Fly So High

Fly So High

“Stop it. It’s me. The one who put thumbtacks in Sungmin’s shoes…is me”

After Kibum uttered those words Shindong was so astounded that his fist was shaking.

(FLASHBACK)

Kibum and Siwon were about to go to the School Theater.

“You think Kyuhyun will win?”,Siwon asked Kibum.

“Of course…He won’t do a thing that will lead to his own humiliation”, Kibum answered confidently.

“You’re right”

“Yah…do you want to make things interesting?”, Kibum grinned.

“What do you mean?”

“Follow me…”

Kibum and Siwon entered Sungmin’s dressing room.

“Yah…what are you doing?”,inquired Siwon.

“Putting thumbtacks…don’t worry, these won’t cause much harm”

“Yah…if someone sees us…”

“Sshhh…just a minute, and we’re done”

WHILE in the School Theater, Kyuhyun was looking at the audience. He was wondering why Kibum and Siwon hasn’t arrived yet.

“Aiissstt… those guys…I’ve clearly told them that I will be performing first”

Just when Kyuhyun was about to start singing, Kibum and Siwon have just entered the School Theater.

Shindong was holding his tears from falling. The sleepless nights Sungmin spent for the competition echoed continuously in his mind. All of these efforts were now put to waste.

“Waeyo? Are you disappointed that Kyuhun didn’t do it?”, Kibum calmly said.

“Why did you do it? Aren’t you confident that Kyuhyun will win?”, Shindong asked Kibum.

“Let’s just say…I wanted to make things interesting”

“What is interesting in making someone else’s foot hurt!?”

“What now?... Are you planning on reporting me? SHIN DONG HEE…The only son of the owner of Shin Company. Don’t you know how your father’s company was built?It wasn’t there by itself…It was a lifetime debt owed by your father to the Kim Corporation”

His fist was shaking but it turned out stiff upon hearing those words.

While the situation got hotter, the held competition was the talk of the school. The students, especially those who are in their Second year couldn’t just believe to what had happened to Sungmin on stage. At a corner, Seohyun and Taemin were exchanging thoughts.

“Sungmin, dragging his foot while dancing… Don’t you think there is a reason behind it?”, Taemin assumed.

“I think so too…It couldn’t be that someone sabotaged him, could it?”, Seohyun speculated.

“Aside from Kyuhyun, who would do it if that’s the case?”

“Aniyo…Kyuhyun won’t do things like that”

“I think so too.. it’s just that… it’s too strange”

The day passed like that. Hearsays were everywhere.

In the morning at Myongdong Art School, at the dorm, Yoona and his roommates (Yuri and Sunny) were awakened by a loud knock on the door. Yoona opened it and to her surprise, it was her father.

“Appa…What are you doing here?”

“T…That is…”

“What is it again? Did you run out of money?”

“Hmm”

“Appa! I’ve given you enough. How could it disappear again!?

“Shhh…lower your voice. Your friends could hear you.”

“I don’t have anything left for me… just go retrieve the money you’ve spent”, Yoona said as she closed the door.

“W-w-wait…”,his father was pushing the door to let it be opened. “Please help me this one last time…I won’t bother you anymore after this. Please help me.”

“Here, take these now, I won’t be able to give you something in the future”, Yoona said as she handed an amount to her father reluctantly.

“A-a-araseo, araseo…Komapta, komapta..”

After that, his father left.

“You should also get yourself ready now…it’s about time to go to class”, Yuri said to Yoona.

“Araseo…”

“Then, I will just go and wake those people up”

“De”

Yuri went straight in the room of Donghae, Eunhyuk, Ryeowook, and Kangin. She hardly knocked on the door, as if trying to destroy it.

“Yah!...Open the door!”,yelled Yuri.

The guys were still sleeping.

“Yah...will someone open the door?”, Kangin uttered, still sleepy.

Donghae-yah…there’s someone outside…”, Ryeowook said, heavy-eyed.

“Eunhyuk-ah…”Donghae said, half asleep. “Hurry up and open the door”

Having no choice, Eunhyuk got up and opened the door sluggishly.

“Yah! Do you want your door to be destroyed? How many knocks should elapse before you open it!?”,Yuri yelled.

“Aissttt, this girl, aren’t you the one destroying it?”, Eunhyuk whispered.

“Bo?”

“N-nothing…hmm.. wae? Why’d you come here?”

“Don’t you know? I…I’m the dorm leader”,Yuri explained.

“So?”

“Aisstt.. this guy. Why aren’t you in your uniforms yet? It’s about time for class”

“Araseo, araseo…just go first and we will be ready after a while”, Eunhyuk responded as he closed the door.

Yuri stayed outside their room but none of them even got out. She immediately opened the door and entered the room. The guys were still lying on their beds.

“Yah!”, she again shouted.

When everyone didn’t seem to have responded, she pulled each one’s blanket.

“Aren’t you still moving? Palli!”

MEANWHILE…at Seoul Art School, the result of the electronic voting was revealed. It was posted in the Bulletin. Kyuhyun was walking toward the classroom when he saw the crowd of students in the bulletin.

“Excuse me, what is that crowd all about?”, Kyuhyun asked a student.

“The result of the performance battle is out”, answered the student.

“Kurae?”

Just then, Kibum and Siwon approached Kyuhyun.

“Kyuhyun-ah! Shall we go see the result?”, exclaimed Kibum.

“Wasn’t it obvious already”, Kyuhyun declared confidently.

“Eyy…Look at you…You seem to have accumulated much confidence”,Siwon said.

“Hyung…”, Kyuhyun uttered.

“Wae?”Kibum answered.

“Why did you do it? Did you think I’ll fail?”

“Like what I said to Shindong, I did it to make it more interesting. Wae? Don’t you feel good about it? You beat the rank 1 among the Second Year students when it comes to performance. Besides, even though I did not sabotage him, the results will still be the same”

MEANWHILE, Sungmin and Shindong sat under a tree and started talking about the competition.

“Sungmin-ah…Mianhae”, Shindong said to Sungmin with full compassion.

“Aniyo…you didn’t do anything. I want to thank you for fighting for me”, Sungmin replied as he flashed a smile.

“But it didn’t change anything”,Shindong uttered.

“Although it became like that, on the least of it, I have a courageous friend who is willing to exchange blows for me”,Sungmin said in a very light angelic voice.

“Eyy…”,Shindong smiled. “Don’t say things like that again…I get goosebumps”

Sungmin chuckled.

“Since you’re out of the performance, I will not perform”, Shindong said.

“Aniyo…you should join. I will be among the audience and cheer for you”

“Aniyo…we should be on stage together”

“Aniyo… I will not”

“Aissstt…this guy”

“But…What about it? Since you will not be a part of the performance anymore, Kyuhyun will have a greater chance of being the rank 1 in performance this first quarter”, Shindong regretfully said.

“Although it may become like that, the title will not be his always. No matter what happens, I will do my best to take it back”, Sungmin declared with eyes full of determination.

AFTER THAT, classes have started at Seoul Art School. In 2nd Year Section A…

“Before anything else, I want to congratulate Cho Kyuhyun for winning the performance battle against Section B’s Lee Sungmin. Chukhahae!”, Teacher Tiffany declared as she faced her class. “I hope everyone of you will display that kind of performance during the Seoul Street Concert”, she continued.

Everyone clapped.

“Starting today, I will be teaching you voice lessons for two weeks while Teacher Hankyung will be in-charge of Section B for dancing lessons. After two weeks, recitals will be done and after that, there will be switching of classes. You will then undergo dancing lessons under Teacher Hankyung and voice lessons under me for the Section B. Teacher Leeteuk will be in-charge of combined classes”, Teacher Tiffany announced.

“Ooohh…”,everybody was excited.

“For today, we will be learning how to sing duet. For now, choose a partner whom you want to sing with. Tomorrow, each pair should perform and I will polish your performance. Araseo?”

“De…”

AFTER CLASS, Kyuhyun had a phone call…It was his father.

“A-appa…what’s the matter?”,Kyuhyun timidly asked.

“I have something to tell you. Come to my office now”, his father’s voice sounded superior.

“I understand, I will be there in 10 minutes”, Kyuhyun answered.

As soon as Kyuhyun arrived there, his father started talking.

“I have appointed a lunch date with your fiancé. Meet her at the Italian Restaurant at 12 noon”

“Appa… I didn’t…”,Kyuhyun started.

“What? Agree? Marriage isn’t something we cannot decide without your permission”,Kyuhyun’s father said with a firm voice.

