Strong Confessions

Forever With You

[Lee Seunghyun]

With a brave smile, he taps on her door three times. He grips the nicely wrapped box tightly behind his back. A sudden pang of nervousness hits him as he hears light footsteps come towards the door.

A girl with caramel colored hair opens the door. Her eyes widen at the sight of him. “Oh, Lee Seunghyun-shi.” The girl bows. “What are you doing here?”

Seunghyun smiles. “I already told you before: call me Seungri.”

“Seungri…” The girl trails off, still confused by his sudden visit.

“Chae Rin-ah,” Seungri sings. He extends his hand. “Can you come take a walk with me?”

“But it’s almost Christmas. I’m going to miss the mark of midnight.” Chae Rin says; looking at her bright colored orange watch. It was already 11:45 p.m.

Seungri shakes his head. “I have something I want to tell you.” He quickly takes her hand and pulls her out of her own home.

“Seungri-ah!” Chae Rin exclaims, but suddenly blushes as she called him informally. Seungri simply smiles.

Seungri and Chae Rin have been classmates since elementary school, but they’ve never been close. Actually, they’ve never acknowledged each other’s presence until now. In high school now, Seungri is going to make his move this Christmas. He wants to be romantic; he wants her to accept him.

Seungri leads her to the park, but takes a sharp right turn, going around the park. Chae Rin gasps softly behind him as she sees where Seungri is taking her. Just right behind the park, there’s a small pond, frozen. There’s a small bare tree holding two pairs of ice skates, one black and one red.

“What is this, Seungri-ah?” Chae Rin asks, her eyes never leaving the beautiful sight. Seungri squeezes her hand, the hand he never let go of. He watches red color creep on her cheeks as she sighs. Seungri brings her over to the tree, not wanting to waste anytime with her.

He hands her the red one for he knows that’s her favorite color. Chae Rin takes it, but simply stares back and forth between Seungri and the skates. Seungri chuckles and gently pushes her down to the snow-covered ground. With her legs extended out, Seungri takes off her flashy sneakers and replaces it with the red skates.

Once done, Seungri then puts on his own skates, taking his time. He takes in deep breaths, calming his erratic heartbeat down. But it really doesn’t help. Seungri’s been anticipating this for a while now, two years to be exact. Seungri has set his eyes on Chae Rin ever since he spotted her on the dance floor at one of the parties two years ago.

He remembered how he was silently watching her from afar, watching how she swayed her hips along with the music. The way she moved—in a graceful way—made Seungri drool. Seungri remembered when he suddenly walked over to her and danced along with her.

He knows she didn’t know who he was, because Seungri kept his face hidden. He didn’t want her to know who he was in the first place; he was scared she would reject him. But then she talked to him. Seungri was just as amazed by her voice. They conversed, a joke and a laugh played once or twice. But, he left Chae Rin that night in the middle of the dance floor, left her perplexed and a little sad. She wanted to know who he was; she wanted to know who was the boy who instantly took her heart.

After they were set, Chae Rin and Seungri went on the ice. Chae Rin smiles as she watches Seungri struggle on the ice. She glides over to him and takes both of his hands in her. You could say Seungri was a little shocked. And he was kind of frustrated in a way. He was the one who was supposed to be sweet, not the other way around.

Nevertheless, Seungri loved the feel of her hands. It was very soft and warm. Chae Rin skates backwards as she pulls Seungri along with her.

“I don’t know how you found this place, but it’s beautiful.” Chae Rin says softly. She gives him a smile, one that makes Seungri’s heart skip a beat.

“I happened to pass by it one day.” The boy replies, looking between her and his feet. He didn’t want to embarrass himself more than he already had.

“And thanks for bringing me out here.” She comments, still gliding backwards.

“I thought you would like it. If I brought you out here, I was hoping I would skate with you.” He sheepishly says, blushing a little.

Chae Rin giggles, something very unlike her. For some strange reason, Seungri makes her “aegyo” come out. She still doesn’t know why Seungri is doing this all of a sudden. But she’s actually enjoying it.

They skate for a while, Chae Rin pulling Seungri along. But Seungri is a fast learner and, as expected from him, he learns how to skate quickly. With strong determination, Seungri unexpectedly lets go of Chae Rin’s hands. Chae Rin twirls around, scared that Seungri injured himself. But what was more shocking was Seungri in the middle of the ice, skating with his arms spread wide. A smile grazes his lips as he meets Chae Rin’s wide eyes.

“Seungri-ah…” She murmurs.

Seungri skates towards her, and glides until the tips of their toes touch, until their bodies touch. Seungri feels a chill go through his body. But this isn’t the feeling he wanted. He didn’t want a chill running up and down his spine; he wanted a warm flame spreading through his veins.

Chae Rin blankly stares at Seungri’s broad chest then quickly looks up at his face. The light from the lamppost a few feet away illuminates his features, making the dark circles under his eyes disappear and strengthens the look of his eyes.

Seungri smiles, the faint lights making his smile look y to Chae Rin. “I have something I want to tell you.” He says softly, huskily.

Chae Rin shudders, but her eyes never leave his face. Frankly, she can’t take her eyes away in the first place. The way she sees Seungri now tickles her mind. It’s as if she’s seen it before.

“W-what?” She asks, trying to sound confident. She wanted to slap herself; she just made herself stutter.

Seungri stares deep into her light brown eyes, for the last time, he gathers all his strength. Without her noticing, Seungri reaches into his pocket and takes out his phone. He raises it up, putting it in between their faces. Chae Rin looks at his phone, suddenly perplexed all over again.

The sides of Seungri’s lips twitch upward, but he stays serious as he presses a button on his phone. A strong yet soft melody starts to play from it. Chae Rin gasps as the music enters her ears. It brought back memories from two years ago at a party one of her classmates threw. She remembers the strange, mysterious boy that danced so well with her when her favorite song came up. This is the exact song, the exact same song that was coming out of Seungri’s phone. Seungri puts it back in his pocket, but the music was loud enough to hear.

Then Seungri places both of his hands gently on her hips.

He starts swaying both of their bodies, back and forth. Chae Rin continues to gaze up at Seungri when it realization suddenly hits her like a bullet.

“You…” She trails off.

Seungri looks down at her, still feeling that chill. His face slowly breaks into a smile. “Yes?” He murmurs.

“I—“ She starts. But instead of finishing, she swiftly brings one of her hands to the nape of his neck. Their lips meet. Chae Rin breaks away and looks into Seungri’s panda-like eyes. Being the tough, charismatic girl she is, she says, “Don’t ever leave me like that again. I will kill you, Lee Seunghyun. I can’t believe you left me wondering who you were.”

Seungri shows a boyish grin, suddenly feeling playful. He shrugs. “Kill me then. I like your aggressive side.”

With a growl, Chae Rin roughly grabs Seungri’s collar and pulls his lips down to her once again. Things were slowly getting hot until Seungri pulls away, making Chae Rin pout a little.

“What now?” She asks, agitated.

Seungri chuckles. “I almost forgot to tell you something.” Chae Rin looks at him, waiting to say whatever he’s going to say. “Be my girl?” Seungri says, but it came out as a question.

“Of course.” Chae Rin forgets about her impatience and smiles widely. She quickly kisses him. “You babo.”

At exactly midnight, Seungri and Chae Rin walk hand in hand back to the girl’s house. Reaching his needs, Seungri got that spark of warmth running through his veins. Hopefully, it’ll stay that way forever.

---------------------------------

A/N: I got a little carried away with Seungri's story... >.< 

Anyway, this chapter completes all our boys. Tomorrow, Christmas, is the epilogue. Wait for that! Meanwhile, comment && subscribe? :)