The British Girl

TS Baby!

 

Rose had entered TS Entertainment as a trainee only a few months back. It was a really competitive atmosphere and, being the only "foreigner" there, she was pretty much alone when she arrived. But she had always been a loner at heart, and managed very well with her own company. She wasn't bullied or anything. In fact, it seemed like the "popular ones" feared her, which made the "weaker ones" and the "outsiders" drawn to her. So, in a matter of weeks, she ended up with more company than she could have wished for. There was this really nice girl, Pilsuk, who shared rooms with her and was constantly bullied because of her weight. She wasn't burdened by the others much, now that someone stood up for her. Two weeks after she arrived, a girl named Minhyo saw that she was listening to Infinite and had therefore decided that she liked her. She had introduced her friends Heejin and Minrin to Rose, and they were all now good friends, along with Pilsuk. There also were a few guys who weren't the popular girls' type, and didn't want anything to do with them. They were called Chanyeol, Kris and Luhan. They had also welcomed in their group another English speaker, which pleased Rose, even though he had a stupid American accent, named Jason who arrived the week before. Rose liked all of them, and was really glad to know them and count them as her friends but she needed her alone time. She found that time when she couldn't sleep at night. She'd usually go down to a small practice room that the trainees didn't use, but she had always seen it empty and had never been seen using it. It had become her favorite place in the building.

 

This night was another sleepless one, but was far from an ordinary one. As usual, she took her iPod and went down to her practice room. She was too engulfed in her music to see that, for the first time, the light was on. She only realized that when she actually saw someone and jumped in surprise. She ended up on the floor and started laughing, as she always did.

 

….: Hum.. Are you alright?

 

Rose (acknowledging the situation): Oh, hum, yes I am, I'm sorry I disturbed you, I'll leave now. 

 

….: Wait!

 

Rose: What?

 

….: Did you want to use this room?

 

Rose: Yeah, but you're already using it, and I was never given the right to use it anyways, so you can stay. 

 

The guy chuckled. His smile is beautiful, Rose thought. She perfectly knew who he was but had never seen this side of him. This was actually the first time she had talked to him, and even seen him this close.

 

Rose: Euh.. why are you laughing?

 

….: It's just that you're granting me the right to use my practice room, it's really nice of you.

 

Rose: Oh sorry, I didn't know, I just thought it was a spare one.

 

….: It's alright, don't worry, you only used it, it's not big deal. I'm Yongguk, by the way, but people call me Bang, I'm in..

 

Rose: I know who you are. My name is...

 

Bang: I know who you are. You're Rose, the British girl.

 

Rose: Am I?!

 

Bang: I'm pretty sure you are, yes!

 

Rose: Hum, yes, no I meant, how do you know that?

 

Bang: I've seen you around. 

 

Rose: You did?! 

 

Bang: Yeah, and as for your name and origin, I've got my sources.

 

Rose: What?! O_O

 

Rose was creeped out. Bang, on the other hand, seemed like he was having the time of his life.

 

Bang: Judging from your expression, I think telling you that I'm not a stalker would be a good idea ^^ So, don't worry, I'm not stalking you. They just, talk a lot about you, the trainers and producers. And I had noticed you when you arrived. 

 

Rose : They do?! Woah, that's crazy, I've only been here for two months!

 

Bang: It is. 

 

Rose: Well.. I'll let you practice, it was nice to meet you, bye then.

 

Bang: Don't leave because of me, we can share the room if you want.

 

Rose (turning around): Oh that'd be great, because I actually have nowhere else to go and I can't sleep, so thank you.

 

Bang: It's nothing. They lock the trainees' rooms now? 

 

Rose: They don't. But I'm afraid of the dark, and they're too wide and scary for me.

 

Bang: That's cute. 

 

Rose: Euh.. Isn't everyone afraid of the dark? 

 

Bang: Neeeeh, I'm not. 

 

Rose (smiling): You must be special then. 

 

Bang (smiling back): I must be. 

 

They looked at each other for a while. They weren't trying to figure the other out or anything, it was just a "hello, I like you, I want to know more about you" kind of look. They realized what they were doing was a little weird and awkwardly looked away.

 

Bang: Hum, anyways, you can you this half of the room, I'll take this one. Feel free to put on music, I'm sic my headphones.

 

Rose: I'm doing that too. 

 

They smiled at each other and both started practicing. It wasn't a really useful one for the both of them, as they were both more concentrating on what the other was doing, stealing glances at on the other side of the room at every occasion. At one point, their eyes met and they both lost their balance, stumbling a little from the surprise. It made them laugh and they both ended up laughing their asses off on the floor. They didn't resume their practices after that, they just sat on the floor and talked for a few hours, before finally going back to their dorms around 4am, although they didn't feel the slightest ounce of tiredness. Bang insisted on walking Rose back to her room, as she was afraid alone.

 

Rose: You didn't have to do that. I could have managed by myself, you know.

 

Bang: I know, but I wanted to. We don't want our most promising trainee to get lost or attacked by monsters, do we? 

 

Rose: I don't know about that, but thank you, it was reassuring. 

 

Bang: Good then.

 

Rose: Have a goodnight, Bang-ssi.

 

Bang: You can call me Oppa if you want! 

 

Rose: I'll call you Bang-Bang, I don't call people Oppa.

 

Bang (chuckling): Alright.  Have a good.. two hours of sleep!

 

Rose: You too! 

 

Bang: You're welcome to keep using the practice room, I won't mind to see you again some other night.

 

Rose: I will see you again soon, then. Thank you!

 

 

 

 

 

The next night, Rose went down again. She was tired but she was too curious to see if he'd actually come again to fall asleep. She knew she acted as a hopeless fangirl but she couldn't help it. The light was on. He was there. She told herself to get a grip before opening the door but that did nothing against the fuzzy-happy feeling she had in her stomach.

 

Rose (opening the door): Hey..!

 

… (turning around): Euh… Hey?

 

Rose: Omo! I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else!

 

Well, that took care of the butterflies in her stomach very well, incidentally replacing them by a whole lot of embarrassment.

 

…: Are you lost? 

 

Rose: No, no I'm not, I just hoped I would find someone else here.

 

…: Okay, well I'm sorry I'm not that person. I'm just Jongup.

 

Rose: You're blond and you dance well, who else could you be? 

 

Jongup: Misha Gabriel maybe?

 

Rose: Oooh, I'd love that.

 

Jongup: Thank you ^^ 

 

Rose: You're welcome! I'm Rose by the way.

 

Jongup: Nice to meet you, Rose. Can I help you finding that person you're looking for?

 

Rose: No, thank you, he's probably asleep.

 

Jongup: Alright, I hope you find him again soon, then. 

 

Rose: I hope so too. I'll be going now, sorry again for disturbing you. Goodnight!

 

Jongup: It's nothing. Bye!

 

 

 

 

Jongup wondered all night who that Rose girl was looking for. He decided to ask for the other members' opinion at breakfast.

 

Jongup: Hey, guys, do you know if someone has been using our practice room?

 

Zelo: We've been using it ever since we were formed, Hyung.

 

Jongup: I mean someone else than us. 

 

Bang: Why would someone use our room. I mean, I don't know what you're talking about, there's just no point for someone to use it, there are plenty of rooms for trainees around here! 

 

Youngjae: Yah Hyung, calm down! 

 

Jongup: Why would it essentially be a trainee, Yongguk Hyung? Do you know something?

 

Bang: No! Of course I don't, I…

 

Daehyun: Anyways, Jongup, why are you asking this?

 

Jongup: I was practicing in it last night, and a girl came in, she was a trainee I think, came in. 

 

Himchan: What would a trainee do in that part of the building?

 

Jongup: That's what I'm asking. She was looking for someone she had already seen there before. So I assumed someone other than us had been using it and that maybe one of you had seen them.