“Appa…I’ve said it to you many times…”

“Many times you have disobeyed me…would you continue to contravene me?”

“Appa…I am the one involved here…so please let me decide”

“Don’t you know your identity? You are born among the elite. Don’t you know what that means? Marriage isn’t something to be done for personal feelings and emotions”

“But…”

“Enough! What words didn’t you understand from what I’ve said!? Are you trying to go against me? Huh!?”, his father was infuriated.

For seconds, they remained silent.

“If only he didn’t die…”,his father uttered being nostalgic at an instant.

Kyuhyun felt his body trembling at that moment. He couldn’t say anything, instead, he walked quietly out of his father’s office.

AT MYONGDONG ART SCHOOL, they were also having their class. Amazingly, the curriculum at Seoul Art School is the same as that of Myongdong Art School.

“Starting today, I will be teaching you voice lessons for two weeks while Teacher Hyoyeon will be in-charge of Section B for dancing lessons. After two weeks, recitals will be done and after that, there will be switching of classes. You will then undergo dancing lessons under Teacher Hyoyeon and voice lessons under me for the Section B. Teacher Heechul will be in-charge of combined classes”, Teacher Taeyon announced.

IT’s 12 noon. Kyuhyun went to the Italian Restaurant as what his father directed.

“You’re two minutes late, aren’t you excited to see me?”, Jessica stated in an ecstatic voice.

“Didn’t we just meet at school?”, Kyuhyun replied.

“Ahh…that’s right. I’ve lost sight on you for about 30 minutes and I already missed you…ottoke?”

“Aiisstt…would you stop talking like that, it’s extremely annoying”

“Waeyo? Do you hate me that much?”, Jessica uttered in low spirits.

“A-aniyo…It’s not like that”, Kyuhyun replied, trying to not offend Jessica.

“Then, you like me…”

“How many times should I say? I don’t hate you, but I don’t like you either”

“I don’t care…Besides we will soon be married. There’s nothing you can do about it. Even if you don’t want to, you must like me”

“I think you misunderstood things…I…am not marrying you, araseo?”

“It couldn’t be. Your father arranged our engagement with my father”

“Wae? Is he the one marrying you? Is he the one to decide my fate?”

“No matter how many times you try to push me away, you can’t change the fact that your fate…is me”

“Let’s stop it here…I’m going”, Kyuhyun said as he stood up and went outside.

Jessica was left inside the restaurant.

>CHO KYUHYUN…You dare to reject a girl like me? (Chuckles) You’ll see, you will eventually be captivated by me. Sooner or later, you’ll start falling for me<, Jessica said in her thoughts.

MEANWHILE…at Seoul Art School…

“Ah-Choooo!”,Seohyun sneezed.

“Seohyun-ah, don’t overdo it…you’re catching a cold”, Taemin said.

“Gwenchana…I have to practice for the concert. I want to do well on my birthday”, Seohyun happily said.

“Oh that’s right! It’s your birthday”, Taemin exclaimed.

“Did you forget it?”,Seohyun asked.

“Of course not. How could I forget that day”, Taemin gladly said.

“That’s a relief”         

“Then, shall we go to the meeting?”

“OK”

As Taemin and Seohyun were about to enter the practice room, they overheard their co-performers inside the practice room.

“Seo Joohyun of Class B? Although she’s rank 1 in academics, I heard she isn’t that good in singing and dancing”

“Ah, kurae? Have you heard her sing?”

“Aniyo…I heard her voice was the worst”

“Jongmalro?

“De…and one more thing, I learned from the others that Seohyun will also take part in the concert”

“Bo? Won’t she just mess up with the whole performance?”

“Exactly. That’s what I’m thinking too”

When Seohyun heard those things, her mood became gloomy in an instant.

“D-don’t take them seriously…they were just saying things they heard. What is important is that, we both know that what they were saying is not true”,Taemin said to comfort Seohyun.

“De…”,Seohyun sadly responded.

AFTER THAT…they started the meeting regarding their parts in the concert.

“For the concert, Kyuhyun will be the main vocalist; hence, he will be appearing the most. However, I decided to add a female main vocalist to balance Kyuhyun’s singing with a great blend; Jessica will have that part. And since Class A is currently undergoing their voice lessons, they will be in the chorus. While Class B will be the dancers”, Teacher Leeteuk explained.

THEN a student raised his hand.

“Teacher…How about the band?”

“Oh…Kurae…Jungmo will play the lead guitar, Minsoo will play the bass guitar, Sunwoo will be on the drums, and in the organ will be…”

“Me…I want to be in the organ”,Seohyun declared.

“OK…Seohyun will play the organ”, Teacher Leeteuk concluded.

Taemin tapped Seohyun’s shoulder.

“Yah, why did you volunteer to play the organ? Didn’t you say you want to perform?”,Taemin said.

“It’s okay…I will still be a part of the performance. And one more thing, I might be messing up the whole concert”,Seohyun replied.

“Aniyo…”

“Taemin-ah… It’s really okay…Don’t worry”

ON THE OTHER SIDE…At Myongdong Art School Ryeowook is singing a song in the class.

Geu nal cheoreom ttatteuthan baram bulgo geudaega sarang hadeon hwabunen kkochi pigo
Eoneu saenga bom nari deuriwodo ajikdo nan gipeun gyeo uljameul jago shipeo
Aju meolli, aju meolli geudaega inayo sashil nan geudaega maeil geuri unde
Aju jageun, aju jageun saso han geoteuredo maeil geudaega saeng gagi na
Bangan gadeuk nama wirohae judeon geudae hyang giga kkossoge da heuteojyeo
Eonjenga neun neukkilsu eobseulkka bwa geudae iteon gong girado bujaba dugo shipeo
Aju meolli, aju meolli meon gose inayo sashil nan geudaega maeil geuri unde
Aju jageun, aju jageun saso han geoteuredo maeil geudaega saeng gagi na

After singing, everybody clapped.

“Ohh…chariseo…You’ve done well”, Teacher Taeyon remarked. “Now, you choose your own partner and then, after two weeks you have to perform by pairs. Be sure to remember all the lessons I inculcated to you, araseo?”

“De”

AFTER CLASS, Donghae found Eunhyuk dancing in the practice room.

“Whoa…you really can dance”, Donghae jokingly said.

“Aiisstt, this guy…as if you don’t know me”,Eunhyuk responded.

“So, when will we again perform together?”, Donghae asked.

“Uhmm, do you really want to perform with me that badly?”,Eunhyuk replied.

“Aiisstt…can’t you recall? We were tagged as the PERFECT COMBO when we performed on the stage”

“Arayo, arayo…But Donghae-yah…you should come and watch me on our dance performance after two weeks, OK?”

“Kurae…Then you should also watch our vocal performance”

“Of course…I have to witness how great you have improved from your vocal lessons”

“Aiisstt, don’t you have confidence in me?”

“Kurae”

“Mworagoyo?”

“A-Aniyo…Donghae-yah, you remember our deal?”

“For us to debut together?”

“De…I’m still looking forward to it. So don’t disappoint me, araseo?”

“De, araseo”

MEANWHILE at Seoul Art School, they have started preparing and practicing for the concert.

“Okay, everyone! Let’s have our rehearsal!”, yelled Teacher Leeteuk.

As everybody were preparing for rehearsal, Kim Yesung’s new MV, “Fly” was then being aired. The students all watched.

“Whoa…isn’t that Kim Yesung? The Top Hallyu Star?”

“Kurae…He’s really good”

“That’s right and his album sales were really high”

Everybody was talking about it.

“Why don’t we include that song in our concert?”, Kyuhyun suggested.

“Wouldn’t it be hard since it’s a new song?”, a student asked.

“Aniyo…it will be fine. The melody is good. It will be easy to perform, am I not right Teacher Leeteuk?”, Kyuhyun asked.

“I agree with Kyuhyun. It’s a good idea to include that song”, Teacher Leeteuk responded.

AND THEN, they started practicing. Everything was going smoothly when Seohyun began to commit mistakes in the organ.

“Jiosonghabnida…my finger slipped”,Seohyun said in low spirits.

“OK…Let’s do it again”, Teacher Leeteuk ordered.

Seohyun wasn’t feeling well. She began to feel dizzy since the beginning of the rehearsal. She kept messing up with the practice. She kept apologizing.

“Jiosonghabnida…Jiosonghabnida…”

“Boya!?”,Kyuhyun yelled. “Everybody is hard up because of you! What? Are you going to mess up with the performance like this!? If you can’t do it well, the back out!”

