New Town, New School! ^-^

Déjà vu

One month had already gone by since the incident in the alley. I had been texting with him ever since, we met up a couple of times too. We told each other everything that had happened to us since we parted at the orphanage. I told him how I just moved here from Busan, and that I was going to attend my new school by Monday. He told me all about his family, the one that adopted him at that time. He told me they were really nice and loving, and that he had two siblings. I felt so happy for him that things had turned out like that.

“Beeeep, beeeep, beeeep, buuzZzZz!!!!! ” I hated that sound so early in the morning. I looked at my phone only to realize that it was Monday, and ! I was running late for school. I shot up from my bed and skipped to bathroom, splashed some water in my face, and went back to my room. I quickly jumped into a pair of jeans and threw a hoodie over my head, not caring that others might think that I’m a guy, something that had occurred a lot over the past few years. I stuffed some food into my mouth, and ran out the door locking behind me.

I made it just on time when the school gates closed right behind me. “Phew, that was close...” I breathed out. I walked into the big building standing tall before me, and walked straight to the principal’s office, as I had been told to meet him there. I knocked slightly on the door, and a deep voice answered from the other side of the door “come in”. I opened the door and walked over to the desk, where a tall, handsome ahjussi greeted me.

“Ah, you must be Amber.  I am Kim Heechul, and I welcome you to our school, I am really happy to finally meet you,” he said.

“Thank you very much Mr Kim, I am happy to meet you too,” I bowed politely at him.

“We are very pleased to have such an honour student at our school,” I blushed slightly at his complementing statement.

“Thank you Mr Kim, I am very happy that I could jump in, in the middle of the school year, even though the exams are right around the corner,” I bowed again.

“No problem, people with grades like yours, I wish there would be more people like you,” he said and smiled at me. “Oh, and your homeroom will be class 2.b, other than that you will of course attend all our elite classes. A boy named Jonghyun will pick you up outside my office, he is in your homeroom too,” he gestured me towards the door, as homeroom was about to start in just a few minutes.

As I walked out the door, a boy got up from his sitting position beside the door. He gazed at me, like analysing me from head to toe. I cocked my head to the side.

“You must be Jonghyun?” I questioned him. He eventually snapped out of his gaze, as I waved a hand in front of his face. I resisted the urge to laugh at him.

“Uhm... yeah, I am. And you must be the new student, Amber,” he bowed and then smiled at me.

“Yeah, nice to meet you,” I bowed at him.

“We better get going so that we won’t be late for homeroom,” he stated.

“Neh your right, let’s go!” I flashed him my sweetest smile.

He smiled back at me and we walked down the big hallway. As we came into the classroom, I sat down at the only table left in the back, right beside Jonghyun. The bell rung and the teacher came through the door and sat down on her chair.

“Good morning class,” she greeted, “Today we have got a new student in our school. Please come to the front and introduce yourself, I am Sandara Park by the way,” she said.

I felt stares on me as I walked to the front of the class.

“Anneyoung, my name is Amber Liu, I just moved to Seoul and I hope we can be good friends,” I greeted my new classmates.

“Thank you Amber, I see you found your seat, now let us begin with the registration,” the teacher said.

She called everybody’s names one by one, and people slowly disappeared out of the classroom to attend their first lesson of the day.

“Now which classroom am I supposed to be in?” I thought to myself, “let’s see, first is mathematics... Where the hell is that?” I looked bewildered around the room, to see if someone was around to help me.

“Waaaah!?!” I shrieked, as I met face to face with a smiling Jonghyun.

“Need help?” he asked while ruffling his hair.

“Neh, I would like to know where room 478 is,” I smiled at him.

“Ah, the mathematics room! Come on, I’ll show you the way,” he grabbed me by the hand, and we ran off to some random direction I didn’t know of, and after some running we were finally there.

“I’ll leave now, I have music class,” he said as he his heel.

“Okay, thank you for taking me here,” I bowed at him.

“No problem,” he smiled and walked away.

The rest of the day consisted of Jonghyun bringing me from one class to another, before school finally had an end for the day.

“Thank you so much for your help today, Jonghyun-ssi!” I bowed again.

“I’m glad I could help,” he smiled again, “you should meet my friends some time, I’ll see you tomorrow,” he waved and walked to his car.

“Sure!” I waved back.

As finally got back home, the first thing I could think about was my bed, the soft mattress pressing against my tired body. I should definitely get myself a job, so that I’ll be able to buy myself a bike to ride for school, instead of walking that enormously long route.

That night I just lay on my bed watching the stars, as I thought about my first day in the new school. I really liked the teachers, and my classmates were friendly too. Especially... Jonghyun was his name, right? The guy, with the cute chubby cheeks, that looked like a dinosaur... Hehehehe~ ^-^
And then I went off to dreamland... (^w^)

 


 

Yay I updated! I've been thinking a lot about this fic lately, but I didn't reaaly find the time to update it... Because schoolwork doesn't let me... Stupid schoolwork! Anyways, I finally updated this...
I hope you won't be dissapointed by this chappie, since it's just in the beginning :)