Chapter 11

My Annoying Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 


 

After the demon spent a few grueling hours inside her hole of shame trying to erase those impure thoughts, Karina finally jumped up out of the pit. Since Winter permitted her to have the hole stay, they had opted to cover it up when it’s not in use. Using a mesh of net made out of hemp rope, Karina covers the pit and lays out a few leaves just enough to cover the very obvious hole.

 

It’s barely 8PM but Karina decides they should start making her human’s dinner. The doctor would be home in a few hours.

 

Once inside the house, Karina sees Ningning by the living room, her attention placed on the tv. The gremlin is watching some kind of medical drama series, she said it was for research but Karina just thinks her side kick is actually just entertained with these shows human consume.

 

Sensing the royal demon’s presence, Ningning turns the tv off, “Shall we proceed with making dinner, your grace?”

 

Karina just nods and made their way to the kitchen, she pulls out a small notepad. It’s a list of things Winter likes, some of the things written are based on observations and most are information Ningning had gathered for her.

 

She skims through her notes and made the decision to serve Winter with Chilean sea bass with basil pesto and creamy shrimp rosé pasta.

 

She told Ningning what they would make and in a snap the gremlin teleports to god knows where and in a matter of seconds she reappears again with freshly caught fish and shrimps at hand.

 

Karina just claps like a seal at how efficient her side kick is. Winter told her she should be more appreciative of what Ningning has been doing for her all the time.

 

 

 

 

Winter is finally off the clock and scurries her way out of the hospital and away from her colleagues that had been incessantly teasing her about the huge bouquet she’s carrying. She had been receiving flowers before —even her co-doctors have as well, but they seem to be making a big deal out of this particular one.

 

No one seems to believe her when she claims it’s from a previous patient—well duh, because she’s actually lying and everyone knows that.

 

After Nurse Yeri had told their friends (in all fairness she keeps the gossip within their close circle, but still) what the flowers meant, everyone have come into the same conclusion that it was Minju. A sales representative from a big pharmaceutical company that often lingers in the ER trying to sell them medications.

 

And Winter’s not sure if she should be thankful or disappointed that Giselle doesn’t share the same schedule as her and that the older doctor is still on her month long vacation leave. Surely Giselle would take her big sister role and sway away the teasing, but she would most definitely pry privately. Given the sister card is in play, she’ll be forced to tell the truth, she just hopes it dies down before Giselle resumes her shift and hears it through the grape vine.

 

“And why are they so sure it’s Minju?” Winter talks to no one, while she’s driving her way back home. She often have conversations with herself in the car to keep her entertained throughout the hour long drive.

 

The woman hasn’t contacted her for almost 2 months now. Just because you ask the person you’re casually hooking up with to use the strap on you one time and they decide to ghost you the next day with no explanation at all, “Like for sure, I know it’s a kink that’s not for everyone but I can take a no for an answer. Maybe I do deserve a proper goodbye or just block me atleast, so I’ll know for sure it’s over” she begins to grumble again.

 

Winter just sighs, she throws a quick glance at the passenger seat where the flowers sit. It may have caused the teasing she got but she can’t really be mad at Karina for the sweet gesture. She smiles faintly at the sincerity, plus it’s really just normal flowers this time, she feels like she’ll cry in tears of joy. She actually is receiving something normal now.

 

 

 

 

Karina welcomes Winter home with a warm smile. The demon takes Winter’s bag from her and set it to the one of the stools and assisted the human in taking her coat off.

 

Standing close together, with only just a bouquet of flowers in between them, Karina once again flashes a charming at her, “Hi, how’s your day?”

 

Winter looks away, trying to hide the faint hue of pink forming on her cheeks. That felt so domestic and the human reminds herself that she’s still yet to forgive Karina for what she did.

 

“It’s alright. Thanks for the flowers by the way, they’re beautiful” she says as she goes through the cabinets and look for a vase huge enough to hold the flowers, “And for the food as well, it was really good”

 

“I’m just glad you like it” Karina shyly says, “We made dinner as well”

 

After setting the flowers in to two vases, Winter looks up at Karina, “Wow, from breakfast, lunch to dinner? I might get used to this Karina”

 

“And I told you, I don’t mind serving you for eternity” The demon lead the way to the dining hall, where a well decorated dinner table is waiting for them.

 

Winter could only stare in awe, compared to the first eerie candle lit dinner she shared with Karina a few days ago, the design and decorations to this one suited her style more and not to mention the food on the table, a dish she actually recognizes and loves —Karina really isn’t presenting her with weird demon bullcrap anymore, she really could cry happy tears right now.

 

“Wow, you’re really had your human 101 lessons huh?” She giggles at Karina while the latter pulls a chair for her.

 

“Yeah” Karina sheepishly scratches her nape, “I’m quite surprised with all the information Ningning has as well”

 

“Where is she by the way? This all looks so good, we should share”

 

“She already ate some earlier and she went back to the underworld to give us some privacy, she says”

 

Winter can only nod at that before Karina carefully asks her to dig in, the demon anticipates as the blonde takes her first bite. Winter could only hum and close her eyes in delight, it was a hundred percent better than those served in the high class restaurants.

 

Karina just smiles proudly at the approving display she got from Winter.

 

As they both proceed to enjoy their dinner in comfortable silence, Winter glances at Karina. There has been something she’s been meaning to ask the demon for a few days now.

 

“Hey Karina, when the whole road accident happened…” Winter starts.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter