....Do I Really Look Ugly When I Cry?

I Feel Something When You're Around

  Doojoon's POV

     It was Saturday evening, and after much pursuasion I finally got Lily to agree with going to Hongdae. I did feel bad about lyeing to her dad though.

"Oppa, you need to concentrate on your work."

"Mian~ I'll probably do the rest tomorrow night, my brain is tired." Naeun was helping me with my homework. I hadn't told her that I was planning on going to a club with a fake ID, she just thought we were going to an arcade like usual. She never really liked hanging out with the guys like Lily. "Naeunie, why don't you want to hang out with us tonight. It's not gonna be fun without you." I pulled her closer to me. My chin rested on her shoulder as I held her waist. She always smelled of sweet pastries.

"Oppa. I don't get along with them you know that. It'll be weird being the only girl there." 

"What do you mean? Lily's going too. I would love for the two most important girls to get closer." Naeun pulled my arms off, and reached for her bag. "Waegeurae?"

"Do I even have to say it? You know how I feel about her. She's not really my type of person." She said in disgust.

"Well if she's not your type of person, then I must not be either. Lily, and I are practically the same people." Lily was my closest friend hands down. We could always tell eachother everything. We had a connection nobody could understand.

"That is not true. Trust me I wouldn't be here if it was." There she went again acting as if she were better than, Lily. "She's just not my type of person."

"You're indirectly saying that I'm not your type of person."

"Mwoh? Of course not. Oppa I love you." She looked at the floor when she said that. She could never look me in the eye, and say it.

"What is it that you love about me?"

"Well...you're manly, and umm...handsome..." She couldn't think of anything else. Not one thing.

"Son Naeun. I love you because you're beautiful, smart, kind..." My hand cuffed her soft cheek. "Why can't you say things like that? Why does every reason you like me have to be a physical thing?" I could feel her cheek heating up under my palm.

"Oppa. I have to go now..bye." She gave my the usual peck on the lips, and scurried away. Leaving me to my thoughts. Deep down I knew she didn't love me like I loved her, but I couldn't accept it. I had to try harder to get her to see me a different way. A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts. 

"Nuguseyo?"

"It's noona." I got up, and opened the door for Doori, my big sister. "Where did you say you guys were going to hang out tonight? Lily's father wanted to make sure." She asked holding the phone to her ear. It was just like her dad to call ahead, even though we go out every weekend to the same places.

"Umm we're going to an arcade..." I felt bad about lyeing to him. Hopefully Doori couldn't tell the truth through my eyes. She hung up the phone, and took a seat on my bed.

"Doojoon-ah I can tell when you're lyeing. Tell noona where you guys are really going." She said patting the spot next to her. I took a seat still looking at the ground.

"I told you we're going to an arcade..."

"Listen whatever you guys have planned...just be careful alright?" My eyes shot up to meet hers. If she knew I was lyeing why didn't she yell at me, or tell eomma? "I was young once, I know what its like." She laughed.

"Oh...gomawo noona."

"Just make sure you watch over Lily."

"Lily? Why Lily?"

"Yah, this kid. What do you mean why Lily? You know how much her dad worries about her...and I know you worry about her too...right?"

"Well yeah she's my best friend I would never let anything happen to her..."

"Doojoon-ah why are you still seeing that Naeun girl? Something's not right about her. You do like Lily don't you?" How did Doori know all of this?!? I never told anyone!!

"Mwoh? Noona~ stop talking about my love life. It's embarassing~"

"Aigoo~ ok. Just be careful tonight." She gave me a kiss on the head, and left. Doori had a motherly feeling about her. I was interrupted again by another knock.

"Doori! I said I didn't want to talk about Lily! Aish, chincha!"

"Mwoh?!" Lily threw the door open. "What did you say?!"

"Umm I said I didn't want to walk around a tree...."

*SILENCE*

"Umm..what are you doing here?"

"Nothing...Doojoon-ah why are you acting so strange? Are you sick?" She asked while playing with my soccer ball.

"I wish she played soccer.." I found myself say.

"Nugu?"

"Naeun...I wish she played soccer." I realized that I wished Naeun had a lot of the qualities Lily had.

Lily's POV

"Naeun...I wished she played soccer." Did he say that because I was playing with his soccer ball?

"Doojoon-ah waegeurae?" I jumped onto the bed, and sat next to him feeling his forehead. He had been deep in thought ever since I got there. I was getting worried. 

"Lily, do you love me?"

"Mwoh?!?" I started choking on air.

"As a friend?" He continued.

"Oh..yeah I love you as a friend." And more than that. "You're funny, you get me, you've always been there for me too. Even when my mom died you were always there when I started crying. It was weird I never even called you over, you just knew when to come..." I could go on forever with reasons why I loved Doojoon. He was smart, handsome, caring, he cooked great food, we had the same interests, and hobbies.

"I love you too Lily, as a friend." He grabbed me into a hug that I wasn't expecting. In a matter of seconds my eyes started watering. Maybe it was the fact that this moment was so perfect, but not at the same time. It was like my wish had came true, but it wasn't how I wanted it to happen. At the end of the day he still loved Naeun, and she was the girl he wanted to be with, not me. And it felt like crap. I let out a sniffle by accident, and Doojoon immediately pulled out of our hug.

"Yah, waegeure!" He said wiping my tears away. "Lily..most girls look cute when they cry, but it doesn't suite you..uljima." Alright he had no idea how to make a girl feel better, but oddly enough what he said did make me feel better. It made me laugh.

"Jerk." I chuckled punching him litely.

"...you look just like her you know?" He smiled my hair.

"Nugu?"

"Your mom, you have her green eyes, and her smile. That's the main thing I remember about her."

"Yeah. I guess..." Talking about my mom brought back so many memories. Like the time she took Doojoon, Junhyung, my brother, and I to Lotte World.

"I worry about that."

"About what?"

"About forgetting her...every day it gets harder, and harder to see her in my mind."

"Naw. That's not gonna happen Lily trust me." 

"....Do I really look ugly when I cry?" I asked trying to change the subject.

"Yeah! You're hidious!" He said sarcastically. "...No I'm just kidding...you look kind of adorable."

Ok now that brought my day back to a great one!

------------------------------------

Wow I really at endings lol. Anywho I hope you liked it, and please subscribe, and comment. In the words of Gikwang bye-yeom