On Rainy Days

Music One-shot Collections

 

Song: On Rainy Days <--- click to listen to the song
Main Character: Original Character (no name) and Yoseob

 

The sky gradually turned dark as the dark cloud gathered, covering the sun. The world slowly turned darker. Everything was frozen at their own place, ignoring the changes. It was as if they understood the feeling of that person.

A girl was looking at the changes of the sky through the window. Tomorrow, she would turn 18. It meant it had been 8 years since that incident, where her empty life started. Silently, the water droplets fell from the dark sky.

The girl opened the window. The cold wind entered the space and the smell started to linger around. It was the smell of rain, the smell that would remind her of him. She closed her eyes, feeling the cold wind slipped through her skin. As usual, she couldn’t get out of her thought of it, the thought of him that come with the rain.

She knew that they had ended long ago. She knew it was just foolishness to still remember him especially after what she had done.

“He need to forget that he was once a human,” Doojoon said to the little girl.

“But he will forget me too,” the little girl replied. A boy was laying on her lap, looking at her blankly. It was raining. The boy smiled, noticing the falling water droplets. His golden sharp eyes gradually turned to black and round.

“It is for his own good, princess,” Doojoon strictly emphasized.

The girl sighed. Doojoon was right. If her people knew about him, they would kill him. At that time, even she was a queen, she wouldn’t have enough power to stop them and save him. Gently, she placed her palm on Yoseob cold forehead. He smiled to her warmly, as always.

The smile made her hesitating. Would she see that smile again? The smile that she promised to protect.

“Princess,” Doojoon voice forced her.

She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Tears started to roll down her cheeks. Slowly and softly, blue light emitted from her palm. Yoseob smile slowly disappeared as he closed his eyes. That was the start of his new life.

Then, they returned to her world where all of her kind lived. As all humans that were chasing her were dead, the world became a safe place, once again.

She left Yoseob to a caring family as she returned to the castle, her home. Since that time, she never had the chance to see him.

She regretted of what she had done. She was disappointed with herself. If only she had the courage to tell Doojoon that she wanted to stay at the human world. Just because she was a princess, she couldn’t stay. Just because she was a princess, she needed to return.

The girl opened her eyes as tears were flowing out from her eyes. The memories of him appeared. The warm smiled of him, the happy and bright look of him and the cheerful act of him. The rain never failed in making her remember. On her usual busy day, even a small thought of him won’t appear. She tried her best to forget him by making herself busy with her royal tasks. However, when the rain came, the thought of him would appear, torturing her with the happy and meaningful yet painful memories.

The girl walked to the round small table near the window. There was a wine bottle of crimson-coloured liquid and an empty goblet. She opened the bottle and poured the thick liquid into the clear goblet. That liquid acted like alcohol to her kind. It was addictive and intoxicating. Just like alcohol, underage was banned from taking it. She would be legal by 12 o’clock tonight which just within few hours more. She didn’t care. The time gap was no longer important. She emptied the glass in one shot.

She smirked, thinking that she would forget him. She started to feel dizzy and her vision started to blur.

“I miss you,” she whispered softly. Even she barely heard it because of the loud sound of the falling rain.

“I love you,” again, she whispered. Those words kept echoing in her mind. They always did when it rained. Those words were meant for him. Sadly, he won’t ever hear them.

Again, she poured the crimson liquid into the glass goblet. Another shot might help her forgot him.

Gulp.

She drank it all. The dizziness increased. She lost her balance and almost fell but her hand quickly grabbed the table. Should she stop drinking it now? The rain kept falling, she felt like falling too. She smirked at her stupid thought.

“There always something that makes people happy. For me, it is rain. It never fails making me smile.” He explained, still with the usual smile.

“Do you like rain?” She asked in monotone.

The boy nodded his head confidently.

“Just like you like the flower,” Yoseob said.

The memory of him kept floating around. She smiled as she could see the warm smiled of him in her thought.

Just because he liked rain, she would open the raw memories of him when it was raining. Right before the rain started, there were no thought of him appeared. However, when the rain fell, he came into her thought. The rain, it must be looking for him. The girl smirked again. She started to think weirdly. Was it because of the blood that she drank?

It was useless to be thinking of him now. They had ended long ago. Thinking that Yoseob would be still smiling under the rain, she tried to smile. She knew that part of him would never change. It was her after all that didn’t have the courage to keep him stay beside her. As long as he could smile, she would be satisfied, even though she couldn’t see the smile again, forever.

The rain had stopped. The thought of him also stopped. The girl smiled, gladded that the torturing moment stopped. However, rain would come again. So, the torturing moment would repeat. She just hoped the rain would stop because when the rain stopped, she also would stop thinking of him.

__________________________________________________________________

This story is related to my other story, I'll be your rain. You may need to read 'I'll be your rain' first to understand this story. I'm sorry for making things complicated. Just hope you enjoy reading this. Comments and subscribes are <3