Chapter 2

Fiction High ♬

Chapter 2: Case OO1

The class was left empty, leaving the group of twelve together. The girls all laid their eyes on the six boys who were across the room from them as they did the same. Although they were the most popular guys in the school, they didn’t know much about them nor did they want to have anything to do with them, leaving them on their guard.

After a few moments, Yoonji stood up, walked up to them and held out her hand. “Let’s try to get along while we are working on this case, neh?” she said with a serious tone.

Doojoon, the so called, ‘leader’ of Beast stood up and shook her hand. “Deal, as long as you don’t mess with us, we won’t mess with you.”

Eve scoffed softly as she walked up beside Yoonji, “So let’s start brainstorming over the clues.” she stated.

Agreements could be heard from the girls as they walked up to Yoonji and the guys, settling themselves on the chair nearer there so they can participate in the discussion.

“I don’t think we’ll need your help,” one of the guys remarked with a smirk playing on his lips as he glanced at everyone, his gaze landing on Eve whom he heard scoffing just now.

“I don’t think we need your help either, but too bad, the teacher had asked us to work together. it up Junhyung.” Eve remarked, shooting daggers through her glare at Junhyung.

Their mini verbal argument got the rest of the girls and boys looking at them with a puzzled expression when one of the arab looking guy stood up to the girls. Smiling, he bowed and extended a hand to Yoonji, “Annyeong, I am Dongwoon.”

“Ah, so you are Dongwoon. I’m Yoonji,” Yoonji grinned and shook his hand. She had heard a lot about this man in front of her and had always been in awed with his abilities.

“Yeah, so, what’s the timing for our chance at crime scene investigation?” The pixie looking like guy asked suddenly.

Chohee stared at her watch and answered, “In about 20 minutes. I think we get around 10 minutes to actually investigate.”

Seulki’s eyes sparkled with excitement. “I can’t wait until we go and solve this case!”

“Can’t wait? Are you crazy or something?!” Nina asked with a shocked expression. Dongwoon nodded in agreement, clearly afraid of dead bodies.

Yoseob ruffled Dongwoon’s hair and said with a smile, “They’re dead, they can’t even hurt you. Don’t worry too much!” Which only made him worry even more and clung on to the person nearest to him.

A guy laughed with an eye smile and said, “That sounds funny coming from your mouth, Seob.”

“Yah, I didn’t choose to have such a baby face, Kwang!” Yoseob exclaimed and pouted while all of a sudden Chohee seemed to be staring at Yoseob with a scrunched up face.

Noting that, Seulki burst out in laughter as she nudged Chohee’s side, “You must have mistaken him to be the one who would be scared like Nina didn’t you?” she teased.

Chohee merely kept silence while shaking her head.

Lan broke away from Dongwoon’s grip and appeared a little red “Yah!” she shouted, leaving the room technically silent once again since Eve and Junhyung’s bickering could still be heard.

Nina let out a strange, weak laugh before making the room awkward, saying, “Nice weather today...neh?”

Yoonji face palmed at Nina before saying, “Yah, all of you, be quiet for a bit” She was particularly aiming at Eve and Junhyung.

The room went completely quiet before Yoonji continued to speak. “We only have around 10 minutes left until we go in to check the body. Although some of you may not like what you see,” she said and glanced over at Dongwoon and Nina. “Try your best to gather as much evidence as possible, pay particular attention at the note the principal mentioned, ‘Game started’.”

Everyone nodded in agreement except for Junhyung.

“How about you ‘girls’ just stay out of our way and we’ll solve this case ourselves? And by ourselves, I mean Beast only. Sounds pretty fair to me,” Junhyung said with a cocky tone.

Doojoon hit him on the back of his head just when Eve was going to burst out at him. She held back what she was going to say and Doojoon motioned for Yoonji to continue speaking.

“And like I said earlier, let’s do our best to get along,” she said and glared at Junhyung.

Eve did the same, only she said, “By the way, we have names... We’re not just called ‘girls’” she said and rolled her eyes at him.

“Yeah, let's re-introduce ourselves yeah?” Nina agreed with a lighter tone as she attempted to brighten up the mood, “Anyway, I am Nina.” she said, bowing slightly.

“Yeah, and I am Seulki, while this is Chohee.” Seulki introduced herself as well while pointing to Chohee.

“I don’t think I need to introduce myself,” Eve said, folding her arms across her chest as she looked at Junhyung with distaste.

Yoonji nudged Eve and whispered, “Just try to get along. Even if it’s just for a while...”

“Aish...” Eve pouted before turning to the boys and bowed slightly. “I am Eve, nice to meet you,” She introduced herself with a smile.

“Ah, so you’re Eve! I know you!” Yoseob exclaimed with a bright smile on his face as he walked up and patted Eve’s head while she merely stared on at him in surprise.

“And, I am Yoonji. I hope we all will get along like I said earlier,” Yoonji said, holding back the urge to laugh at the expression Eve was having while being patted.

Lan then smiled shyly and bowed, "I am Lan," she said and blushed when she noticed Dongwoon grinning at her.

“Okay, so our turn to introduce ourselves,” Doojoon stated, “I am Doojoon, the leader of these boys,” he said while looking at Yoonji to which she returned the gaze with a smile.

The Guy with the eye smile then stepped up and bowed, "I am Kikwang," he introduced himself and ended it with a wink directed at Seulki who merely stared on at him.

“I am Hyunseung,” the pixie looking like guy introduced himself, not even bothering to look up from his phone.

“Ah, the prince,” Nina stated in awe while Hyunseung looked up at her upon hearing what she said.

“What prince?” He smirked with an eyebrow raised.

“A-ah... it’s nothing,” Nina stuttered, looking down again, cursing at herself for being such an awkward person.

“And I am Dongwoon!” Dongwoon exclaimed, cutting off Hyunseung’s chance to respond to Nina while bowing to the girls. The girls gladly bowed back, smiling at his friendly gesture while Junhyung looked on and scoffed, earning a glare from Eve.

“And I am,” Junhyung started introducing himself, a smirk playing on his lips as looked at Eve - who was trying to hold back a snarky remark - amusedly, “Junhyung.”

There was silence for a moment as each of them attempted to remember the other party’s name. For some, it was name of the person they had spent their entire school life hearing about and/or being in awe about, while for others, it was their first time.

Soon, Hyunseung’s voice broke the silence. “It’s time for the crime scene investigation.”

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Eevee- : So, we finally finished up this chapter *^* this chapter had been mainly written by yeobo while i added in snippets of stuff here and there. It is still mainly conversation and speaking wise because well.. we need to get the introductions done don't we. xD  anyway, I realise that while looking at the characters that we've chosen, Eve and Nina seemed to be the one who speaks up more while the rest... seulki and chohee seemed to be more cold -nods- i might let your character slowly warm up to the rest to speak up more because well I don't want to neglect any of the character here. So... I just rambled on again. xD <3 i love all of you.