News...Good or Bad?

A Trip to Remember

One week later...

You awake to the sound of sparrows chirping outside your window, the sun shining through the partially opened curtains.

You groan loudly, throwing a pillow at the window. It hits with a satisfying, *Thunk*. The chirping stops, and you burry you head under the comforter. All is peaceful for a few minutes, until the blaring alarm clock rings from down the hall. You groan again, pulling the spare pillow over your head. Once again, there is serene quiet for a few moments, long enough for you to let you guard down, removing the pillow.

Bad move.

Super Junior's 'A-Cha' suddenly blasts through the house at an inhuman level. You scream in shock, literally falling out of the bed, and crashing into the cold floor. The screeching of your sister's high-pitched, and purposely out of key, singing echoes through the walls. You glare at the door viciously, before sighing. Knowing a lost cause when you heard one, you sleepily got up and stumbled into the bathroom.

After a quick shower, which thankfully drowned out most of the racket, you stare at the contents of your closet, at a loss for what to wear. The booming music, now The Black-Eyed Peas, cut out suddenly, having you sighing in relief. It was, however, ruined by a scream and a rather loud crash from down the hall.

"What was that?" You quietly ask yourself, throwing a robe on before stepping out into the hall.

"Haru?" You call. "What broke?" When you receive now answer, you become worried, and walk at a quicker pace.

"Haruhi? Did you get hurt?!" You call again. A gurgling sound comes from the kitchen. You arrive, only to find Haruhi standing completely still, a broken mixing bowl at her feet, and the remains of what looked like pancake batter splattered all over the cabinets, floor, and her legs.

"Haru! What happened!" You yell in concern, carefully making you way over to her. "Haru?" The still didn't answer, so you turned to see what she was starring at. It turned out to be the TV in the living room. In your haste, you hadn't noticed it was on.

"Haru, did something happen? Was someone we know hurt?" The thought of your favorite aunt in a car accident suddenly flashed through your head, and you felt queasy. Haruhi gave no hint she heard you, only moving her hands in a weird counter-clockwise motion. You stare at her for a second, before figuring it out.

"Do you want me to rewind it?" She nodded furiously, still unable to speak.

You practicly ran out of the kitchen, not caring that you got batter all over the carpet. You scramble around for a bit, before finding the remote on the end table. You immediately turn the volume up, and return to Haruhi. You hand her the remote, and she hits the back button repeatedly. The news channel currently on, had moved on to the weather, so you watched it backwards with a nervous twitch of your hands. You close you eyes momentarily, preparing yourself for the worst. Haruhi plays the program, and you focus back on the TV.

"And the Swans lost the last quarter 7 to 6." The sports caster finished up his report, and signed over the the main correspondent.

"Thanks, Darryl. Now onto an international story. Last month, the international sensation, Korean pop band U-Kiss, announced a contest which allowed American fans to enter for a chance to win a trip to Japan to travel with the band on their Japanese Concert Tour. It was later revealed, that after the press release, the contest website crashed several times in the following weeks from the amount of entries.

"Late last night, it was revealed the contest winner will also travel with the band on their upcoming World Concert Tour, including several stops in America, where they will meet up with the popular kpop band, Super Junior. The two bands will then continue dual concerts throughout the world.

"Ticket sales skyrocketed after the announcement. A U-Kiss and Super Junior New York concert that began ticket sales this morning, featuring special guest 2ne1,  was sold out in the first nineteen minutes and fifty-four seconds.The official press release is expected to be..."

The woman held a hand up to her ear, listening to something on her headset. After a moment the turned back to the camera with a large smile on her face.

"This just in, NH Media has released the name of the contest winner three days early. It is Los Angeles' very own Reiko Takashimo! NH Media has also announced the eighteen-year-old winner will fly out to Tokyo tomorrow, several days ahead of the previous schedule. This is due to schedule conflicts with their first concert, the date of which is now four days earlier.

"We will be following the lucky winner on her travels, so stay tuned throughout the following months for weekly updates!"

You numbly stare at the TV, mouth hanging open in complete and utter shock. You blink rapidly several times, and nearly miss what the news caster says next.

"And here are this morning's winning lottery numbers! 1 2 5 7 43 56 Megawin number, 3!"

Your body starts shaking, and you're barely able to turn your head to look at the refridgerator. Taped on the front was a little red ticket, the numbers buring a hole in your brain.

 

1 2 5 7 43 56 3