Merry Christmas!

First Snow, First Kiss [one-shot]

“I’ll never get tired of this.” He said, breaking the peaceful silence between us.

“Yeah... It’s incredible.” I replied, whispering in awe. “But still… It would never beat seeing real stars in the clear night sky.”

“Well, maybe they went into hiding so that you can experience other things.”

My boyfriend and I were leaning against the railing at the roof of some old, vacant building. He had discovered it once accidentally, and brought me here tonight, knowing how much I love a good view. Especially on such a special night… From our vantage point, most of Seoul was presented to our eyes in all their shining beauty. On most nights, the lights from the buildings and such would already be a spectacle. But tonight, even the buildings and streets were decked in an even finer assortment of lights. It’s as if the whole city was dressing up for a special celebration. Well, it sort of is. It is Christmas season after all.

“You know, it’s past midnight already. So maybe you can help fulfil my Christmas wish?” He said, breaking the silence again.

“Okay, sure. But you’ll have to tell me what it is first. You tell me yours and I’ll tell you mine, okay?”

“Nah… I know what’s yours already. Besides, you probably can’t help fulfil my Christmas wish till yours is fulfilled. Your attention is divided.” He stuck out his tongue at me, making a cute face like he always does.

“Yah! Yang Yoseob! How do you know mine? And you know you’ll always get my undivided attention whenever you want.” I yelled in mock anger, turning to face him.

“How can I not know? All you talk about whenever we meet is whether it would snow before Christmas!” He laughed, messing my hair as he replied.

“Yah!” I slapped his hand away. I grinned at him as I ran my hand through my hair, pushing them back in place.

Yang Yoseob. Lead vocal and visual maknae of BEAST. On stage, a powerful performer with a powerful voice; off stage, a “small boy” filled with never-ending cuteness. But above all, Yoseob is my boyfriend. My first love…

Quieting down again, he ran his finger through my hair.

“I hope it snows soon, then your Christmas wish would be fulfilled.”

“Me too.” I smiled back at him.

Well, at least part of my Christmas wish would be fulfilled. I totally love snow. But sadly, it hardly ever really snows in Seoul. The light and short snowfalls here will never accumulate enough snow for me to play in, but still, some snow is better than none... which is what we’re having now. It hasn’t snowed the whole winter season, and now, nearing the end of December, it still hasn’t snowed. Hence, we are here not only to see the lovely night view of Seoul, but also to (hopefully) see the first snowfall. For it to snow by Christmas is my wish, so that my real wish can be fulfilled… I wonder what his is…

“But seriously, do you think it might snow today?” He asked, lying down on the icy cold concrete floor, staring into the night sky.

“I have no idea.” I sighed, as I joined him. “I can only pray and hope so.”

“Wow. This is like the first time I ever stayed up on Christmas Eve with a girl just to wait for the first snow to fall… But I have to say, it is kind of romantic… you know…” he just left his sentence unfinished.

“I know what?” I asked, after a moment of silence.

“You know, you never really did say those three words to me yet right?” He finally whispered.

I mumbled something unrecognizable and he left it as that. It’s not that I don’t love him. I do. And a lot as a matter of fact. I just never got round to saying it to him straight, though he has already said it to me a number of times. It’s just… the timing never felt right.

I sighed.

Together, we stared at the night sky. The stars and moon were all hidden tonight by the deceiving clouds. Clouds that seemed heavy with the promise of snow, but yet refusing to release even a single flake of snow.

 

We just lay there on the cold floor in silence, trying not to doze off, till the cold crept through our thick winter wear.

“Let’s move somewhere else shall we? The cold is getting to me.” Yoseob said, as he got to his feet and started jumping around.

“Yeah, okay.” I reluctantly pushed myself off the ground and blew hot air on my gloves, pressing them against my cheeks.

Dawn should be approaching soon. Oh how I wish it would really snow…

 

We left the building, and walked to the nearby park. No snow. We strolled through the park. Still no snow. Maybe it’s not going to snow tonight… Dawn was already creeping in, with the first rays of the morning threatening to break through the clouds.

“I doubt it’s going to snow now. Maybe tonight. Why don’t we go home and rest and come back and wait tonight, there’s still a chance that your wish can come true before Christmas is over.” Yoseob voiced my thoughts.

“Yeah, let’s.”

Holding my hands in his, we slowly walked down the streets together on the way home.

“Yoseob.” I paused from walking as I made up my mind.

“Hmm?” he slightly turned towards me.

I fixed my eyes on his.

“Saranghaeyo.”

I could tell from his face that he was totally stunned. Yet, his eyes also reflected signs of happiness and excitement. His happiness was probably reflected in my face as well, as I tried desperately to keep it from heating up after saying those words. I still maintained my eye contact with him, not wanting to break off first.

Suddenly, he flinched, breaking the eye contact. His fingers reached to his cheek and he glanced at the clouds above.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, looking towards the sky. The answer fell on me even as he replied.

“Snow!”

The clouds finally released their hold on the snowflakes, which seemingly happily dance down to meet Yoseob and I, the happy couple in the bliss of love. I stretched out my hands in eager welcome for the snowflakes to rest, rejoicing over the fact that now; I can make my dreams come true…

“_____-ah, since your wish came true, let’s make mine come true too, okay?”

Without even giving me a chance to reply, Yoseob tugged at my arm, pulling me into his embrace. Our eyes met for a few seconds, which seemed like eternity, as he slowly leaned in towards me. Our lips met, and suddenly, the world only consisted of him and me. We broke off quite fast though.

“You mean make our wish come true…” I said, looking into his eyes. This time, I leaned in for the kiss.

Our wish?” he asked when we finally broke off, a contented yet puzzled look in his eyes.

“Yup. You only half guessed my wish. It was to confess and kiss you when it’s snowing. To share and experience the greatest joy in my favourite environment.” I grinned.

“Well, mine was to share my first kiss with you after hearing those special words.”

With that, Yoseob leaned in once more, and our lips met.

“I promise I’ll love and cherish you forever.” He whispered.

 

Merry Christmas.

 

 

 

 

----------

 

just had an awesome christmas performance, and now, am posting this, just in time for Christmas! well, whether you readers celebrate Christmas or not, it is still a joyous occassion! =D anyways, just wanna thank all readers, commentors (if there is such a thing), and especially subscribers! hope you all really enjoy this short one-shot! =)

woohoo~~!! finally can mark a story complete! xDD (well... it is a one-shot so it will be completed in one chapter.. lol.) ;P

anyways, i shall now leave you with the eng subbed mv for First Snow, First Kiss. enjoy everyone! and...

 

MERRY  CHRISTMAS!!!   =)