The Beginning

JONGHYUN FOR RENT!!!

-SME Building-

No one’s POV

The directors are anxious. The stocks have crashed 40% in the past two months and they started needing more money. They discussed the matter and find one solution. Lee Soo Man, one of the directors were chosen to be the one to speak to Kim Youngmin.

*knock knock*

"Come in." "Excuse me sir. We directors have just discussed our financial problem and figured a way to solve it. Would you like to hear our idea?"

"Sure, what is it?" "We should make a TV show of our idol dating. It will gain many viewers so we can get money from the TV show and also it can inrease their popularity."

"But isn't that kind of show already common?" "That's why we decided to make it different from other shows. We will hold an auction for a commoners to be the pair. What do you think?"

"It's a great idea, but we can't tell all our idols to do it. It will be too burdensome. What do you think about opening a poll to everyone and the person who gets the highest vote will be auctioned?"
"It seems like a great idea. I'll contact the TV stations now then, sir. Can I be excused now, sir?" "Yes. You've got a lot to do."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Is everyone here yet?” “Yes.” They all answered.

Soo Man had just assembled everyone in the lounging room.

“I’m here to announce something. I’ll just do it quick because I’m super busy right now so listen carefully, okay?” The room instantly fell silent. “Thank you. Now, as you all know, We’re struggling financially. We directors have already decided to auction a month to be the couple of one of you and the couple will be on a TV show. I’m not asking for agreement. This is merely announcement. There’s no other option. It’s either this, or some of you would have to be kicked out of SM. You wouldn’t want that, right. So get ready. I’m going to open the poll and the one chosen can’t say no. We’ll do this fair and square. Clear?”

Soo Man walked out and the room suddenly got so noisy.

“Waaaah I’d love to be picked! I can get to know a girl and date! Plus I get to get a show just for me!”Onew's eye spakled. “Me too! Then I can be more popular and I will have more fans. Kekeke” Minho slyly smirked.

“Noooo! I am the one that will win the poll surely!! Noonas out there will vote for me! I wanna date some noonaaa~” Taemin whined. “Tch. You guys are so pathetic. Of course I’m the absolute winner. There’s even no need for a poll. But I’m not really interested. I’ve got Yoon Ae” (A/N It’s an OC)Key snorted.

“Whatever. I hope I don’t get picked. All girls are annoying as hell. Jealousy, clingy, naggy, ugh. I’m gonna grab some coffee. Anyone? Jonghyun carelessly walked out. “No thanks.” Minho, Taemin, and Onew answered simultaneously. “Sure. Wait for me.” Key followed Jonghyun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The poll was held in a lot of music shows and online. The response was better than expected. People talked about it in all sorts of social networks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The day for the poll to end came. It was broadcasted live on SBS.

 

 

-SBS building-

"Good afternoon everyone!! I'm Yoona and I'll be the one to read the result of the poll you have all been waiting for!" The crowd cheered and everyone was excited to know the result. 

"The top five nominations are: Krystal, Seohyun, Yunho, Jonghyun and.. Siwon!" Most people cheered but some was dissapointed. “Now I will announce the winner.”

*drumroll~*

“And the winner is... With 35%.... KIM JONGHYUN!!!" SHINee and Jonghyun's fans squealed and screamed.

"The auction will be held next week in SME's building. You can register now near the exit or online on www.smtown.com. Everyone is welcomed to bid! I'm Yoona and thanks for tuning in. See you next week! "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 

Meanwhile….

-SHINee’s dorm-

Shinee is watching the live broadcast together. They are all excited as hell. Well, all but one.

Jonghyun’s POV

“Onew hyung! Why are you drinking my banana milk!!! UGHHH” “It’s not that, I just-” “Everyone QUIET! SOMEONE’s trying to listen!” Key yelled.

 Tch. I bet the winner’s Minho or Seohyun. Somehow girls find them attractive. If only they knew their real selves-

"The top five nominations are: Krystal, Seohyun, Yunho, Jonghyun and.. Siwon!"

“WHATTT?!!! I’m not nominated??!” “And Jonghyun/Jonghyun hyung IS?”The four blurted.

“My noonaaaaas~” Taemin whined.

“That. Spot. Is. Mine. UGHHH this is annoyinggg.” Minho not accepting his defeatment.

“Too baaad~ I want the TV showw~” Onew said.

“SSSHHH! Listen!” Key shushed.

Wow? I’m nominated? Tch. I’m impressed.

“--with 35%.... KIM JONGHYUN!!!"

Let’s just say it went chaothic after that.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

No one’s POV

*the next week*

 

"Hey everyone! Yoona here! Nice to see you all again! Okay let's just get started, shall we? I present you the winner of the past poll, the one and only...... JONGHYUN!!!"

The crowd cheered and squealed at Jonghyun, who came out smiling his dino smile looking as stunning as ever. Little did they know he was burning inside.

"Today we're going to open an auction for an exclusive contract to be his girlfriend for a month! AND you get to go on a TV show recording your relationship with him!" The crowd get wilder and louder. "Shall we start now, then?" "YESS!!!"

"Let's start bidding then."

"10 million won!" An ahjumma said. "The bid has gone up to 1 million!" "20 million!"A Highschool girl said. "30 million!" The ahjumma won't give up. "40!" "50!" "60!" "100!" The girl gave up and the ahjumma smirked. "100 million! Who wants to bet on 110?" "No one? Ah! that girl over there!"
"120 million!" The ahjumma still won't give up. "130!" "180!" "300!" The girl quietened. "No one? I'll start counting! 3! 2! on-"

 

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Yeah.. whatev, just get it done and I’d leave. My lips is starting to go numb of fake smiling. I wish I’m not the winner. UGH.

"800 million." Everyone gasped. "Yes, sir? The one in the back wearing black suit! Now it's 800 million won! Anyone with 810? No? I'll begin the countdown. 3! 2! 1!"

*knock! knock! knock!

"Sold to the sir with black suit on 800 million won! Thank you everyone for coming! Please look forward to the show! I'm Yoona, bye!"

Wait- did she say 'sir?' That man over there?! Man, I got rented by a gay random guy. Pssh. My life is so freaking great.

So now my whole one month of single and free life is gone and sold? SM is GREAT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Black Suited man's POV
"Yes. I've got the deal. They're going to discuss it tomorrow at SME's building. I was told to come. -pause- No. They don't know yet. -pause- Okay. Thank you." He smirked and drove off.

 

Who's the man in black suit? Isn't it supposed to be a girl?" Stay tuned! Tell me how I've done it! ;D thanksss