Chapter 2

My Counsellor

"You're attending counselling in 3 days' time."

You dropped your fork at your mom's words, making sure a loud "Clank!" sound could be heard throughout the kitchen. You then proceeded to give your parents a disbelieving look. They continued eating their breakfast, unfazed by your actions. Your mom glanced at your dad and continued, "Come straight home after school on that day."

"Don't ever think it's gonna have any effect on me." You muttered coldly.

Since you lost your non-existent appetite completely, you decided that leaving the house at that moment was better than staying there listening to their crap. Leave the house you did, ignoring the disapproving look they had on while you grabbed your schoolbag and the test results' paper from the counter, left the kitchen and headed out the door.
 

"Finally~" Your form teacher remarked when you entered the class and handed her the paper, along with your late-coming slip. You sat down at your desk at the back of the class, ignoring the sarcastic tone you were just greeted with.

"Mind telling me why you were late?" She questioned.

"No reason." You replied nonchalantly amid the snickers directed at you from your classmates. Bored with the attention, you stared out the window.

As soon as you stepped out of the house , you decided you weren't in the mood for school yet. Therefore you made your way to a nearby park and simply sat on a bench like a loner with only your iPod to keep you entertained. Only an hour later did you lazily get up and dragged your heavy feet to school.

A familiar voice calling out your name made you turn away from the window. You saw your bestfriend, Kim Sunggyu, heading towards his desk with a smile directed at you. You noticed your teacher watching, yet you ignored her.

"How'd it go?" He settled down beside you.

You gave him a "You think?" look. He pretended to think for awhile before replying.

"They took your phone, didn't they?" That earned him a wide-eyed stare from you. So he continued, "I texted you, but you didn't reply. And when I saw you this morning, your phone wasn't in your hand."
 

YOUR POV

I chuckled. He sure knew me best. Everywhere I went, I would never let go of my phone. Then I realised something.


"Yah you saw me yet you didn't call out to me?! I would've cheered up already if you did..." I swatted his arm playfully, then pouted. I could see his sheepish blush. 'Ain't that cute~' I resisted the urge to pinch his fluffy cheeks as I thought that.

"I was with a group of guys. I knew you'd feel uncomfortable if their attention were on you, so I didn't call out. Sorry about that..." He explained, looking down guiltily.

That did the trick. I gave in and pinched his cheeks, earning an annoyed scowl from him as he rubbed his now painful red cheeks.

"Not my fault you looked totally cute... and being so sweet~" I stuck my tongue out at him.

Suddenly remembering the reason for my cranky mood, I leaned back, shaking my head. I told him, "No need to be sorry. Really." I assured him before continuing, "They also told me I'd be attending counselling in 3 days' time. Sigh..." I shuddered, unable to bear the thought of it. 

The expression on his face was an unreadable one. He didn't give me the sorry look I was expecting. In fact, he seemed to be grinning, and frowning at the same time, if that was even possible. I would've been able to question him about it if that annoying teacher of ours didn't interrupt us at that moment, to which I could only roll my eyes in annoyance. Why? Because she freaking told us, "Keep on talking and you'll be down for detention." Damn that witch.

It used to pique my interest why she was so against me. Because I kept failing her subjects? Or was it because she'd grown tired of teachers complaining about me skipping classes? I tried asking her once, but she stayed quiet. In fact, it seemed as if she was ignoring me. Oh well, I managed to figure out why by myself. Strange how she didn't hate on Sunggyu though. Probably because of his good student reputation in class. Of course, I knew better...

It was one of those days when my playful self decided to tease the girls in my class who were always giving Sunggyu flirty looks, or simply gushing over how 'perfect' he seemingly was. It was a free period at that time, so he went along with it out of boredom. Sure it'd shut them up, but boy did we get into unnecessary trouble for it!

It also happened to be the day when a new teacher in the school lost his way and entered the wrong classroom by mistake.

But what really happened was, his eyes immediately landed on us snuggling with each other. I was calling Sunggyu "Oppa~" in a cute manner when we realised his presence. We quickly broke apart. Of course, being a teacher, he wouldn't let us go, since we didn't even bother to explain ourselves anyway. The matter was reported to the principal, we were made to stay for detention for 2 whole weeks, and I had to move to the front of the class. I was fine with it though, as my parents weren't informed of the incident so I didn't have to put up with their endless nagging. Besides, Sunggyu somehow managed to sweet-talk our form teacher into letting us sit together again.

--- Break time --- 

NOONE'S POV

"Why didn't you go with the guys?" You asked Sunggyu as he sat down beside you in the school garden. You usually ate there whenever you weren't in the mood to eat with your other friends who didn't think of you as an outcast.

He didn't answer, eyeing your bibimbaps instead. You picked one and fed it to him. He was beaming as he chewed. "Just wanted to keep you company." He finally replied. You nodded while feeding yourself. You remembered there was another question you wanted to ask. You struggled to remember what it was, but it wouldn't come. So you decided to let it go.

"I'm surprised you had the mood to buy those." He pointed to the bibimbaps, popping one into his mouth at the same time. Pretending to get angry only got you an aegyo in return.

__________

Sunggyu and you walked home in comfortable silence. He was leading in a slow pace, knowing how much you dreaded going home at that moment.

YOUR POV

We were nearing my house when he asked. "Do you wanna come over?" Knowing he was trying hard to lift my mood again, I didn't hesitate in saying yes. He beamed. We crossed over to the other side of the road towards his house. 

After waiting for a moment, his mom opened the door and let us in, enveloping me in an enthusiastic hug upon seeing me. Sunggyu looked on in embarrassment and went upstairs to change. I was grinning like an idiot while waiting for him. Meanwhile his mom served me cookies with a cold drink. We also chatted about random stuffs.

His mom suggested that I stayed for dinner so I did. We then proceeded to do our homeworks together even though I couldn't care less about them. The thing about me was, I could never turn either of them down due to the fact that they shared a very close relationship with my family. Which also explains me having no qualms about being overly intimate with him, including feeding him casually, and the snuggles we'd shared countless times. Even if people commented and made snide remarks, I never gave them time of day. He was obviously fine with it too. 
 

___________

Arriving home, I sighed in relief at being greeted by darkness. I went up the stairs humming to myself.

"Where have you been?"

'Omo that shocked me!' I cursed, once noticing my mom standing in the doorway of her room. "What am I not allowed to visit Sunggyu's house now?" Trying to keep my cool, I retorted, before continuing on my way to my room and for extra effect, I slammed the door.

Not even bothering to change, I climbed straight into bed, Mrs. Kim's words playing in my head. She knew what had happened, since I practically blabbed out everything that happened the night before, during dinner. Being the good friend that he was, Sunggyu defended me, saying it wasn't often that I failed, so it wasn't fair what I had to go through because of it. Lucky for him though, Mrs. Kim didn't grill him for saying those stuffs. In fact, the things she advised me weren't so bad. She even assured me she'd talk to my parents about it.

I only sighed at how cool she was while her son patted my back secretly.