 

At that point, Bang was trying his best to hide in his bowl of cereals while forcing himself not to smile too wide at the idea of Rose looking for him.

 

 

 

 

The BAP members had practiced for their comeback all morning and were now discussing a way more interesting matter: what to eat for lunch.

 

Zelo: Why don't we just eat whatever the cafeteria is serving?

 

Bang: It's too late, it's closed by now.

 

Zelo: Not the trainees' one!

 

Youngjae: Are we still allowed to go there?

 

Daehyun: We were only trainees two months ago, why wouldn't we be?

 

Himchan: What about my Japanese restaurant idea?

 

Bang: We're not billionaires, Himchan, we can't eat in restaurants every day.

 

Himchan: Who cares? You're paying!

 

Zelo: I want to go back to our old cafeteria, the ahjummas were so nice!

 

Youngjae: They always put our favorite foods aside for us!

 

Daehyun: Let's stop talking and just go there then.

 

Himchan: Hey! No! I'm the commander! I choose!

 

Bang: Let's go guys. Jongup, stop doing push-ups, we're going to our old cafeteria.

 

Jongup: Oh cool! You'll be able to see your trainee friend then!

 

Bang: I told you already, I don't know who that girl is. 

 

Daehyun: Why did you react so weirdly this morning, then?

 

Bang: I didn't react weirdly! What Jongup was saying was just absurd, that's all. Come on let's go. (RN: KAJA!) 

 

Bang took Zelo's hand and walked ahead of the others with him.

 

Daehyun: What's up with him? He's never been like that.

 

Jongup: I'm sure it has something to do with that Rose girl. (RN: "THAT" Rose Girl?!?!)

 

Daehyun: Well, we'll see that in a minute, I guess!

 

Zelo came in the cafeteria first, saw Minrin and shrieked "NOONA!". Many girls he had never talked to were around him saying how much they missed him and he panicked. Thankfully, Bang just had to say "Yah. Move." to them and they all left room for Zelo to run to Minrin and hug her. Minhyo came in after them and slipped. Youngjae caught her before she hit the floor.

 

Youngjae: I see you haven't changed.

 

Minhyo: AAAAAAAH!!!! Youngjae Oppa!

 

While Minhyo and Youngjae were hugging, Jongup went behind Heejin.

 

Jongup: Hey you!

 

Heejin: Hi.

 

Jongup: Your bestfriend doesn't even get a hug?

 

Heejin: Bestfriend?! We practice in the same building and you didn't even visit once!

 

Jongup: Sorry, I was so busy… Please forgive me!

 

Heejin: You stop making me call you Oppa and I forgive you.

 

Jongup: Deal. Do I get a hug now? 

 

Heejin: Come here!

 

Minhyo: Guys! Meet Rose and Jason! Rose and Jason, meet BAP!

 

Jongup: I believe I've already met Rose. 

 

Rose: Hum.. Yes.

 

Heejin: What do you mean?

 

Jongup: She got lost I think and ended up in our practice room last night!

 

Rose: I wasn't…

 

Jongup: Oh yeah, you were looking for someone, who was that by the way? Did you find him?

 

Rose blushed and looked at Bang in panic. As Chanyeol was next to him, she said it was him she was looking for.

 

Jongup: Oh so…

 

Bang: Anyways, let's eat, I'm starving!

 

Zelo: Me too!

 

Minhyo: I don't think there's enough chairs.

 

Kris: Well, Minrin-ah can sit with me!

 

Daehyun (sitting down): Oh you two are together now?

 

Minrin: We are.

 

Youngjae: Cool! It finally happened! Right, Hyung?

 

Daehyun: Yeah. Finally!

 

Bang (sitting down next to Pilsuk): Hey Pilsukie, how is it going? Nobody was mean to you while I was gone?

 

Pilsuk: For a while after you left. But now that Rose is here, I have no problem! She's the only person that scares them as much as you!

 

Bang: Good then.

 

He smiled and looked at Rose, who smiled bah. Unluckily for them, Jongup caught that shared smile.

 

 

☁   ☁