“Jiosonghabnida…jio..jio..song…”, Seohyun uttered in decreasing loudness, and then lost consciousness.

“Call the doctor, quick!”,Teacher Leeteuk ordered.

Taemin immediately brought Seohyun to the doctor. After giving medication, the doctor advised Seohyun to rest at home. Taemin accompanied her to go home. When they arrived at Seohyun’s house, she was immediately sent in her room.

“How do you feel? Are you okay now?”, Taemin asked with a worried face.

“Gwenchanayo…gomawo, Taemin-ah”, Seohyun responded in a soft, vulnerable voice.

Araseo, araseo…just rest for a few days and you will feel better, Ok?”

“But I have to be in the performance”

“Aniyo…you can’t since you are so helpless now. Just rest and I will replace you in the organ. Don’t worry too much”

“I really want to perform on my birthday…”

“I will just do it for you. Take it as my birthday gift, okay?”

AND THEN, the day came…the day of performance…Donghae, who decided not to go to the concert was actually going to a gig. He was on his way there when he saw Yoona, running.

“Yah, Im Yoona…”,Donghae exclaimed as he grabbed Yoona’s arm.

“Ah, waeyo? I have to go”, Yoona said as if panicking.

“Waeyo? Are you in a hurry to watch Seoul Art School’s concert?”

“Aniyo…”,said Yoona. When she realized that the people chasing her were catching up, she grabbed Donghae’s arm and ran.

They kept running until they found a large barrel where they hid behind.

“Exactly…why do those people keep on running after you?”,Donghae asked.

“They…They are the people whom my father owed much money. Since he hasn’t paid yet, they’re coming after me”,answered Yoona.

“What? You’re in that kind of situation? Is that the reason why you keep violating the curfew rule?”

“De…I have my part time job at night”

“Yah…You’re in a very complicated situation. Why didn’t you tell me about that?”

“Tsss…It’s as if you can help me…”

“Aisstt this girl”

“THERE SHE IS!!!”,shouted one of the people chasing Yoona.

They again started running away until they were in a crowd of people. When they reached the front most end of the crowd, they saw a stage with performers. It was the concert of the Seoul Art School students.

The concert was so great and dazzling. Kyuhyun and Jessica started singing alternately.

When I see you my heart skips a beat
I'm getting ready to tell you how I feel
Nuhreul mannan guhn haengwooniya iruhke ppajyuhbuhriljuriya
Somsatanggateun nuhl nogillae jjaksarangeun geumandullae

Nae sarang geudaen juhngmal areumdawoonguhl
Iruhke nae mami dduhllinjuhkdo uhbneunguhl
Oneuldo nae mameun midnight fantasy

Uhdduhkehamyuhn gakkawuhjil soo isseulgga
Jakku geudae nunape bichimyuhn joheulgga
Iruhke oneuldo midnight fantasy

(Uhjjuhlsoo uhbsuh)

Jakku chyuhdaboneun
Nal geudaega aeini issuhdo

(Geudaega naege)

Woosuhjuneun geunal
Nan geudaereul saranghandago nuhl naepume dugeddago I say

Nuhreul chyuhdaboneunguht maja geurae nunchichaego manguhtdo ara
Niga imjainneun yuhjara haedo gwaenchanha

Hanshimhage yuhgyuhdo joha naega sangchuhbadeul guhtdo jal ara
Geurae nan sarange ppajyuhbuhryuhnne

 

Everybody in the audience was amazed by the performance.

“Is this the concert that Eunhyuk told us about?”, Donghae asked.

“I guess…Eunhyuk and the others might be here somewhere in the crowd”,Yoona answered.

“Hmmm…they’re not that bad but it seems like they lack something”,Donghae remarked as he stared at the performers.

“Look at the vocalist…he’s good, right?”, Yoona declared.

“Aiisstt…I could also do that…”,Donghae boasted.

“Aiisstt, what are you saying…”

“Omo!”,Donghae exclaimed as he looked at his watch. “I have to go to the gig!”

When he was about to go, Yoona pulled his shirt.

“Let’s just stay here for just a little bit. This is really great”, Yoona said, making Donghae stay.

