First Day of School

Unwillingly Pledged to an Angel

 

I woke up the next morning and opened the closet door. Since the closet wasn’t very big, my bed took up the whole room. I looked into my parents’ room and saw that they were no longer in their bed. I quickly got out of bed and changed into my uniform. I brushed through my hair and grabbed my book bag. I quickly walked out to the kitchen to see my mom putting some food on the little table.

“Good morning Sweetheart!” my mom greeted and I smiled as I sat down to eat my breakfast.

“Good morning mom!” I said before quickly scarfing down my breakfast. She laughed at how fast I was eating my food.

“Slow down or you’re gonna choke!” my mom joked and I just laughed.

“I will be just fine.” I said to my mom as she grabbed the now empty plate from me to wash it. I looked at the time and stood up from my chair. “Well mom, I am going to go to school now.” I told her and she quickly hugged me.

“Ok, see you later. Have a great day!” she said and I smiled.

“See you later and I will try.” I said before grabbing my bag and walking out the door of our house.  Since I didn’t have a car or a bike, I had to walk the five blocks to the school.  As I walked to school, I marveled at how beautiful the town was. It was prettier than the little broke down town we used to live in.

As I neared the school, I couldn’t help staring in awe. The school was so big and looked really expensive. I couldn’t help feeling ashamed as I looked at all the fancy cars and the people who looked like models in their uniforms. I felt so plain and I wished I could just disappear. I quickly walked into the school with my head down so that I didn’t look around with an open mouth.

“Are you new here?” I heard someone ask. I turned around to see a girl with long dark brown hair.

“Yeah,” I answered and she nodded. 

“Cool, well I’m Yuni and you are?” the girl asked holding out her hand. I smiled and shook her hand.

“I’m Kyunghee, nice to meet you!” I greeted and she smiled.

“It’s nice to meet you too!” she said and we started walking.

“So, can you show me to the office please?” I asked and she nodded.

“Of course; by the way, aren’t your parents friends with the owners of the school?” Yuni asked and I nodded.

“Yeah, my mom went to college with Mrs. Park. I’m not sure how my dad knows Mr. Park though.” I said and she nodded.

“Have you ever met their son before?” Yuni asked getting excited and I looked at the ground.

“Actually no, I didn’t know they even had a son.” I said and Yuni looked at the ground with a sad face.

“Oh, I was just thinking it would be interesting if you did. It would make you like the most liked person in this school…..well besides him.” Yuni said and I laughed.

“I think I am just fine not being the most liked person.” I said and Yuni smiled.

“Then that means I get to keep you as a friend!” Yuni exclaimed and I laughed.

“Yes of course! You seem like the perfect best friend type.” I said and Yuni smiled happily. We stopped in front of the office and pointed towards the door.

“Well, here is the office. I will wait here for you.” She said and I smiled.

“Ok, thanks.” I said as I turned around and walked into the office. I went over to the desk and the lady looked up at me.

“You must be the new student, Kyunghee. Here is your schedule and your student handbook.” The lady said handing my stuff to me. I grabbed then and bowed.

“Gomawo,” I said before leaving the office. Yuni looked at me and smiled.

“Let me see your schedule!” Yuni said and I giggled as I handed it to her. “Oh my gosh! We have all the same classes!” Yuni exclaimed happily and I smiled.

“Really?! That’s so awesome!” I exclaimed and she giggled happily,

“I know right! We better get to class!” Yuni said as she dragged me to class. When we got in the classroom, the class was almost full. Yuni ran over to her seat and sat down. The teacher came over to me to tell me where I would sit. 

“Good morning Kyunghee, please take a seat next Yuni since you seem to know her already.” The teacher said and I quickly walked over to the seat and sat down. Then class started and I made sure to copy down all the notes. Up until lunch, it was the same thing in every class I went to.

~At lunch~

“Wow, do those girl treat you like that every day?” I asked Yuni and she nodded as we sat down to eat our lunch.

“Yeah, it’s just because I’m not rich like the rest of them. Plus they always yell at me for talking to Ryeowook. They really have no reason to yell at me but they always tell me to stay away from him.” Yuni said looking at the table and I sighed.

“That is so stupid! They have no business telling you what to do!” I said and she nodded a little.

“But they still do.” She said as someone walked up and sat down next to her.

“Hey Yuni.” A pale skinny guy with dark hair said.

“Hey Ryeowook.” Yuni said smiling. I tried not to giggle.

“Looks like you met the new girl.” Ryeowook said  and Yuni smiled.

“Yep and she is awesome!” Yuni said and Ryeowook smiled.

“Cool.” Ryeowook said. He turned to look at me with a smile. “Annyeong, I’m Ryeowook, as you already know.” He said and I smiled.

“Annyeong, I’m Kyunghee.” I greeted and he reached his hand out and I shook it.

“It’s nice to meet you Kyunghee!” he said.

“It’s nice to meet you too Ryeowook!” I said and he smiled then looked at Yuni.

“Well, as much as I would like to stay, I have to eat with my friend and his new girlfriend.” Ryeowook said and we both nodded.

“See you later.” Yuni said as Ryeowook stood up.

“See you Yuni. Oh, and Kyunghee, don’t get too caught up in drama.” Ryeowook said and I nodded.

“Don’t worry, I won’t. See you!” I said and he smiled.

“See you.” Then he left to go eat with his friend.  I looked at Yuni who staring after Ryeowook.

“You like him.” I muttered and she blushed.

“So?” she said and I laughed. 

“Nothing, but you two look cute together.” I said and she blushed even redder. I started eating and was done before she was.  They sat in the cafeteria for the rest of lunch talking and laughing. 

~Later after school ended~

“Yuni, I would like to hang out today but my parents say they have something important to tell me and they need me to meet them right away.” I said and Yuni looked down with a sad face.

“Ok, but at least text me later.” Yuni said and I smiled.

“Don’t worry, I will. Maybe we can hang out tomorrow!” I said and she smiled.

“Ok, I will be looking forward to that.” She said as I grabbed my bag and walked to the front doors.

“Good. Bye, see you tomorrow!” I said as we walked out of the school. She held her arms out for a hug and I quickly hugged her back.

“Ok, bye! Tomorrow shall be fun!” Yuni said before walking off towards the bus. I smiled as I walked over to where my parents were waiting in the car. I quickly got in and was handed something. I looked to see a pretty blue dress and some pretty blue shoes.  

 

“What are these for?” I asked surprised.

“I know we are in the car, but put those on.” My mom said and I quickly put them on

“Why do I have to wear these?” I asked and my mom shook her head.

“We are going to meet someone. I will tell you when we get there.” My mom said and leaned back in my seat while we drove to our destination.