part 1

forgive me, one who loved me

 

“I swear, you’re like the luckiest person on earth.” Tiffany laughed. She didn’t consider herself to be the luckiest person on earth. She just thought she was extremely fortunate compared to other people. She had everything she wanted.

 

“I’m not the luckiest person on earth, you’re pretty lucky yourself Jessi.”

 

“I don’t know,” Jessica said. “I mean you have Yuri! She’s like… so good to you. It makes me jealous sometimes.” Tiffany glared at her.

 

“Hey, have you forgotten that you have an amazing girlfriend too?”

 

“No,” Jessica replied while sighing. “I love Taeyeon with all my heart, but I wish she was as sweet as Yuri!”

 

Tiffany thought about it. Jessica did have a point. Yuri was everything that Tiffany could ever want. Yuri was like Tiffany’s knight in shining armor, arriving in Tiffany’s most difficult time of distress.

 

Flashback: Valentines Day of last year

 

“Okay, and when I send the signal, you better do your job and do what I asked! Make sure you hold the signs correctly or else I’m not giving you dinner!” Yuri barked her orders to the other girls as she nervously paced throughout the room

 

“Yuri, calm down! It’ll be fine. I’m sure she’ll say yes.” Taeyeon comforted.

 

“How can you even be so sure? What if she likes someone else? Oh just thinking about that just makes me want to die!” Yuri pouted. She sat down on a desk and rested her head on her hand. “I don’t know what I’d do without her.”

 

“Relax Yuri. I know everything will be okay,” Yoona said while patting her back. 

 

“Thanks guys.”

 

“Yeah, don’t worry!” Sooyoung added. “And even if it doesn’t work out, you’ll always have food!”

 

The last thing Yuri heard before she tuned everything else out was the sound of Sooyoung’s groan and a bunch of slaps.

 

--

 

“Hey Tiffany, can you come somewhere with me?” Tiffany looked up from her homework. She thought her heart would explode out of her chest at the sight of who she saw.

“Sure Yuri! Where to?”

 

“The science room, I forgot to turn something in.”

 

“Alright, let’s go.”

 

--

 

The walk up the stairs was extremely awkward. Neither of them knew what to say. Yuri tried wiping the sweat off her hands while trying to calm her irregularly beating heart.

 

“Uh Yuri? Where are we going? These stairs don’t lead anywhere anymore.”

 

“I know… Just uh… Just trust me, okay?” She smiled gently as she led Tiffany to the empty 5th floor.

 

They sat at the top of the stairs in silence.  They both stole quick awkward glances at each other and secretly smiled as they realized they were both looking at each other.

“Woah, look at that!” Yuri pointed at something in the sky and rushed over to the balcony.

 

“What, I don’t see—“ Tiffany looked down and saw a message in painted signs saying ‘Will you be my girlfriend? <3’. She looked back at Yuri and saw she was kneeling on the ground with a rose in her hand.

 

“Tiffany Hwang, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Tiffany wiped her tears as she embraced Yuri while nodding. It was her best Valentine’s Day yet.

 

---

 

Tiffany smiled as she opened her locker. She reached in and grabbed the millionth note that Yuri probably left. Yuri had done this all week; leaving sweet notes in Tiffany’s locker for the other girl to find and read. She opened it and read it. “Beautiful princess, where have you been all my life? I swear I’ll marry you someday.” She smiled to herself.

 

 

“Do you like it, gorgeous?” Tiffany jumped and saw Yuri standing next to her. She slapped Yuri in the arm and laughed.

 

“Hey, don’t scare me like that!”

 

“Are you saying you don’t like it?” Yuri pouted as she took the books Tiffany was holding and placed them in her locker for her.

 

“No no, I love it!” Tiffany replied. “I was just scared out of my mind.” She explained while taking out the books she needed. Yuri took them for her as Tiffany closed her locker and they started walking to her next class.

 

“Okay, well good!” Yuri said. “Oh, and here.” She stopped walking and pulled out a rose from her jacket.

 

“What’s this for?” Tiffany asked while taking and smelling it.

 

“For being gorgeous?” Yuri laughed as Tiffany hugged her. She could smell Tiffany’s hair and just being close to her could trap Yuri in an eternal trance.

 

“Thank you.” They pulled out of the hug and kept walking.

 

“Oh, by the way, I won’t be able to come over until later tonight. I have track practice and coach wants me to try out the new hurdles.”

 

“It’s okay, I’ll just see you later then?” Tiffany asked as they approached her class.

 

Yuri nodded and gave Tiffany her books as she walked into the room.

 

---

 

“Track practice was killer!” Taeyeon said while limping home. “My thighs are going to hurt for days.”

 

Yuri laughed and silently agreed. The hurdles that her coach wanted her to try were a bit higher than usual for her.

 

“Well, at least you didn’t have to do core workouts! I don’t even get why we do those,” Hyoyeon complained. “This is running! Do we even use our core?”

 

“Duh!” Yoona argued.

 

“What do you know?” Hyoyeon whipped back. “You were eating ice cream the whole time!”

 

“My ankle is injured!”

 

“Sure Yoona…” Sooyoung said. “Why were you at practice again?”

 

“Because I--- Guys! That girl! She’s about to get hit!” They all looked over onto the street and saw a little girl chasing her ball into a busy road. A truck was headed in her direction and it seemed like the driver couldn’t see her at all.

 

“Holy crap, Yuri don’t!” Before they all knew it, Yuri had dropped her bags and ran over to the girl. She pushed the girl out of the way onto the soft grass covered sidewalk. As she moved the girl out of the way, the truck crashed into her and her body hit the windshield, breaking the glass. The truck came to an abrupt halt, and it threw Yuri’s body onto the hard pavement. The last thing she saw before everything went black was Tiffany’s smiling face.