Late ( There's A Thing That Deserve To Be Waited )

Contract Boyfriend

It’s midnight when the full moon illuminates Busan city along with the city lamps, Wooyoung misses his hometown, but now is not the right time to walk around and enjoying the view. He immediately run to the hospital with Taeyeon beside him. When they got to the hospital, they run to doctor and come to patient’s room where woyoung’s mother was there. The doctor said that everything’s okay, his mother just got a little sudden heart attack because of too much work and had so much to think about, that’s why she is down and end up in hospital. Wooyoung feels glad but he still can’t hide his worry because his mother hasn’t regain her consciousness.

“She is gonna be well, what I know is she is strong Woo. Don’t be worry.” Taeyeon calmed Wooyoung down. Now they are in the corridor, Taeyeon can see tiredness in Wooyoung’s eyes. She put her hand to Wooyoung’s head and gives him a sign to lean his head to her shoulder.

“Sleep, you need some rest. I can give you my shoulder.” Taeyeon said, but then Wooyoung put his head to Taeyeon’s lap and reposition his body into sleeping-position. “Can I do this ?” Wooyoung asked when he close his eyes.

“Yes, everything for my bestfriend. Just sleep and don’t worry about your mother. I will take care of her.” Taeyeon allowed Wooyoung to borrow her thigh as a pillow. It’s not like Wooyoung isn’t gentle enough to sleep in Taeyeon’s lap, it’s because he really knows Taeyeon so well, he doesn’t need to pretend to be a strong man in front of her because Taeyeon that he knows is  a beautiful girl with a strong figure. And the important thing is she is the best bestfriend in his world beside Nichkhun. Yes, Woyoung never ever let anyone as his number one except for Nichkhun as his “bestfriend” or maybe more than a bestfriend.

*****

There’s someone said that “it’s better to be late than doing nothing”, and Nichkhun doesn’t believe it. isn’t that if being late means no chance ? that’s what Nichkhun feels right now, when he sees someone that he loves as a bestfriend looks so close with another person. Late, he knows that he is late. Late to know about wooyoung’s mother in hospital, late to be beside Wooyoung when he needs someone, late to give his shoulder for Wooyoung to lean on, late to realize that Wooyoung means everything to him. He late and he never has a chance again, because Wooyoung already had someone beside him right now. His heart is hurt but his eyes can’t turn around from that view, the view where Wooyoung sleeps in Taeyeon’s lap while Taeyeon caresses Wooyoung’s hair. His mind tells him to go away but his heart still want to stay there, maybe Wooyoung needs him, maybe there’s a chance –although a little- that he can at least say “fighting Uyoungie !” or “everything will be okay” to Wooyoung. At least he can show to Wooyoung that he cares, that he is the one who still standing, waiting and looking at him and want to make him feel better. So he decides to take a step and walk to Wooyoung and Taeyeon, and the most important thing is he worries about Wooyoung’s mom and he needs to know her condition.

“Let me show you that I care to you, and there’s no one who cares to you like I do.” Nichkhun said in his heart while walking toward Wooyoung.

******

Time is time, always ticking second by second, replacing the beautiful moonlight with the glorious sunshine in the morning. It’s eight in the morning when Chansung sat in the bench in the middle of the park, waiting for Junho to come. He has a date with his lover this morning to go to play ice-skating, it’s not winter so he asked Junho to go to Lotte World. Thirty minutes of waiting, Chansung gets a little bit bored. It’s unusual for Junho to be late when they had a date before. He already sent a text message five times, but there’s no reply from the latter. For someone like Chansung, it’s hard to wait someone because he is a type of unpatient person. But now, for him there’s something that deserve to be waited, he can wait for a long time just because of one person, Lee Junho. When you fall in love, no matter how many times that you wasted, it’s worth when you finally meet your lover, that’s what Chansung learns. Momentarily Junho comes with a flower in his hand, Chansung smiles, he know that it’s true, one hour of waiting is worthy enough when he sees Junho in front of him.

“ Sowwwrry, I am late. I know I am a bad person. I am ready to get a punishment” Junho pouted, he felt so guilty.

“kiss me.” Chansung replied quickly. “you just need to kiss me.” Chansung smiled. The second later, without any second though, Junho leans his lips into Chansung’s forehead, down through Chansung’s nose, and end up in Chansung’s lips.

*******

Unexpected, life is unexpected. We never know what’s going on tomorrow when the day is come. Taecyeon walks out his apartment to go to office. In front of the gate, he sees Jay, the occupant apartment B01 just come back from Japan.

“Hey Jay, welcome back ! where have you been ? it’s been two months you didn’t come back home.” Taec greeted Jay and shook his hand.

