Childhood Friend

Don't fall for a Dongsaeng

 Hyemi had about a little over an hour before her next class starts. She contemplated on whether getting lunch at the school's cafeteria or heading over to the restaurant that she passed by while making her way to Dankook. She decided to head on over to a Japanese Restaurant. As she left the building,

"Park Hyemi? Mimi?" someone called.

Who would be calling for her? Hyemi wondered. She slowly turned around to see a somewhat familiar figure approaching her.

She still couldn't completely recall who the young man was.

"It really is you!" the guy exclaimed.

She slightly tilted her head. That smile.

"Lee Minhyuk" she couldn't believe it. A smile automatically crossed her face. "Minhyukkie"

She let out a small gasp when Minhyuk pulled her in for a bear hug. "It's been a while, Park Hyemi"

Lee Minhyuk was her childhood friend. The two met when Hyemi was in elementary and became good friends. Yet the two lost contact altogether when Hyemi moved. Hyemi was surprised that Minhyuk could recognize her.

He finally let go of her. He took a step back and observed his childhood friend,"Wah, you've gotten prettier, Hyemi" he commented.

"You still haven't changed a bit; you're still a flirt. Wait, I lied. You've gotten taller, way taller" she noted the height difference between her and him.

He smiled. "Are you going to class?"

She shook her head, "Lunch"

"Let's go then. I'm hungry. We can catch up whie we eat" he rubbed his lean stomach.

As Hyemi walked beside Minhyuk, she couldn't help but be amazed at how comfortable Minhyuk was around her, even though they haven't seen each other for years.

"Thank you" Hyemi thanked the server. The young lady carefully placed Hyemi and Minhyuk's order down on the table.

"When was the last time we saw each other?" Minhyuk thoughtfully asked.

"Since middle school" she recalled.

"How are your parents?" he was curious.

"My father's in Japan. I moved out of my mother and that man's house" she poked at her food.

"I'm sorry" he took a sip of his drink.

The atmosphere turned slightly awkward. He cleared his throat, "So, how's your first day at Dankook so far?" he managed to change the subject.

"Pretty good" she recalled.

"Where's your class schedule?" he questioned.

She pulled out a pink piece of paper and handed it over to him. He scanned through her schedule.

"We have psychology together" he pointed out.

The two spent a little more time catching up on the years that they were apart.

"I'll pay" Minhyuk offered as he grabbed the bill.

"Thanks for the meal. I'll treat you next time" Hyemi insisted.

"Really? Then we must go to an expensive restaurant next time" he joked.

"Eh?..fine then. I owe you a meal, so.."

"Kidding, Mimi" he ruffled her hair.

They started heading back towards their college.

"Are you doing anything this afternoon?" Minhyuk wanted to know.

"Uh, I already made plans with my boyfriend" she said.

"What? Park Hyemi has a boyfriend? No way" he sarcastically commented.

Hyemi slightly wrinkled her nose, "What's that suppose to mean?" she scowled.

"Mian, but I thought that you would have waited for me" he pouted.

"What are you talking about, Lee Minhyuk?" she had an odd feeling as to what her friend meant by those words, but she wasn't quite sure.

"I was your hubby, remember?" he blinked.

She scoffed, "That was way way back in elementary school. Are you really going to tease me until the end?" she whined.

Back when the two friends were in elementary school, Hyemi had a crush on Minhyuk. She would follow Minhyuk around, claiming that he was her hubby and that she was going to marry him when she grows up.

"Aww, is our Hyemi mad at oppa?" he asked.

"You still haven't changed Lee Minhyuk" she said yet smiled.

Hyemi didn't realize how much time they've spent catching up. There were five minutes left until her next class starts.

"I'll catch up with you later. I'm going to be late to class!"

Before Hyemi could leave, Minhyuk grabbed her phone from her hand.

"What are you doing?" she tried to retreive her phone.

He typed in his number and called himself.

"See you in class tomorrow, Mimi" he pulled her in for another bear hug. He then ruffled her hair. "Have a good day"

"This guy. He knows how much I hate it when he messes with my hair" she pouted.

"I swear, if I'm late to class-" she turned around to leave.

"Oi, Park Hyemi!" Minhyuk exclaimed.

"Wae!" she turned back around whilst fixing her hair.

"It was nice to see you again"

She softened, "Same here"

"Dinner tomorrow?" he hopefully looked at her.

She nodded and gave him an okay sign.

 

"I swear if Woohyun was here, he would have thought that there was something going on between us" she shook her head.

 

 Comments, new subscribers, and subscriber are always appreciated. ^^