Part 2: Final

Before the Dawn

 

I turn towards the direction of the coffee shop. Since Hoya was too impatient to wait for me (though I was late for only 3 minutes), I figured I might as well just grab some coffee and head home to finish all my school work.

Suddenly, all the lights in the park come alive and I hear someone cough. Surprised, I look around and… it’s Hoya!

I run to his open arms but instead of giving him the hug he was expecting, I flick him on the forehead and stomp on his foot.

“OW!” he yells, hopping on one foot while holding the other.

“That was for scaring the crap out of me,” I say, crossing my arms. “But I’m sorry. I thought you got too impatient of waiting for me but I didn’t even see you! I just thought of going to the coffee shop to get myself something and-“

“Hana,” he cuts me off. He places his hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eyes. Oh my, I think I’m blushing. I hope he doesn’t see it.

“If you think I forgot your birthday, I didn’t.”

I hit him on the chest. “Idiot. I wanted to cry when I realized you were the only one who hasn’t greeted me.”

He smiles at me gently and cups my face, my cheeks with his thumbs.

“I have a special gift for you.”

“What is it?” I ask, a bit too eagerly. It’s still my birthday, anyway. It’s 11:59PM. One minute left to go ‘til Hoya’s.

He takes me in his arms and gives me a big, warm bear hug. I’ve never felt more safe and protected. This is how Hoya always makes me feel whenever we hug.

“Can you feel how fast my heart is beating? Well, it’s just as restless as I am now. And I’m giving it to you because I know you’ll take good care of it,” he whispers. “Happy Birthday, Hana.”

 “What?” I just had to ask.

“I’ve always known we had a special ‘connection’, as my mom calls it. I know this is so sudden but… I just…I don’t know, Hana. I just knew 2 years ago that… I felt something different about you. In a good way. And right there and then, I knew you weren’t just a little sister to me anymore.”

Speechless, I am speechless. And touched. My heart is melting. My cheeks feel hot and I can’t help but tear up at Hoya’s sudden confession. He’s so sweet! The sincerity of his words and the tone of his voice are telling me that this is definitely not a joke.

Hoya pulls away from the hug and smiles.

“Why are you crying?”

I rub my eyes excessively. “I’m not crying! I like you too, Hoya. And I’m so happy you feel the same way. Your confession is just so unexpected!”

“My mom sensed that you liked me too, but I brushed it off because you had Eli already,” he sheepishly scratches the back of his head. “I guess my mom was right.”

“Yes she was,” we hug again. I check the time in my watch. How can it still be 11:59? Wow, I guess time really stops when it needs to. For that, I am grateful.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” Hoya asks through our hug, the pitch of his voice suddenly going higher.

“Yes. I would love to be your girlfriend, Lee Howon,” I smile. This is such a dream come true for me. Seems like my birthday isn’t so lonely after all. I feel Hoya’s arms around me tighten.

I check the time in my watch yet again, and this time, it indicates 12:00AM. It’s officially Hoya’s birthday!

“Happy Birthday, Hoya!”

I stand on my toes and kiss him on the cheek.

“I hope you’ll like my gift too, because I’m giving you my heart as well.”

Hoya doesn’t say anything but instead leans in and slowly, our noses touch. And then, gently, our lips. I like how perfectly well our lips fit together. I like the warm and comfortable touch of his lips on mine, and how our kiss is just as pure and platonic as can be.

We pull away from our kiss and Hoya holds me even tighter in his arms making me feel so secure, smiling his widest smile, my cheek affectionately with his thumb, and looking deeply into my eyes with so much love.                                                                                     

“You are the best birthday gift I’ve ever received.” 

 

 

 

***************************************************************************************

Yaaaaay! It's done! Isn't the ending so cheesy? Haha.

Sorry if part 1 of this oneshot was so boring and short. I got bored reading it myself lol. Hope you guys enjoyed this oneshot, nonetheless! I'll be posting my other oneshots and fics very soon. ;)

-cornyking