A Fresh New Start?

My Antique Doll Shop

Today is the first day of a new semester.

Actually, you are officially starting the 10th grade in high school.

A fresh new start? No, more like hide and disappear into thin air. You were dreading for this day to come. You would have to find a new hiding spot, a new seat, and hopefully in the back where no one would notice you.

You do not like attention. Not one bit.

You hid yourself well and spent all of your time alone at school. Silent and discreetly, on your breaks, you would head off to a quiet place to eat or study.

You arrived early and sat yourself in the back corner near the windows. You stared at the beautiful scenery through the glass window. Too bad it was a cold and cloudy day.

You wonder if it'll rain or not. Hopefully not.

The bell rang. Students slowly filed in to the class. Rich, loud, obnoxious, snotty, arrogant-, must there be a need to continue?

You have been placed into a highly prestigious school for the smart and rich. All because of the test scores you scored. Yep.

And with that class started.

~~~~~

He finished knuckle bumping his friend, slid into his seat and turned his attention to the teacher.

A few moments later, he turned around to check who sat behind him. A girl with thick rimmed glasses, her hair was done into two neat braids.

She was fully absorbed into the class textbook. He then shifted back around, took the textbook, flipped it open to the page where the class was, and prepared to sleep through the period.

~~~~~

You finished the class work and the homework for the week.

You slid your pen into your small pencil case, zipping it, you neatly put your papers into your binder, and stuffed everything into your backpack.

You looked up to find the student in front of you, dozing off on the school textbook.

You rolled your eyes. As expected, the rich may not be always smart. Of course you were taught never to judge a book by its cover.

The teacher looked up and called out the sleeping boy's full name.

"Lee Byunghun." The sleeping boy did not stir. You watched in amusement.

The teacher repeated with a stronger, firmer voice, "Lee Byunghun! We do not sleep in my class. LEE BYUNGHUN!" she shouted.

He still did not stir. You were startled from the sudden tone the teacher had presented. The boy who sat next to you shook him, "Hyung, wake up, duty calls," he joked.

The sleeping boy awoke, turned his attention to him, alert, "What is it Chunji? What is this duty you speak of?" You were guessing he was being sarcastic

The boy who was named Chunji pointed to the teacher who was fuming with annoyance. The sleeping boy apologized and started on his work or pretended to start.

Who knows? Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. It was none of your business.

You pulled out another textbook from a different class and started to work.

In moments, you finished all the work for your classes. All you needed to do was study and attend to the future projects that were to be assigned.

You yawned and stretched silently in your seat. The bell rang for lunch. Time to be put to use. You unconsciously patted yourself on the back and headed out for lunch.

You found a nice quiet shady spot under a tree, the sun had come out as you had hoped. You sat quietly, and ate your lunch.

The birds chirped, the students chattering could be heard in distance, it was peaceful for a moment. Until the bell rang. You headed back to class. You had nothing to do, so you sat there, and twirled your pencil.

People around you were chatting about, sharing answers, and gossiping.

An idea came to mind and you started to outline on a blank piece of paper you had pulled out earlier. You were diligently sketching out a beautiful sunset.

Until you hear a familiar voice comment, "Wow, I didn't know you could draw like that."

You looked up. It was Lee Byunghun, he had turned around, his head propped on his arm, and was watching you draw. You gave him a light silent sadistic smile and returned to sketching. You continued to sketch, deepening the outline of the sun, the cliff, and the ocean.

"So which school did you come from?", he asked. You stayed silent and ignored his question.

"You don't talk much do you?" He asked again. "Actually you don't talk at all do you? You aren't mute are you?" He tilted his head in closer, trying to observe your facial expression. Another voice called out, "L.Joe-hyung, you shouldn't lean in so close to her."

At the corner of your eye, you noticed it was the boy named Chunji.

Byunghun seemed to respond to the nickname and asked, "Why? Why should I? Do you like her?", he joked. Chunji replied, "No hyung, but personal space, remember the last time you got close to a girls' face like that?"

L.Joe's face started to turn red as if he were replaying that scene in his head.

He backed away flustered, stuttering, "Th- Tha- That was by accident. How would I know that she was going to sneeze." Chunji smirked and added, "She also gave you a bloody nose by slamming her forehead into your nose."

You couldn't help yourself but to let out a slight laugh as you continued to color in the shaded areas of your sketch.

L. Joe was flustered as he pouted, "Yah! Chunji -ah, why are you going around telling people that?" He socked Chunji in the arm.

You watched apologetically as Chunji winced rubbing his arm.

Why were being so open and nice to you? Why? You asked yourself. Is this what it's like to have friends? No. We just met we are not friends. Yes, we are classmates, but why are they so friendly? They didn't even know your name.

The teacher walked in. Everyone returned to their seats as she started to lecture.

You remained quiet for the period. And when the bell rang, you slipped out quietly, and quickly headed home. To your Antique Doll Shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the long wait... and THANK YOU ALL FOR SUBSCRIBING ^^ Rin and Cup of Love(cuppieeee)

Thank you ^^ <3 THANK YOU FOR READING AND THANK YOU FOR GIVING THIS STORY A CHANCE ^.^er