“I went to Japan for the business trip and also need to meet someone in Busan.” Jay replied. They are silent for a while, then Jay said again “Taec, do you have time ? I have something to share with you.” There’s a deep feeling in Jay’s voice, it’s like he really needs a help, that’s why Taec said yes and decided to go to office later after talking privately with Jay.

Now Jay and Taecyeon are in the café near apartment. Jay looks so desperate and nervous. He doesn’t know how to say, he just moves his hand weirdly, Taec who see that something wrong with the man in front of him starting the conversation. “Are you okay ?”

Jay scratched his head and smiled awkwardly “honestly I am not okay. Taec. I have a little problem here.” Jay sipped the coffee that he order “that’s why I need your help.”

“so, what’s your problem ?” Taec asked directly.

“I have a baby..” Jay said with a low tone, so that Taec couldn’t hear clearly what Jay said. “your voice is so low, I can’t hear it. say it again clearly.” Taec demanded, he need to go to office so he didn’t want to waste his time and want to finish the conversation with Jay quickly.

“okay I will tell you that two days ago I met someone in Busan and she told me that there’s a boy who claimed that he is my son. And I remember that I’ve did “it” with his mother a long time ago. So maybe it’s right that he is my son.” Jay paused, analyzing Taec’s expression.

“so what to do with me ?” Taec asked to the point. He needs to go to office like right now.

“Emm…. Emmmm… I need your help.” Jay said nervously. “Maybe it’s unexpected for you, and this is so sudden.. Ummm.. You know that I am really busy, right ? and.. and.. I can’t always stay here due to many schedule in other countries. So…. Ummmm.” Jay paused again. Make Taecyeon can not wait “ just say it Jay. Seriously I don’t have enough time ! I need to work.”

“okay okay. I need you and also Junsu to take care of my son, please. I am begging on you.” Jay begged, Taec is his only hope right now. He can’t take his son to orphanage so the one thing that he can do is giving his son to Taec and Junsu. He believes that Taec and Junsu can raise his son well, better than himself.

“WHAT ?!!” Taec shouted, feeling so surprise. “are you serious ? Oh my God Jay. You are so insane !” Taec couldn’t believe what happened with his mate. And jay just make a puppy face, hope Taec can help him.

“Okay, well. It’s so sudden you know ? I don’t know if I can help you or not. I should talk with Junsu about this first.” Taec said politely, he could not decide this big thing alone. he need to tell Junsu first.

“just call me if you already have an answer.” Jay replied, there’s a hope in his voice.

Life is unexpected. Maybe, in this day there’s someone who live his life normally, but no one know if one day later, his life change like a rollercoaster. And this is the beginning of Taec and Junsu’s rollercoaster life, after their normal life before. It’s not late for them to learn about the real married life.

****

Dream is like a fairytale, you want it to be real because the story always make you feel happy. Wooyoung can see him and Nichkhun live happily together, in his dream, always only in his dream. And when everything turn into the bright light, he knew that it was a dream and he should go to reality. If only he can realize his dream, but he doesn’t have enough courage to hope that much. Maybe, he just need to bring the moment together with Nichkhun back like in the past, and it more than enough for him.

Woo open his eyes from the sleep. He blinks his eyes twice before remembering that he is in hospital, with Taeyeon. He lifts his head from someone’s shoulder beside him. He though it was Taeyeon’s shoulder. So he turns his head to that person and he just wanna say “thanks” but end up to get shock when he know that the person beside him is Nichkhun and not Taeyeon.

Nichkhun didn’t sleep last night. He didn’t want to sleep because he want to enjoy the moment with Wooyoung even when the younger asleep. It’s the best time for him to see the younger’s face clearly inch by inch. And then, when he thinks Wooyoung had already awake, he close his eyes pretending to sleep. Wooyoung looks puzzle, doesn’t know what happened last night when he slept.

“Khun.. Khunnie~~ wake up.” Wooyoung tried to wake Nichkhun up. He pokes Nichkhun’s cheek like he always did until Nichkhun open his eyes “Why you are here ? Where’s Taeyeon ?” Woo directly asked Nichkhun coldly when Khun open his eyes.

Nichkhun yawned, not answering Wooyoung’s question. Nichkhun knows it will be going like this when he open his eyes, the cold Wooyoung back to reality, the new Wooyoung that he doesn’t ever know. He feels so strange because Wooyoung is like another person and he can’t handle it again.

“Who are you ? I don’t know you. You are not Wooyoung, at least not Wooyoung that I knew before. What are you doing to Woo ? give my Wooyoung back, please.” Nichkhun told Wooyoung what he feels.

