Puppy Love (Part 2)

Puppy Love

A|N: So, hey guys! I have some news. I've decided to add another chapter to this story to add more depth and development to iy. If I put everything in the second chapter, it would seem rushed and it wouldn't be fluid. Sorry if you guys were expecting a conclusion! I just didn't like how the story developed because of the many moments and dialogues that were meshed into one chapter. I promise this is going to be the only stall in completing this story, so please, enjoy this chapter 'cause the conclusion will be coming soon! :) Subscribe and comment~

 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

           

            “How’s everyone today?” Baekhyun hollered brightly, entering the kitchen with a big smile on his face. He wanted to start the day as happily as possible, so he decided to not bring up the issue of the dog until he’s convinced Suho that it wasn’t a bad idea to keep it. He stopped, confused, when he saw that only D.O. and Chanyeol were at the table, eating.

            “Good morning,” Chanyeol said almost incoherently, his face stuffed with bacon, spitting it all over his plate and the surrounding area.

            “Ew,” Baekhyun remarked, sitting down next to him.

            “Hyung, eat up.” D.O. voiced motherly, finishing what was left of is breakfast. “Manager hyung told us to go to the studio as soon as we’re done eating.”

            “Okay, what are we going to-”

            “Th-te bhekhon ihz tellrischious,” Chanyeol spoke up with a mouthful of food, spitting bits and pieces of bacon everywhere.

            “What?” Baekhyun disdainfully brushed away the crumbs of food, quickly wiping his hand with a paper towel right after. Chanyeol chewed for a few seconds, then swallowed it forcefully before replying.

            “I said the bacon is delicious.”

            “Where are the others?” Baekhyun, ignoring Chanyeol’s ramblings, asked D.O., who was putting food on his hyung’s plate. “Did they go ahead? And is the huge spider gone?”

            “Yep, and yep,” D.O. answered, his mind obviously on something more important. Probably that 70% discount at the local market that he couldn’t get anymore, Baekhyun thought. “And Suho wanted to leave before you and your dog woke up. I swear, I don’t get what he’s so scared of-“

            “GLARGHBLAGIGTEHY-” Chanyeol started clutching the edges of the table, a terrified look on his face. He tried to mouth the words ‘water’ to Baekhyun and D.O., but they just stared at him with wide eyes, completely unaware of what was happening to the poor rapper.

            “What did he say? Waffles?” D.O. mumbled, reaching out for the waffle mix in the cupboard. “I swear, he just doesn’t even know how to say please. And he’s eaten a lot already, what does he need waffles for-” Then Chanyeol started clutching his neck, his face becoming a dark shade of red.

            “Water!” Baekhyun exclaimed, running towards the sink, then over to Chanyeol with a glass of water. Chanyeol put the glass to his lips and drank, but spat it right out. He struggled, his face now turning a dangerous purple, and D.O. started hyperventilating.

            “I’ll call manager-hyung and he’ll-“

            “Calm down, Kyungsoo-ah!”

            “CH-KELPBUH GHROOJUROOKHYACK-”

            “Stop talking Chanyeol! You’re making it worse.” Baekhyun scolded, cracking his knuckles and taking hold of Chanyeol. He grabs the rapper by the waist, positioning his front against Chanyeol’s back and whispers “this is so weird” before he heaves, squishing the life out of the younger. He does the Heimlich maneuver again and again, causing Chanyeol to blush because of the position they’re in, and after a few more tries, a clump of bacon spews out of Chanyeol’s throat and hits D.O. in the face, interrupting his unnecessary hysteria.

           “What were you thinking, hyung?” D.O sputtered, picking up the clump of food before throwing it away. “Chew your food before you swallow it!”

           “You almost died, idiot,” Baekhyun, who was now kneeling, trying to stabilize his heart beat, huffed angrily. It wasn’t the first time Chanyeol had done something that could have inevitably lead to his death, like the time he ‘accidentally’ pushed the ‘Go’ button instead of ‘Stop’ on a traffic light, crossing the street like a retarded duck. Good thing Sehun was close enough to pull the boy away before he got run over.

           “I know…” Chanyeol mused, and then standing up to dunk his used plate into the sink. “Well, I’m going to get changed. Laters.”

           He walked away, leaving a confused, dumbfounded Baekhyun, trying to make sense of what happened. D.O., still panicking, but for another reason, rushed after Chanyeol, stumbling unsteadily through the kitchen.

           “Yah! Wash your plate, you freeloader!”

            While the boys of EXO-K were at the studio, rehearsing steps and moves endlessly, Baekhyun’s puppy decided to look around the dorm. After soiling Chanyeol’s underwear drawer (because he found Chanyeol’s scent most prominent there and decided to mark his territory), he sauntered out of their room, looking every which way for a source of entertainment.  He started with Kai and D.O.’s room, sniffing around, only finding a very stinky shoe (probably belonging to Kai, since D.O. was a very clean, neat and organized person), that threatened to take away his sense of smell.

            Feeling hungry, he ran towards the kitchen, looking for something to eat. He raises his head, catching a very tantalizing scent, and followed it to a bowl marked ‘Yeollie’ full of bacon and eggs. He gorged himself with the food, and feeling content and sleepy, decided to find a decent place to take a nap.

             He wandered around until he stumbled into an unfamiliar room, one that coincidentally belonged to Suho and Sehun, and sniffed around for potential sleeping places. When he reached Suho’s bed, he saw something under it. He gently pulled it out with his teeth, and started examining it. It was a very old teddy bear, apparently, and it was fuming with Suho’s scent. The dog enjoyed pawing at it, nudging it with his nose and sniffing Suho’s strong odor on it that eventually, he fell asleep next to it on the foot of the leader’s bed.

            “Home sweet home!” Kai sighed tiredly, taking off his shoes and pushing them aside sloppily, before slumping on the couch. “What’s that drama you wanted to watch again, hyung?”

            “Yah, put your shoes on the shoe rack before you enter the house,” D.O. reprimanded, right before Suho tripped on said shoes, landing face first onto D.O.

            They laid there, not able to comprehend what had happened right away. Suho’s stare bore into D.O.’s, causing the younger to blush. “Yeobo?”

            “Ew, hyung!” D.O. shoved Suho away forcefully, ducking his head to hide his tomato-red face and standing up to dust away imaginary dirt on his pants. “I’m not your yeobo, pabo!”

            “Chanyeol-ah,” Baekhyun whispered into the younger’s ear as they entered the dorm. “Do you think the dog’s still there?”

            “Probably,” he nodded, hanging his coat on the rack, pushing past a hyperactive Kai who might have forgotten all about his fatigue when he saw some umma x appa action. “Let’s go check.”

            “Stop dancing around so much, Kai!” D.O. scolded, still his head hung low as he tried to occupy himself with petty things like dusting the door and arranging the books by color. He had to admit though, he looked like a complete idiot.

            “How about you sleep with Sehun tonight, Kai? I wanna sleep with my Kyungsoo.” Suho teased as he rubbed D.O.’s shoulder affectionately, earning a whack in the back of the head with a book from the younger.

            “Go to your room, hyung,” D.O. said sternly, his face serious but his cheeks saying otherwise, but Suho resigned, and just winked at D.O. instead, earning another whack on the head before he stalked off to his room.

            “Oh my God, Chanyeol-” Baekhyun started, but Chanyeol already guessed what was on his hyung’s mind simply by looking at his expression.

            “The dog’s missing.” Chanyeol said as-a-matter-of-factly.

            “OH MY GOD WHAT IS IT DOING-” Suho shrieked from his room, scaring everybody less.

            “Found him.”