Part 1

Before the Dawn

 

120327

It is now 11:45 PM and I am finishing off the Caesar salad I have prepared for myself. This is the loneliest late birthday dinner ever. Yes, today is my birthday and I am spending it, well, alone. I have just finished thanking all the people who greeted me, and very hypocritically if I may add, on Facebook. Ugh. It was very tiring. 900+ wall posts. But I had to maintain my sunny disposition and add a smiley face after every “Thank you!” I typed.

 

I stand up and make my way to the sink when my phone suddenly buzzes. Carefully, I place my bowl in the sink and unlock my phone. It’s a text from Hoya, my best friend who I secretly had a crush on. Of course no one knows this.

 

WAIT A SECOND… Hoya is the only person who hasn’t greeted me today. And the day’s almost ending! How could he forget?! We’ve known each other since he was 6 and I was 5. And just to add to the bad news of Hoya forgetting my birthday, he didn’t text me a single word today. I know I sound like a brat right now but this is Hoya we’re talking about! Okay, forget it. Keep calm and read Hoya’s text, Hana. Just keep calm.

“Meet me at the park in 10,” was all it said. No greeting, smiley face, or whatever.

What kind of a lunatic would tell a girl to meet him at the park so late at night? I reply and tell him I’m coming, anyway. Hmm… What to wear, what to wear…

 

After looking through my closet, I found the perfect dress to wear. This’ll be my first time going out today, since my day was pretty much spent doing homework, research, typing up my paper, thanking people on Facebook, talking to my parents and having an awkward conversation with my ex-boyfriend, Eli, on the phone. This Howon boy better be thankful I’m dressing up nicely just to meet him.

 

Okay, this is getting creepy. It’s so dark. Where’s Hoya? Did I come too early? I check the time in my watch and it’s… Holy crap. It’s already 11:58! I came too late! Is that the reason why Hoya might have left already?