“Aniyo…I have to go to the gig. If you want to watch, just stay here, ok?”,Donghae replied.

“Just a bit…I’ll be also leaving soon. Soon as the people running after me disappears, ok?...For the meantime…”

“Araseo, araseo…”,Donghae said as he reached in his pocket and picked a coin. “Let’s do a toss coin. If it’s head, I’ll go right away. If it’s tail, I’ll stay here”

“Kurae”

Donghae then tossed the coin in the air. But unfortunately, the coin hit Kyuhyun’s head.

Super star ijen naya moksorireul nopyeo jilleo
Naega nuguyeotdeon OK nae kkumeul hyanghayeo Let's go
Super star ijen neoya moksorireul keuge jilleo
Jujeoma shijakhae neomanui ujureul boyeobwa

Kyuhyun’s singing was brought to a halt. Kyuhyun temporarily stopped his singing and picked up the coin.

“Yah! What are you doing?”,Kyuhyun asked Donghae calmly but in an obviously angry facial expression.

“Me?”,Donghae inquired while pointing to himself.

“If you want to say sorry, do it now that I’m not furious”, Kyuhyun demanded.

Eunhyuk and the others saw Donghae.

“Boya? Why is Donghae here? Didn’t he say he won’t come?”, Eunhyuk uttered.

“What is going on?”,Siwon uttered as he stood next to Kibum in the audience.

“Our little prince seems to be angry”, Kibum said.

Kyuhyun waited an apology from Donghae but Donghae didn’t respond.

“What? Aren’t you apologizing?”, Kyuhyun asked.

“For what? I didn’t see that you were there in the first place”,Donghae said as if trying to annoy Kyuhyun.

Yah, what are you saying?”, Yoona asked Donghae.

“Oh, Kurae? You didn’t see me? Then get this rubbish back!”,Kyuhyun said as he threw the coin back to Donghae.

There was a complete silence. Everybody’s attention was directed to Kyuhyun and Donghae. They stared at each other for a couple of minutes. Then, Donghae picked the coin Kyuhyun threw back to him. He then slowly went up the stage and handed the coin to Kyuhyun. The two guys acted as if they were the only people standing at that moment. Their eyes met and they each glowed a fuming blaze.

“When I was in middle school, I used to give coins to street children. I feel like the old me is being resurrected now”, Donghae said as he put the coin in Kyuhyun’s hand. He immediately went down the stage and walked out of the crowd. The people gave way to him.

“Yah…Lee Donghae!”, Yoona exclaimed as  she followed Donghae out of the crowd.

On the other hand, Kyuhyun was so infuriated. His fist was quivering from extreme anger.

ALTHOUGH the concert was a bit intruded, it came out successful. The concert’s full video was uploaded in the internet and it had already many views after an hour. Gradually, the Seoul Art School students were then fixing the stage and packing up their instruments. Kibum and Siwon approached Kyuhyun.

“Yah…you’re really good. Let’s go, I’ll buy you something to eat”,Kibum said to Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun remained silent as if he was thinking something serious.

“Ah, wae? Is it that guy earlier?”,Siwon asked.

“Yah…do you know him?”, Kibum continued to ask.

“Cut it off…I don’t want to hear about that guy”,Kyuhyun responded, slightly annoyed.

“Araseo…But, Kyuhyun-ah, I didn’t see Seohyun perform. Didn’t she come?”, Kibum asked.

“I think I was a bit rash to her during the practice”, Kyuhyun revealed.

“Wae? Did you offend her? Yah…today is her birthday don’t you remember?”,Kibum said.

“I know…but she isn’t feeling well now”, Kyuhyun said.

“Aisstt, this guy. Until when should you act cold in front of her? Seohyun-ah, is a very good friend. She’s even closer to me than she is to you”, Kibum said.

“Should we visit her at their house?”, Siwon asked.

“Aniyo…her parents will just be mad at me”, Kyuhyun answered.

“Aissttt…leave it to us”, Kibum exclaimed.

 On their way to Seohyun’s house, they passed by Taemin.

“Oh…you’re that nerdy friend who always go together with Seohyun, aren’t you?”, Kyuhyun asked Taemin.

“De…waeyo?”,Taemin answered.

“Don’t tell me you’re going to their house…”, Siwon speculated.

“De…waeyo?”,Taemin replied.

