My sweet tiger

Something to tell your children about

You quickly spotted him in front of a mirror, having his makeup touched up. He saw you approaching from the reflection on the mirror, and he’s not smiling. Uh-oh, you think – this can’t be good. The thing with Seunghyun is that he never yells at you when he’s angry, he would just glare at you and make your bones jump from your skin. You can decipher his emotional states through only his eyes. The degrees of softness and seriousness in his eyes can tell you a lot.

You rub the nape of his neck and squeeze his hands as you approach him at the makeup desk. He didn’t even turn to look at you and your heart dropped. A quiet, timid sorry is all you can mutter at that moment and it’s met with an eerie silence, above the buzzing crowd.

 “You’re late.” His words fall like a million bricks on your heart. You feel like crying because you hate it when he’s in one of his dark moods, and this time it’s even because of you.

“I woke up late, the alarm didn’t go off until 1PM, and I had to take care of something else too before I can make my way here. I had to go see a doctor and I even made Melissa almost miss the concert. I’m really sorry, this won’t happen again. It wasn’t on purpose….”

Your rushed explanation was put to a halt by him grabbing to your wrist.

“Why did you have to go see a doctor? Are you hurt anywhere?” He quickly got up and swiftly grabs both of your shoulders turning you around to see if he can bandages or other things.

“No no I am not hurt. No….” You words trail off as you can’t hold a grin from breaking out on your face. The familiar excitement visits your heart again.

He looks into your face with a concerned yet confused expression, waiting for your further explanation. All you could come up with is a giggle because nothing tickles you more than a concerned look on your husband’s face. He knotted his brows and tilted his head to one side, still confused over your reaction.

“Nothing’s wrong, sweetheart. Are you all ready to rock the stage tonight?” Your eyes twinkled as you imagine him standing before the big crowd of VIPs, doing what he does best – being BIGBANG. He nodded slowly, letting go of your shoulders and sits down in front of the mirror, checking his looks for the umpteenth time, you bet. You place a hand on his knees and leaned over to look at his face. You can tell that he’s avoiding your eyes. No matter how amazing everyone thinks he is, your husband, Choi Seunghyun always thinks that he can never be the best. He’s always this nervous before going on stage even after 6 years of being a performer.

“You’re my superstar, you know that, right?” A slow genuine smile spreads across your face when he finally looks at you. His expression softens and the smile caught on him, too. He laced his fingers between yours and you gave them a little squeeze.

“Hyung, we need to get in position.” The young leader’s gentle but strict voice breaks the silence between you two. The silence that both of you have grown comfortable to no matter what goes on in the background. Seunghyun jumped out of his seat when he heard Jiyong’s voice, and his sudden action makes you jump a little too. Letting go of his hands, you quickly wrap your arms around his stiff body and you kissed him on the shoulder. A weird place for a kiss, but you’re still too embarrassed to smooch him on the appropriate place with all these people around. He thinks that it’s a cute thing that you do and it makes him chuckle.

“Go get ‘em, my sweet tiger.” Your vocabulary is rich with nicknames for him and he enjoys every single one of it. He gave a small nod, and as soon you let go of him, he’s shuffled away by bodyguards and runners and all the other BIGBANG members. You feel a tiny hint of being out of place, but you’re reminded of how you belong in his heart, and quickly that menacing feeling fades away.