Puppy Love (Part 1)

Puppy Love

“Oh my God!” Suho exclaimed, immediately climbing up the sofa and furiously waving a broom at the ‘abomination’ he found under his bed while he was looking for something important. “Why is there a dog in our house?!”

 
“Gosh, hyung,” Baekhyun mumbled, picking up the little puppy and cradling it in his arms. “It’s just a puppy.”
 
“Just a puppy?!” Suho retorted, sprinting towards the opposite end of the room, seeking shelter from a coat rack. “It might chew up our things! It’s probably going to poop in everyone’s beds and you do know that dog pee smell is almost impossible to get rid o-”
 
“I think what he means is we can’t have a dog in the house because it’s too hassling.” Sehun interrupted, his eyes glued to the TV screen. The commercial film for a new product SNSD is endorsing just started playing, and he’s been in and out of awareness ever since. “And wow, their legs are great.”
 
“What?!” D.O. shouted from the kitchen, startling everybody, including the dog. “What do you mean half price on cabbage and green peppers? You promised me a full on 70% discount!”
 
“But, but, he’s harmless!” Baekhyun quickly put the dog down, who was stumbling towards Suho, scaring the leader less. “See? He probably even likes you, hyung!”
 
“Get him away from me! Argh!” The dog suddenly started Suho’s feet, which made the poor man want to run away and never come back, and Baekhyun just sighed, picking up the dog again.
 
“I swear he’s not going to be any trouble!” Baekhyun pleaded, putting on his best puppy eyes. “And we’ll keep him in our room all the time, and only let him out when it needs to be walked or to go the bathroom. Right Chanyeol?”
 
“Uh,” Chanyeol avoided his roommate’s expectant gaze and continued to play on his PSP. “I guess.”
 
“A price hike? A price hike?! I was promised a 70% discount, and I darn it, I’m getting that 70% discount!”
 
“What is he-“ Suho started when the dog jumped out of Baekhyun’s arms and landed on Suho’s face, making the leader go completely berserk, trying to throw off the puppy before it completely claws his face off. “Oh my God! Get it off, get it off!”
 
“Holy-“ Kai screamed as he ran from inside the bathroom to the living room, his face flushed and eyes wide. “There’s this huge spider in our laundry-“
 
And with that, Suho fainted.
 
 
After Sehun carried Suho to their shared room with a worried D.O. trailing behind them, bringing all sorts of first aid equipment, even thought the most Suho could get is a mild concussion for banging his head on the floor, and everyone steering clear from the bathroom until Kai could gather up the courage to kill the spider himself, Baekhyun stalked off into his room and played with the puppy.
 
“You’re harmless, right, boy?” He whispered to the dog, who wasn’t paying attention. Instead it had found one of Chanyeol’s old socks and started playing with it. “You won’t be any trouble, right?”
 
A quick knock on the door startled Baekhyun and he quickly reached out to hide the dog from anyone who wanted to take it away, until he saw a tall familiar figure enter the room. 
 
“Thanks for the support back there, buddy.” Baekhyun grumbled, looking away from his roommate.
 
“What did I do?” Chanyeol asked as he sat on the foot of Baekhyun’s bed, looking at the dog intently. The puppy happily acknowledged him, and dropped the chewed up, soggy undergarment onto the rapper’s lap. “Ew, what the- Is this my sock?“
 
“You could’ve at least backed me up.” Baekhyun said resentfully, his eyes trailing on Chanyeol’s ridiculous looking pajama pants. It took all of his strength not to laugh and destroy the moment, but he felt his face betraying him, so he just ducked his head in between his knees. “You know that the dog isn’t dangerous.”
 
“I know,” Chanyeol grimaced as he threw away the offending piece of clothing, but quickly regained composure. “But it takes a lot of responsibility and time and effort to take care of. And we won’t have time, considering our busy schedules.”
 
“Then I’ll make time!” Baekhyun snapped. “If you want really want something, you’ll grab the chance right away! You don’t just sit there like an idiot, thinking of what’s impossible. Instead, you make it possible!”
 
Chanyeol pondered on it for a while, and everything was quiet. The dog yawned, probably tired from terrorizing EXO-K’s leader, and just wants to sleep. He curled up against Baekhyun’s pillow and Baekhyun laid down next to him, draping a blanket over both of them.
 
“I guess you’re right.” Chanyeol said as he got up, turning off the lights and slipping into his bed. “Good night, Baekhyun-ah.”
 
A few minutes later, the dog let out a loud, annoying whimper that quickly woke Chanyeol up from his beauty sleep. The rapper huffed irritably, scratching his head furiously.
 
“Great.” He groaned, stuffing his head under his pillows. “Now there are two puppies in my room.”