Holiday in Paris

Holiday in Paris

The next morning, when I woke up, I felt good despite everything that had happened last night. Tony had left early in the morning, since he still had some work to do. I got up from bed and went to have some breakfast. The staff greeted me and one of them told me, that the police had told me to go to the station if I wanted to press charges. I just wanted to forget the whole thing, so I decided not to go.

It was a beautiful day, so I decid
ed to go for a shopping spree at the main shopping area in Paris. I arrived at Boulevard Haussmann. There was a large building with many stores filled with department stores. The place was pretty packed with  busy and less busy people. I saw a store window with beautiful shiny dresses and couldn’t resist. As I was walking in, I literally bumped into someone. I looked up and apologized in French and then I saw Jaejoong. He looked at least as surprised as me and greeted me happily. “Minna! Long time no see. How have you been? Are you busy?” I greeted him back: “Oh, Jaejoong! I have been ok. I am just shopping.” We decided to go for a coffee to a nearby cafe. It was a cosy old-fashioned cafe. We were the youngest people there at that time. “The last time I saw you was in the hospital. I was hoping you would call me.” Jaejoong said acting sad, but then smiled cutely. “Oh! I totally forgot. It has been quite a rough couple of days.” I said realizing that I had forgotten to ask the hospitals front desk Jaejoong’s contact information. “Mmm...ok. So what’s been going on? How have you been feeling? Still dizzy because of my charm?” Jaejoong asked jokingly. I blushed in embarrassment and tried to hide it by taking a sip from my tea. I told about what had happened yesterday. Jaejoong expressed his feelings of hatred and described in detail, what kind of a jerk Jamie was. “So are you really ok? You must have been shocked. Has he left the country?” Jaejoong asked worried. “I am ok. I feel a lot better already. I don’t know if he already left, but I doubt he will come near me again.” Jaejoong nodded and asked: “I hope so. It is good that that guy Tony was there. Are you dating him?” I told Jaejoong that it was our first date and he seemed pleased. We exchanged numbers and Jaejoong told me to call any time and then he left.

I continued shopping and went back to the hotel just when it was getting dark. I was walking back, when my phone rang. It was Tony and I answered. Tony asked if I was ok, and I told him about the stuff I had seen and bought. We talked like this for quite some time, and when I snapped out of it, I realized I had wondered into a quiet side street. I realized I was lost in a neighborhood I was not familiar with. I decided to walk back to where I came from, but after a few cross-sections I was completely lost. “Umm...I think I might be lost.” I told Tony ashamed. “What do you see? Can you ask people for directions?” Tony asked. I looked around me: “Umm...I see buildings, but no people...Oh! There is a boutique.” I walked closer just to see that it was closed. I told the name of the shop to Tony and he told me he would look up the address and pick me up. He told me to wait there, but it was really getting dark, and this dead street made me scared. I was creating horror stories in my head and wondered if it would be safer to wait in the light, or in the dark. Just then I heard foot steps coming closer. I knew it couldn’t be Tony, because it was too soon after the call. I tried to convince myself, that it was probably a nice person, from whom I could ask directions from, but my imagination was going wild. I was convinced, that it was a serial killer with a bloody butcher knife or a . Or both.
The person came closer, and when the light from the single light post reached him, I felt relieved. It wasn’t a serial killer, but instead it was Jamie. What he did here, I had no idea, but it was 100 times better than a serial killer. Still, I looked at him suspiciously. When he was close enough I asked: “What are you doing here? You didn’t leave?” Jamie walked closer and answered: “Why should I leave? Since you are still here.” I was getting annoyed. “I thought I was clear last time. We are over. Go home and leave me alone.” Jamie’s expression darkened.  “We have no reason to break up and I never agreed to it. I know you are doing this because you are jealous, so stop acting up and let’s go home.” That was it for me. I started walking away, because I didn’t want to talk with Jamie ever again. I didn’t get far, before Jamie grabbed me by my hand, and pinned me against the wall of one of the old buildings. His grip was so strong I bit my lip to endure the pain. This can’t be happening again. I thought about screaming, but there was probably no one nearby.
I heard someone running closer, and so did Jamie. He let me go and turned to look who was there. I took my chance and slipped past him and ran towards the voice. I was hoping, that if it was a serial killer this time, he would get scared of me first. It still wasn’t the serial killer, but Tony. He caught me in his arms and hugged me. He looked at Jamie, who was walking closer to us. Jamie asked raising his voice: “What do you think you are doing?” I seperated from Tony and replied: “What are YOU doing? What ever Tony does is none of your business.” I felt a lot safer, because I knew Tony was there. I also knew that I should stay calm, but my emotions were boiling over. I felt scared, annoyed and angry. I felt like beating Jamie up, and it was so frustrating to know, that I didn’t stand a chance against him. Tony touched my shoulder and said: “Let’s go.” Jamie, who was still approaching, asked: “Where do you think you are going?” Tony looked at Jamie calmly: “Away. And if you think about following us, I will just call the police.” Jamie smiled wryly: “Feel free to do that, after I beat the crap out of you.” Jamie was now close and I saw him raising his hand ready to hit Tony. I grabbed it, but he marked me off as a little nuisance. He swung his arm, making me lose balance and fall. I saw Tony hitting Jamie right in the face, making him stagger backwards. He quickly regained his balance and charged forward. Jamie was a big guy. A strong guy. I was afraid of what could happen and I felt adrenaline rushing in my veins, and I think I heard my own heart beat. Jamie hit Tony back, and this time Tony fell. Jamie kicked him and I felt tears forming in my eyes. I got up and ran to Tony. I crouched over him. Jamie snorted: “.” He grabbed my hair and pulled my head back making me fall on my back. I clutched his leg and at the same time, as he kicked me off, I heard a shout. I saw someone punching Jamie. Jamie fell down and the man was on top of him hitting him repeatedly. I looked at Tony who was still laying in the ground and crawled up to him. He opened his eyes. His face was bruised, but at least he was conscious. The sounds of fighting ended and when I looked, I saw Jaejoong walking towards us. He had a small cut near his eye, but otherwise he looked ok. He crouched on the otherside of Tony and asked him if he was ok to walk. Tony nodded and Jaejoong helped him up.
Jaejoong led us to the hotel and even though we got a few strange looks from people, we got there safely. We went to my room, and Jaejoong insisted Tony to go to hospital. Tony declined saying he was ok. “At least rest on the bed, I will clean your wounds.” I commanded. I felt my heart sink as I cleaned the numerous cuts. It looked like it hurt, but Tony stayed quiet. “I am so sorry.” I said and felt the tears again. “It wasn’t your fault.” Tony said and dried my tears with his hand. Jaejoong cleared his throat loudly making sure he was heard and smirked. “Will you clean my wounds also?”  He asked pointing at the cut.