“Aissttt…wae? Yah, Are you some kind of a stalker?”, Kyuhyun declared.

“I just want to greet her on her birthday…can’t I?”, Taemin said.

EVEN THOUGH they are not that close, they went together to Seohyun’s house. When they arrived there, Seohyun’s personal maid talked to them.

“Bo? Seohyun is not inside?”, Taemin inquired.

“Ye…she said she’ll be going out to breathe some fresh air”, the maid replied.

“When?”,Taemin again asked.

“I think it was 30 minutes ago”, the maid answered.

“Ah, kuraeyo…kamsahamnida”

“I think I know where she is”,Kyuhyun uttered.

As directed by Kyuhyun they went to the playground near the Han River. Surprisingly, they found Seohyun there, sitting on a swing. Seohyun saw them coming.

“Oh, Taemin-ah, Kibum oppa, Siwon oppa…K-Kyuhyun-ah…”

“How are you? Are you fine now?”,Taemin asked.

“Seohyun-ah, did Kyuhyun make you upset?”, Kibum asked.

“A-aniyo…it’s not like that…I just wanted to go out for a while…but why are you all here?”, Seohyun asked.

“Ahhh…Seohyun-ah, saengilchukahamnida!”, Taemin said as he offered a cake with a candle.

“Saengilchukahamnida, Seohyun-ah”,Kibum said.

“Happy Birthday!”,Siwon said.

“Yah! Are you not greeting Seohyun?”, Kibum said to Kyuhyun.

“Ah…Saeng…saengil………mianhae”, Kyuhyun uttered lowly.

There was a silence.

“A-aniyo…G-gwenchanayo…it’s me who committed mistakes. It’s just right to scold me”,Seohyun responded.

“However, I still want to apologize…mianhae…and also…happy birthday”, Kyuhyun continued.

Seohyun flashed a smile. For a moment, she felt that she was important. The joy her heart was pounding at that time had exceeded the sorrow she felt before. The next minutes, they celebrated her birthday. She blew the candle and made her wish. This day was such a long day for Seohyun. But when she saw that she still had friends to comfort her, she felt gratified. She wanted to extend the night to delay the hands of the clock from pointing to 12 midnight, because soon as it does, this day should end. And in her mind she wondered if this day would again arrive, when Kyuhyun would again take away his coldness and talk naturally as was before.

MORNING came…At Seoul Art School, Kyuhyun was called to go to the faculty office.

“Although the concert came out successful, I don’t really like what you have said and done”,Teacher Leeteuk said.

“Jiosonghabnida…I couldn’t just hold on to my anger anymore”, Kyuhyun replied.

“What you have shown last night is not an attitude of a real star. It’s purely a childish act”,Teacher Leeteuk added.

“Jiosonghabnida…I won’t do it again in the future”,Kyuhyun responded.

“Definitely…I don’t want this to happen again. Soon, when you will become idols you cannot do that in front of the audience, of the fans, of the media…As idols, the most precious thing to be concerned is your image. Get used to it now that you are still training to be one”, Teacher Leeteuk explained.

“I understand…komapsumnida”, Kyuhyun answered.

AFTER that conversation, Kyuhyun passed the Bulletin board and he noticed that it was filled with photos taken from the concert. But what called his attention the most was the photo taken from the audience. The camera captured Donghae in front of the audience. He ripped it from the bulletin board and took it.

SOON, Kyuhyun arrived home. He went straight into his room. Eventually a maid entered the room.

“Young master, the representative from the Investigation Team has arrived”,the maid declared.

“Araseo…Let him in”, Kyuhyun said.

“Annyeong hasimnikka, I’m Park Eunchul from the Investigation Team. Do you have tasks for me to investigate, young master?”, Eunchul said.

Kyuhyun showed Eunchul the photo he ripped from the bulletin board.

“This…This person…Know who he is…Investigate everything about him from birth to present, and even the smallest details report them to me as soon as possible”, Kyuhyun demanded.

“Algesumnida…”,Eunchul answered.

Eunchul then began his investigation while Kyuhyun was left alone in his room. He reached out in his pocket and picked the coin out. The coin made him remember what happened at the concert. Every time he recalls it, he gets furious. He held the coin at eye-level and stared at it for minutes.

“Coin guy…our second meeting is waving from a distance”

His eyes were glaring for vengeance.