a piece of me

everyday i fool the world

She never let go of my hand as I led her towards my house. We talked, laughed and even teased each other while walking.

"Uhm Yuri, what were you doing in the lake?" I asked as I scratched the back of my neck with my free hand.

Her smile faded a little, I can tell, but she managed to put on a new one, but not as bright as the first.

"Hmmm, I went jogging. I usually exercise early in the morning and I kinda woke up too early. So, I went out." She replied and swayed our hands.

I didn't bother to probe deeper. It seems like she's having another reason aside from jogging.

"What about you? Why were you kayaking that early? Were you looking for it?" She gave me a teasing smile.

"Looking for what?" I got confused.

"Uhm, the moon." Then she laughed heartily. I laughed a little as well as I can feel the hint of warm creeping to my cheeks.

"Well, like you, I woke up early as well. I went out to jog but when I arrived at the lake, I realized I want to ride my kayak too."

"You looked so cool back there." She smiled as she looked at me.

"Huh?" I raised one of my brows.

"I saw you in the lake. You were so graceful while paddling, and your kayak went off so fast. Do you do water sports?" She asked. I blushed from the compliments.

"Uh, yeah. I join and practice when I have time and I don't have school works to finish. My friends and I often go diving and swimming in some resorts." I replied.

"That's great! I love swimming but I don't really join competitions. It's more of a leisure activity for me."

Then, we arrived at the field of flowers. I looked at her face to observe her reaction.

Will she remember?

I unconciously held on the necklace dangling beneath my shirt.

Her eyes went wide with awe and I can feel her hand tighten its grip on mine. She was smiling a lot and she absolutely look pretty.

"Wow." I heard her mutter.

I decided to lead her into the house. I guess she doesn't remember.

"We're here." I smiled as I opened the front door.

I placed my keys on the fish bowl and lead her to the living room. She started to look at the paintings, the map and some figurines on display.

"Uhm, Yuri. I guess I'll be cooking for you today. Is it okay?" I called out to her.

"Yes." She replied while checking on a little marble chess piece.

"Uhm, would you like to freshen up? I can lend you some clothes." I offered since I noticed that she's wet with sweat too.

She smiled at me and nodded. I showed her into a guestroom and placed some clothes on the bed. I told her I will be preparing our breakfast downstairs.

I went to my room and took a quick shower. I changed into comfortable clothes too. Some short shorts, white loose shirt and some slippers.

I went down and started looking at the refrigerator. I don't know what to cook for her. I thought for a while but came up with nothing. It's better if I'll just ask her.

I went to her room and walked towards the door. I went in since its not locked at all, I heard the shower running. 

I spoke loudly.

"Yuri, what would you like to eat?" I asked near the bathroom door.

"Anything really. Thank you." She replied. I sighed. 

That doesn't help.

I went downstairs and started cooking fried eggs, bacon, some pancakes and some juice.

While I was frying the eggs, I heard her come down and I felt someone watching me. I suddenly felt a little nervous.

She came up behind me and placed her head on top of my right shoulder.

"Uhm, that smells good." She said. I looked at her and smiled.

She started to get the plates of bacon and pancakes into the dining table as I finished the eggs.

I smiled as I saw her setting the table.

Wow. It feels like we're living together!

I mentally smacked my forehead for having these thoughts again.

I placed the eggs on a plate and carried it towards the table together with the juice.

I placed them on the table as I saw Yuri look up at me, smiling like a child.

I removed my apron and placed it back to the kitchen.

"Wow. Thank you Yoona. I get to taste your cooking!" She excitedly said.

I sat down beside her and smiled. I swear I can't help but blush seeing her so close. I wanted to sit opposite of her but she placed my plate beside hers.

"Well, it's really nothing. I hope you'll enjoy the food." I smiled and placed some of the foods to her plate.

"Of course I'll like it. You cooked it and now, you're serving it to me.keke." She smiled sweetly, I just smiled back.

I served her juice too and we ate loudly. Since we talked a lot, almost anything, just getting to know each other more.

"Wouldn't they be looking for you now?" I worried for her friends.

"They're probably still asleep. They were up late last night." She said as she ate a piece of the pancake.

"Why?" I got curious. She blushed a little.

"Uhm, they were waiting for me to get home from our date." She looked at her plate intensely while chewing her food.

I smiled.

"I'm sorry for them, I should apologize." I stated.

"No, it's okay. They were having fun watching movie so I guess it's no big deal for them." She smiled at me.

When we finished eating, she volunteered to wash the dishes since she said I was the one who cooked.

We were talking as she was washing the plates, I was facing her back.

She looks good with the shorts, shirt and slippers I gave her. She probably looks good in anything. I concluded.

When she finished, I told her to call her house to tell them she's with me.

She dialled her house with our telephone.

"Haha. You were right! They were looking for me. They thought I got kidnapped or something." She laughed as the plopped herself beside me on the couch.

The whole morning, we spent it lying on the couch, talking, watching TV or just singing along to the songs.

It felt great having someone this close. We were lying on the couch together. I guess we really have big couches.

She was playing with my hair with her fingers and I was about to drift off to sleep when she spoke.

"Yoona, do you like to dance?" She shifted and faced me. I carefully opened my eyes and looked at her.

"Well, I'm not really that good." I shyly admitted.

She stood up from the couch and pulled me with her. I stood up confused with her actions.

She dimmed the lights into a pale yellow and put on slow music. She turned off the TV.

She faced me and placed my hands on her waist as she placed hers on my shoulders.

"Uhm, I really would like to dance with you. I hope you don't mind." She said as she looked down. I blushed with our position, its great that the lighting's low.

As I heard the sweet melody, I recognized the song.

"Do you."

She looked at me in the eye. I smiled.

"Uhm, it's Do You by Yiruma." I smiled and started to move us slowly into the rhythm.

She smiled and rested her head on my shoulder. It's a good thing, we're on the same height.

I hugged her gently and rested my head on hers. We swayed slowly into the music. I felt her deepen her embrace, keeping us so close with no space left in between.

I just let myself go on and hug her tighter too. I hoped she won't notice the fast beating of my heart. Her breath tickles my neck as she laid there. We stayed in our position until the song was finished.

She lifted her head from my shoulders and leaned her forehead into mine. She had her eyes closed, I looked at her.

"I thought you're not good at this." She whispered and smiled a little.

"Uhm, I'm not." I whispered back.

"But you are good." She insisted. I just chuckled lightly.

She laid her head back into my shoulders and we resumed the intimate position.

I smiled a sad smile.

I'm sorry I can't give my all for you Yuri. But I assure you, you will always have a big piece of my heart.