Final

The Bridge

 

     Key sat on the edge of the bridge. His legs hung over the edge through the black bars. He sat there contemplating whether he should or shouldn’t.  Would they care? Probably not. Not after what he had done.  He tapped his head on the metal stripes in shame. He wished he could go back, before all this happened. Maybe he could run away, to that magical place named America. No one would ever find him there. Maybe they would forget, eventually, but what if they didn’t. The horror pulsed through his veins. The decision was made. He got up and dusted his pants. He grabbed Taemin’s backpack (The one he had stolen.), and emptied it. He walked down the bank of the river. He began the daunting task of filling the backpack with rocks, each rock leading him closer to death. The task was over.

     He treaded up to the bridge, each step heavier than the previous as the hill steepened. He trudged to the center of the structure. Backwards or forwards. Backwards he decided. This way I don’t have to watch myself fall to death, I’ll just feel. The tears started streaming down the side of his face. Maybe if I wait for five more seconds, someone will save me.  5…4…3… He shut his eyes, prepared to fall. He leaned back, setting himself off balance. …1.

     As he fell, he saw Taemin’s beautiful face. He reached out. He didn’t know if he was imagining or not. One by one each members’ face popped up; Minho. Onew… His back hit the water. One last face showed, his Jonghyun. The water started to pierce his lungs. Each breath stung more than the first. He felt light headed. I hope they’re happier. The tenseness in his eyes escaped. The he was gone.