come alive with me

forgive me, one who loved me

She felt numb. Everything in her body felt numb but somehow she could still feel the pain that was coming in unbearable waves.

 

“Yuri! Are you okay?! Stay with me Yuri, stay with me!” She didn’t recognize the voice. She had no idea who it was but it was somewhat comforting.

 

“I’m calling 911!” Yuri closed her eyes and hoped that sleep would stop the pain.

 

---

 

When she opened her eyes again, things were a lot calmer. She saw a lot of white and she could hear a faint beeping. She knew where she was, but not really why she was there.

 

She looked to the side and saw people. She didn’t recognize them at all but it seemed like they knew who she was.

 

“Yuri, you’re up!” One of them got up and ran to her bedside. “How are you feeling?”

 

“Uh… I’m okay… I’m sorry but who are you?”

 

The girl’s face went blank and her eyes seemed void of any emotion. She looked like she was about to cry.

 

“It’s me, Taeyeon…? Don’t you remember? Your best friend since we were babies? Yuri don’t joke.” Yuri could see the tears forming on the girls face and could feel nothing but sympathy.

 

“Sorry Taeyeon, but I don’t remember.”

 

---

 

“It seems like she can’t remember things because of the impact of the windshield on her head. The memory loss is most likely temporary, but in some rare cases it’s permanent. Hopefully in Yuri’s case, it will only last for a few months. For now, just wait it out.”

 

“Thank you Doctor Kim.” As the doctor left, the woman who claimed to be Yuri’s mother walked over to her bedside and sighed.

 

“I guess you won’t be remembering anything for a while.” She took Yuri’s hand in her own. “Where does it hurt?”

 

“My chest hurts a lot, and so do my legs…” Yuri hated to be weak like this. If she could, she would have gotten up and walked out of the hospital. She hated having her life depend on some IV and a heart monitor. “Mom, I’m really sorry I don’t remember you.”

 

“It’s okay,” she replied with a smile. “You saved that girl’s life. Her family will be eternally thankful. You did something that only heroes do.”

 

“Hello?” Yuri and her mom looked to the voice and Yuri saw the most beautiful girl she’s every seen standing right in front of her.

“Oh, Tiffany, come in!” Yuri’s mom told her. “I think I’ll give you two some time alone. I’m going to go get coffee.” Tiffany thanked her as Yuri’s mom left the room. When she looked at Yuri, all she felt was pain. She wished she was the one who was feeling the pain that Yuri was feeling.

 

“Hi Yuri.”

 

“Hi, you’re name is Tiffany? How do you know me?” It was then that Tiffany lost it. All the tears that she held in were now coming out. She tried to choke back a sob but that only made it come out louder. Who was she kidding? She was in pain; the love of her life didn’t remember her.

 

“Tiffany, why are you crying?” Yuri didn’t know why, but she wanted to cry Tiffany’s tears for her. There was some bond between them that she couldn’t explain and all she wanted was to protect Tiffany. “Please don’t cry. You’re too beautiful.”

 

“Yuri… I’m your girlfriend.”

 

---

 

“So, you really can’t remember anything?” Yuri and Tiffany were lying on the bed, hands intertwined. 

 

“I can’t. It’s weird right? But with you, I felt this strange connection. Something was different about you.” Yuri brushed her hands through Tiffany’s hair and smiled. “You were the only one I felt genuinely happy seeing.”

 

“You’re still sweet even with your memory gone,” Tiffany remarked. “Look, it’s pretty late and I have to get home. I’ll be back tomorrow, okay?”

 

“Okay.” Tiffany got off the bed and left. Yuri had a long day and she felt really tired so she hoped that she could get some rest. She got comfortable and closed her eyes only to finally succumb to sleep.

 

“Yuri, where are we going?” Tiffany asked. Yuri was pulling her towards the covered roof of her apartment building.

 

“Relax Tiffany. Just breathe, okay?” She smiled as blindfolded-Tiffany sighed.

 

“Fine.”

 

They walked up flights of stairs (very carefully) and they finally got to the top.

 

“We’re here.” Tiffany took off her blindfold and saw rose petals leading to a couch, which was covered by a skylight. She saw candles that helped illuminate the night sky, which was decorated by scattered stars. She was speechless.

 

“Come on,” Yuri said as she pulled her towards the couch. “I’ve wanted to bring you here for a while, but I never got the courage.”

 

“The stars are really pretty tonight.”

 

“Yeah,” Yuri replied, only looking at Tiffany. “They’ve always been gorgeous.”

 

Tiffany didn’t know how to react. No one had ever done this for her before.

 

“I’ve also wanted to sing you this song, but never had courage. So here I go.” Yuri got out her guitar and started playing.

 

Your hand it fits
Perfect in mine
The world has stopped
And so has time

Cause we're so in love
We're so in love
We're so in love

Ooooh...

City lights cloudy skies
Slow dance in the rain
Won't forget how it sounds
When you say my name

So we save the best
For last tonight
A simple hug and kiss goodnight
As all of the angels sing our song
Heaven and earth join to sing along
And we're so in love
And we're so in love
And we're so in love

I'm turning the tables
I'm changing the time
I'll do anything just to keep you mine
You're one of the angels yeah it's true
I'm standing in heaven when I'm with you

We're so in love
We're so in love
We're so in love

I love the way that you say my name
I love the way that you hold my hand

Like we're so in love
Cause we're so in love
Yeah we're so in love”

 

“Yuri, you’re amazing.”

 

“Tiffany, I want to confess… I’m completely in love with you. I love you.”

 

“I love you too.” They closed the distance between them and let their lips meet.

 

Yuri opened her eyes and was surrounded by darkness. She the lamp beside her and grabbed her phone. Searching through the contacts, she finally found the one that she wanted.  She dialed the number and put the phone to her ear. Her heart raced and completely stopped when she heard a husky “hello” on the other line.

 

“I know it’s late, but can you come over, quick? Tiffany, I remember everything. I’m in love with you.”

 

 

The end.

 

 

thanks for reading everyone! please check out my other fic as well!