Chapter 1

Fiction High ♬

Chapter 1: Case OO1

 

Students gathered around in the school’s hall. Whispers could be heard happening from all corners of the hall.

“Unnie, what do you think we’re gathered here for?” Eve asked while straining her neck to look over the crowd, giving up only when she felt the aching on her neck and pouted.

Yoonji stayed silent as she stared off into space, her mind far away on the text message that she had received earlier. What did it mean? She thought as she sighed again.

“Unni?” Eve cooed again, frowning when she noticed that Yoonji was not listening to her and turned away, her gaze landing on a group of boys which she had always look out for in the crowd; Infinite.


She continued staring at them until all of a sudden, a force from behind her caused her to fall flat down in front with whoever that bumped into her, laying on top of her.

“Ahn Nina!” Eve shouted when she realised who was lying on top of her and rubbed her forehead which had went red due to the impact.

“Ah, Sorry Eve, sorry!” Nina apologised as she hurriedly stood up, helping Eve up as well, sighing at her clumsiness again when she noticed that some people had turned around to look at them.

Eve clucked her tongue in frustration after she stood up and saw the people looking at them, “Yah, what is so fun to look at?!” She shouted, glaring at anyone who met her eyes.

“Eve, don’t shout anymore, it’s my fault for causing a commotion.” Nina tugged at Eve’s sleeve and look at the crowd apologetically.

“Aish, you have to be more careful understand Nina.” Eve berated Nina.

She was about to continue her rantings of how Nina had always bumped into people careless when suddenly a loud cough into the mic on stage caught her attention.


 

<:>


 

Chohee chuckled as she silently crept up behind Nina, tapping her on the left shoulder before sticking her head out on Nina’s right, causing the girl to jump from shock.

“Heemi!” Nina cried as softly as she could, gripping her chest from shock as she glared at the girl.
“Sorry Nina, I couldn’t resist.” Chohee laughed, positioning herself beside Nina before turning her attention to the speaker on stage.

“Everyone, can you hear me?” Their principal, Mr Lee, spoke as murmurs of yes came from the crowd.

“He is obviously dumb if he thinks we can’t hear it.” Seulki commented as she somehow appeared beside Yoonji, causing the rest to snicker at her comment.

“Okay, one of our students was involved in an unfortunate accident last night and regretfully, lost their life., The cause of death is still unknown but there was a note on the body, ‘Game started’” Mr Lee continued, pausing to look at the reaction from the students.

What was shocking was none of the students reacted ‘explosively’, probably because students had always study about deaths and methods of killing in class. After a minute or two, he continued.

“Students will be split up into groups of 12 by Ms Kim and set out to investigate this case. The group that solves the case first will receive special rewards and recommendation for the national spy department from me.” That definitely set topic for the crowd as people started discussing about who they might be paired with and how they will definitely solve this case.

Mr Lee smiled happily to himself when he saw how the students were getting worked up about wanting to solve the case before a loud cough from the corner of the Hall interrupted him and silenced the crowd again. Ms Kim then started walking up the stage, the clanking of her heels against the polished floor echoing loud in the hall.

“None of you,” She started, gazing across the whole student body before curving her lips up into a smile.

“I swear, that smile is so creepy.” Eve whispered to Nina with a shiver. Nina nodded in agreement before she continued speaking.

“None of you will be able to choose your partners, I have already finished assigning the groups and you all will get to know which group you belong to once you returned to the class.” Ms Kim continued, her eyes kept glancing across the student body, as if daring any of them to oppose to what she said.

When no response was received from the student body, she continued, “Go back to your class now. Each of the groups will be assigned a time slot for you to visit the crime scene. Be punctual.”


 

<:>

 

 

The 5 girls made their way down the hallway, strolling and taking their time to go to the classroom.

“Someone died? I wonder what happened,” Seulki wondered aloud, unable to hide her happiness that they were given such a case.

“Seulki ah, you are really saddistic.” Nina frowned, noticing the gleeful look Seulki had on her face.

“Well, things are really starting to get boring around here you know,” Seulki responded.

Chohee merely smiled and stayed silent while Eve and Yoonji both drifted away into their own world as they entered the classroom.

“Lan!” Nina called as she rushed to the girl who sat by the window, causing her to look up with a grin as she took in the 5 girls who had just entered the classroom.

“Oh, you guys are back. What did i miss?” Lan asked, propping her head up on her hand as she stared expectantly at the girls.

“Yah, you should have joined us in the assembly, you know.” Yoonji scolded as she spoke up for the first time that afternoon.

“Oh, Unnie, I thought you went mute or something. Why were you so quiet?” Eve asked, finally snapping out of her daze when she heard Yoonji’s voice.

“Aniyo! I was just thinking about something.” Yoonji answered. She then hurriedly went on to explain to Lan what the principal had said before Eve could say anything else. As more and more people started to fill in the class around them, it was not long before their homeroom teacher arrived.

“Good afternoon Ms Jung.” The class greeted in unison.

“Afternoon class. I’m sure all of you guys are excited about the announcement during assembly and all wondering which groups that you have been put into,” she said once everyone has settled down.

Excited expressions could be seen from the students faces as Ms Jung held up a piece of paper with several names on it.

“Now, once i announced your group, please send a representative as your leader and come up to get your time slot for your group’s crime scene investigation.” Ms Jung continued as the class quickly nodded in response.

Ms Jung started announcing the names and groups when finally, there was only 12 people left in the room. Tension could be felt as the girls turned to glare at the remaining guys.

“Of course, you 6 girls will be paired with Beast!” Ms Jung exclaimed happily.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

-Eevee- : I hope you guys like it, i wrote it out from my writers blocked mind xD