” You added.

“Is it still awkward between the both of you?” She asked.

“Not really,” Hoya said. “We got to know each other a few months back and we have a lot in common,”

She nodded, while looking at her cue cards.

“About the topic of having things in common, it seems as the fans have noticed one thing. There are many times where a fan would say that LeenA-ssi was the ‘Female Hoya.’ We were confused at why, but we realized that LeenA-ssi is really like the female version of Hoya.” She said.

“Oh, chincha?” You asked, surprised. “I didn’t know.”

“Yes, they’ve nicknamed you ‘Female Hoya’ now.”

“You should feel honored, being called the female version of me.” He joked.

“Tch,” You rolled your eyes. “You should be the male version of me.”

Oh boy, if you knew how many times those words ‘Female Hoya’ would occur in a short period of time. It didn’t bother you now, in fact, it was interesting how people came up with the comparison. It won’t be guaranteed that it won’t bother you in the future.

Miyoung laughed. “You two are so adorable! It says that the two of you dislike aegyo?”

“It’s not like we dislike it,” You said, “It’s that we dislike showing it. I’m anything but cute.”

Hoya agreed. “Yes, I don’t like doing aegyo either. It just doesn’t feel right.”

“How about for the fans?” She asked. “They all wish that you both would show some sort of aegyo.”

You and Hoya reluctantly looked at each other.

“For the fans.” You said.

She clapped. “Assa!” She looked at the camera while jokingly saying, “You all know my social network accounts, so remember to come and thank me for this everyone!”

“You first,” You quickly said.

“What? Me? Why don’t you go first?” He asked.

“Because, you’re older.” You replied.

“…fine. Even though age has nothing to do with it, I’ll go first. You so owe me.” He miserably said.

He looked in the direction of the camera. He began to do the bunny aegyo. (NamGrease’s bunny aegyo) He finished and hung his head low in embarrassment.

“WOAH! SUPER CUTE!” Miyoung beamed.

You looked at the camera. You paused and sighed. “Aing~” You cutely blinked and put your fists on both side of your face. (like Seungho’s aing aegyo)

“OMO! I’m sure all of the fans fainted because of all this aegyo!” She stated.

You and Hoya looked in the opposite direction. You fanned yourself.

“I’m really embarrassed.” You said, laughing at yourself.

Hoya chuckled at you. Miyoung looked at her cards again.

“Were there any complications before the both of your debut? Was someone unhappy?”

You glanced at Hoya and he took a deep breath before answering. “Honestly speaking,” He paused. “yes. There were some complications.”

“Really? Is it ok to tell the viewers?”

Hoya looked at you for permission.

“It’s ok,” You answered.

“Well, originally, I wasn’t supposed to debut with ~~ -- LeenA-ssi,” He said. “There was someone else, but when JungYeop-ssi told me that I was to debut with LeenA-ssi, I didn’t like the idea. I was already training with my to-be group member for a year and the sudden ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter