All Brawn, Cute Brain

If SHINee Was Your Boyfriend

 

You’ve done it. There’s no going back. You made the greatest mistake ever. You fell, fell hard for the most popular boy in school. You always said how stupid it was seeing other girls drool over the “dream team” or as you called them, the snob mob. But there was something about Kim Jonghyung of SHINee that just made you want to smother him in kisses. Maybe it was his soft looking hair? Or his lovely pink smile? No, let’s face it, he was one rice ball of deliciousness and you wanted a bite out of that.

Ofcourse, you will never let your feelings show. What was the point? Not only that, you were slightly intimidated by Key, the diva of the group, who seemed to have an unusual attachment to Jonghyun. All you could was stare from afar, and oddly you were okay with that.

So when Jonghyun began to randomly follow you around school, it’s safe to say your reaction was far from calm.

“Why the hell are you following me?!” you blurted out as you slammed your locker closed, seeing a wide eyed Jonghyun leaning against the lockers. Okay, you probably could’ve handled that better. But this has been going on for the past three days and you wanted to get to the bottom of it.

“Uh..I wasn’t f-following you..” he said. “I’m not stupid, I notice you follow me to class and even to my bus.” You said. “Well that’s uh..I-” you were waiting for him to finish his sentence when the maknae of the group showed and gently grabbed Jonghyun’s arm. “Hyung, Key umma said it’s time to go home” he said. Next to Jonghyun, Taemin was the best looking, He looked at me and gave me a sweet smile, I couldn’t help but to smile back. Our exchange made Jonghyun tense up, and after flashing me a smile, he grabbed the maknaes’ arm and proceeded to walk towards the exit of the building. “Well that was weird..” you muttered and started to walk home.

Walking down the street you began to replay the incident today. “I wonder what Jongyun wanted to tell me.” You said. You unlocked the door to your apartment and greeted your parents. “you, why didn’t you tell us you were dating ?!” your umma asked. “Wait..wh-“ you were unable to finish your sentence because the glare from your appa was piercing your soul. Crap. “Don’t act like you don’t know what’s going on, a boy came here in his car and left these for you” umma said, pointing to the 12 dozen bouquet of pink roses. Your favorite flower in one expensive looking bouquet. Your mouth dropped a little as you walked over to it, taking a rose in your hand and smelling it, then letting it caress your cheek. They were nothing short from beautiful.

“I had a long day..I’ll take these upstairs” you said quickly and dashed to your room, leaving your parents drowning in curiosity. You placed your bouquet in a fresh vase of water and placed them near your window, where the light would hit them. You immediately became inspired. Even though your parents would never approve, you always had a passion for photography. You scanned your whole bedroom for you Nikon and practically attacked it before inspiration escaped you.

These were your favorite pictures

Looking closely at one of the pictures you noticed a small white dot on one of the roses. Raising your eyebrow you walked towards the bouquet again. There was small piece of paper tucked between the pedals of the flower. If you find this, come to my show tonight at your favorite coffee shop. –Jonghyung

Your heart immediately fluttered. He was an interesting one, that Kim Jonghyung. He purposely came to your house, KNOWING you wouldn’t be home and faced your parents head on with a bouquet of pink roses with a hidden message hoping you would find. But wouldn’t you seem too easy if you did as he says ? You could always pull the clueless bit and say you never found the message, but wouldn’t that disappoint his level of intelligence he has for you ? UGH. BOYS ARE SO COMPLICATED.

You made a big flop on your bed and dug your face in your pillow. The coffee shop was in walking distance, assuming that was the coffee shop he meant. It was a small, quiet place. But considering SHINee will be there tonight the place would probably be packed. You weren’t too fond of big crowds. You decided to text your best friend Yumi for advice.” Ofcourse you’re going ! this is so exciting ! I’ll walk with you okay ? See you at 7 >3<”. I guess that was that. You sighed and sat on the edge of the bed, reading the note a few more times. You’ve never been to a show before so maybe it would be fun. And even though you were aware of Yumi’s intense love for Onew, you wanted to believe her motives were sincere and see this as an opportunity to help her best friend, not to hook up with the leader.

Outfit after outfit, layer after layer. You wanted the perfect outfit that says “I’m cute but not easy” and even though you weren’t a fashion guru, your girl instinct kicked in and found a pretty cute outfit. Which looked like:

You even took the time to practice your winky and pouty faces because you were aware you aegyo . Before you knew it you heard a knock downstairs and practically ran out of your room, wanting to beat your parents to the door. Ofcourse, it was too late. Yumi was there and gave you a panicked glance. “Where are you going you?” umma asked. Oh nowhere, just going to see the boy who sent me those roses and I could potentially be in love with. “Out to the coffee shop” you responded. “Ah okay, becareful and don’t be home late” umma said. You shook your head in agreement and headed out. It was a complete lie atleast..

“Well don’t you look extra cute tonight” Yumi said. You weren’t the type to get all dressed up unless it was a special occasion. “Well, I might as well make the most of tonight” you responded “you don’t look so bad yourself” you added. “oh this old thing” Yumi said ruffling her tight, beige  sweater dress. “pft old, don’t lie, I know you went out and bought it for Onew oppa” I giggled. She blushed and twirled her hair. “He’s just so cute you” she said. “I know I know” you said giggling again. Yumi pouted and lightly pushed you. “I know you have a thing for Jonghyun oppa, hes totally your type !” she said. Ofcourse, she read me like a book and she was the only person I could tell my feeling about Jonghyun to. “I hope he doesn’t notice me” I lied. Yumi snickered “In that outfit it’s almost a guarantee.

You were right; the coffee shop had a mob outside of it. There was a single file line about 6 freakin miles long filled with screaming girls and their jealous boyfriends who were clearly dragged along. You and Yumi were about to walk to the back of the line when the big security guy stopped you. He was handsome, and wore a NewYork Yankees hat, a glitter vest and matching glitter boots. “Name please” he asked you. “Uh.. you” you answered. He glanced at his list and glanced back at you “this your guest?” he asked. You looked at Yumi and back at him and nodded. He pink mouth curved into a beautiful smile and he unhooked the chain, unblocking the entrance. “Welcome ladies” he said as he placed name tags over our heads. We turned them over and it read VIP SHINEE CONCERT. Yumi couldn’t contain her excited as she jumped up and down and squealed. I could barely hear her over the other loud screams. Dozens of people were standing in front of the stage, trying to get a peak of the show. Right now your main focus was food, you hadn’t realized you wasted your whole afternoon picking out an outfit and missed dinner. You held your stomach as it growled. You spotted the empty bakery counter and walked to it. The girl on shift was on her tippy toes, trying to see the show. She couldn’t take her eyes off the stage, even when you tapped on the counter. You ordered the usual plain coffee with a sweet sesame donut. Her gaze then shifted from the stage to your vip pass and you swore her jaw was going to break from how low it was hanging.

You sat at the table farthest from the stage and somehow, you had the perfect view. Then it was your jaw that was dropping. You sat just in time to witness Jonghyun’s solo.

Your breath was immediately taken away. This was a side you’ve never seen of him before. You have never heard SHINee song in your life, so you were not aware of his powerful, yet soothing angelic voice. Your mouth hung the entire 4 minutes he sang. And suddenly, all you wanted to do was see him.

Yumi found you sitting on the table, she was already sweating. “The concert is amazing ! don’t you think ??” she asked, You nodded and smiled. “hey are you okay ? you looked like you saw an angel or something” she said. OH, BUT I DID.

“I’m fine” you answered and made your way toward the crowd. You knew every inch of the place and could guess where the band was to cool off. You went towards the side of the stage and removed a curtain a bit, revealing a black door. Walking through you heard Jonghyun’s voice and started walking faster. You opened the door to the room and they all stared at you, obviously not awaiting your entrance. Ofcourse, since life hates you, you hadn’t preplanned what you were going to say once you came in. Jonghyun smiled warmly “I knew she was smart” he said. Key huffed and blatantly handed over 5 bucks to Minho. Did they seriously..- Before you could finish your thought, Taemin ran up to you. “I’m glad you came you” He gave you that beautiful smile and your heart melted. Jonghyun pulled Taemin’s extension and dragged the maknae out of the way. This made you giggle, and he suddenly became very shy. “D-did you enjoy the show?” he asked. “I did” you said “..especially the last performance” you added. Jonghyun blushed and stared gently into your eyes. The other members slowly walked out, all except for Key who had to be dragged out by Onew.

“I’m really glad you came you” Jonghyun said and a lock of your hair. Now you were the one blushing. “I have another note for you” he said as he reached into his pocket. You raised your eyebrow in confusion as he handed you a pink envelope sealed with a red sticker heart. “Open it” he said and smiled gently. You carefully peeled off the bottom half of the sticker, hoping it wouldn’t rip and slid out the note inside.

 

You smiled at the note and glanced up at him. You got on your tippy toes and placed your lips against his soft, pink mouth.

 

A/N

Hello everyone ! ^-^ sorry it took so long to update. School keeps me busy. Oh look at me, acting as if I have an entire audience to impress. Ha, anyway. It’s Jonghyun’s birthday<3 so I felt it would be appropriate to finish his story today. Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed n.n Please leave me comments telling me what you think. I also did this thing that the name of the reader appears when it's the "you" in the story, just mentioning it so it won't cause confusion. c: