Accepting defeat is hard: Himchan and JongUp

The Mystery of B.A.P

Himchan and JongUp were brothers. JongUp generally depended on Himchan for just about everything since that was his older brother. Occasionally Himchan would get annoyed with the younger but JongUp didn’t mind. They lived together downtown of Seoul in their own apartment since their parents were not around to bring them up so Himchan had to take on the responsibility himself.  They were both getting ready to go out to the arcade when JongUp got a phone call from one of his classmates.
Unsurprisingly, the call had been sent by a girl. “Yoboseyo”, he answered coolly. The person on the other end hesitated for a moment before saying “Annyeong JongUp oppa, I um just wanted to ask you if you had completed your part of the school project yet?” JongUp’s eyes went wide as he just realised that there was a school project due the next week and he hadn’t started it.
He mentally cursed himself before composing himself and said “Ani, I haven’t had the time. I don’t understand what to do. Could you perhaps, help me with it?” He said in the most seductive way possible that the other end went quiet and he thought the girl had a heart attack. Himchan on the other hand was sniggering to himself at how his younger brother was handling the situation. *That’s my boy*, he thought as he waited for JongUp to finish the phone call. “Ne, sure. Shall we go to the library this weekend?” The girl asked, after a long pause.
“Yes we shall.  I’ll see you there”. He then hung up and smirked in satisfaction. “Looks like my boy’s got a date huh?” Himchan sniggered as he raised his hand for JongUp to slap him a high five. JongUp rolled his eyes and said “Shut up hyung”, before walking out the door and prompting Himchan to pout in dissatisfaction.

As they strolled around town to get to the arcade, they were met by staring passersby (mainly those of the female persuasion. LOL at how I worded that xD) admiring their beauty. Himchan smiled at them, revealing his cute bunny teeth, while JongUp ignored them and focused only on getting inside and playing some games.
Once they got in, JongUp made his way over to the games and started playing, while Himchan was chatting up most of the girls there, emphasising his status as a ladies man. JongUp had been playing for 2 hours straight and had the highest score until a girl who was watching him play the whole time from a corner in the room offered to challenge him. JongUp scoffed and said “You, want to beat me? You’re a girl, what can you do?” This made all the other men in the room laugh with him and high five him.
The girl, on the other hand, was not amused. “What’s the matter? You scared you’ll get beaten by a girl?” She stared, coldly through his soul. JongUp tightened up at this and stared at her just as hard. “Bring it on”, he said.
For the rest of the night, JongUp and the girl went head to head trying to beat each other’s high scores and it finally ended with the girl taking the victory. She high fived her friends and said to JongUp “Never underestimate a girl.” As she turned around to leave, JongUp stopped her and said “Wait! Who are you?” The girl stopped in her tracks and said. “No-one important”, and before he could say anything, she left.

For the next couple of days, JongUp felt sluggish and refused to do anything, leaving Himchan to feel annoyed with him. “Yah! JongUp stop moping around and help me move this thing. We have guests coming over.”
JongUp sulked and said, “Why do we have to have guests today? Can’t we just stay in on our own without people interfering?”
At this Himchan simply shook his head and left the room muttering, “I don’t even know why I bother. He’ll come around eventually and I just hope it’s before our guests arrive.” By the time their guests arrived, JongUp was nowhere to be found, and this worried Himchan. A lot.
He spent most of the time looking for JongUp rather than entertaining their guests and was relieved when he found JongUp sitting on top of the roof. “There you are JongUp. Do you realise how worried you made me?” Himchan asked as he ruffled his hair. “
Save it for someone who cares”, JongUp replied coldly as he turned to face away from Himchan. “Look kiddo, I know you’re upset that you got beaten at the arcade, but just think of it as a lesson to not judge others, like you did with that girl. You underestimated her and she ended up beating you, and now look at you, sulking over it 3 days later. Do you really want to remember yourself as the kid who sulked after being beaten by a girl at an arcade? Do you?”
JongUp turned to face him and shook his head slowly, feeling embarrassed. “Now come and help me downstairs with the guests, and you’ll need to get changed. Here”, he said, handing JongUp some clean, smart clothes.

After the guests left, JongUp went to his room and began to think about the girl who defeated his high score at the arcade 3 days before. *Who was she?*, he thought. *I must know* and so set out his elaborate plan for defeating her the next time they will meet. If they will ever meet again.

                                                                                                                                      

 

 

[author's note:] omg so sorry for the late update readers...i have been kinda busy and stuff.......hopefully i won't have to be xD Hope you enjoyed this chapter. :D Only DaeJae are left until the super secret mystery is revealed.........until then......keep waiting ^^

InfiniteB2stly :D