Wooyoung speechless, he doesn’t know how to reply Nichkhun’s statement. He even doesn’t know that he became different these days to Nichkhun. he just did something to make NIchkhun gave him a space alone because he needs  time to control his feeling. But now when Nichkhun said something like that, he just asked to himself “do I really change ?” “Am I being too much act like this to him ?”. Instead of responding Nichkhun’s question, he questions to himself.

“Taeyeon went to Seoul when you asleep this early morning, her manager pick her up.” Nichkhun stand up from where he sits. “And I am here because last night when I got home, I didn’t find you so I asked Junsu hyung and He told me that your mother got hospitalize. I am disappointed with you Woo, Why you didn’t tell me about this ? what are you thinking about me ? Aren’t we bestfriend ?” Khun expressed his feeling. He couldn’t take more different act from the younger. he didn’t want to feel abandoned, he want the old Wooyoung that he knew.

When someone need to take a first step to make something to be better, Khun decides to be the first to tell Wooyoung what he feels because the latter was so stubborn to be the first to admit the truth. He wants to make his relationship with Wooyoung to be better like in the past, before Victoria comes again in his life.

******

Lotte World is the best place to get some fun together with your lover, that’s why Chansung invited Junho to this place. They play ice-skating for two hours, make Junho feels tired. Chansung decides to stop playing when he sees his lover fall accidentally. Junho looks pale, so that Chansung assumes Junho is sick but the latter says that he is okay.

“You are not okay, stop hiding it from me. You look so pale.” Chansung told Junho. “We should take you home right now. I don’t want anything bad happen to you.” Chansung hold Junho’s hand and pull him out from the ice-skate area.

After several minutes, they already walk in the street, leaving  the Lotte World behind them. Chansung suddenly squats in front of Junho, giving a sign to piggyback Junho. Junho doesn’t know how to react. He just stands, doing nothing until Chansung said “ Come on ! I’ll piggyback you to home.: because Junho didn’t know how to react, he followed what Chansung said and let him to do that. Everyone along the street looking at him. Some people look at them with a smile,but there’s also some people who look at them strangely. Chansung doesn’t care what people think about them, different from Junho who feels embarrass yet amuse for what Chansung does to him. Imagining all the moment with Chansung make Junho forgets about something, something that make him should leave Chansung for the best reason. He needs to find a right time before leave, sadly he never find a right time.

Junho directly goes to kitchen to get a drink for Chansung when they finally arrive at Junho’s apartment. While waiting for Junho to come with a glass of drink, Chansung sits in the sofa and turn on the television. The first screen that pop out from the television is the news gossip about a female celebrity who caught by camera with a man in the bus station. The gossip said that the man is her boyfriend. Junho who is just coming from the kitchen get interest with that gossip and runs quickly to watch it. and surprisingly, even the man in the photo doesn’t really look clear but Junho, with all his sense can see that the man is Wooyoung, his bestfriend. And what he knows about the female celebrity is that her name, Taeyeon.

*******

Taecyeon walks on the street way to go home, still doesn’t know how to talk to Junsu about raising Jay’s son. He stop in the corner of the street, in the magazine store to buy some magazine for Junsu, a magazine about gossip and cooking.  He doubts Junsu will accept his decision to take care of Jay’s son, but he doesn’t have any choice. He loves a kid, he always imagining him and Junsu with a kid, playing together. But Junsu never bring this topic out, so Taecyeon assumes that Junsu has not ready to have a kid in their life.

The door knocked by someone when Junsu set the table for a dinner, he knows that it was taecyeon who knock the door. He runs to the door and open it for someone that he loves the most in this world. He gets a smile from the tall man in front of the door before finally let him walk in to the apartment.

“welcome home ! you bring me my magazine honey ?” Junsu welcomed Taecyeon and asked him about the magazine that he ordered.

“Yes of course, here.. I need to change my outfit then we should have a dinner together. You can read the magazine while waiting for me. And I need something important to talk to you.” Taecyeon said while walked to the bed room.

Junsu can see a serious look in Taecyeon’e eyes, he feels so curious about what will Taecyeon say about. But when he open the magazine about gossip, he forget that and focus on the magazine. In the one of the page, there’s a gossip about Taeyeon that make Junsu interested. The headline said “TAEYEON WITH HER BOYFRIEND” and completed with some photo of her and someone who claimed as her boyfriend. Without second though, Junsu can know the photo is from last night when Taeyeon and Wooyoung went to Busan. And of course he already know the man is Wooyoung. Junsu runs to the bed room immediately to tell this to Taecyeon. With this gossip appears, it makes Taecyeon need a little time to tell Junsu about Jay’s. Maybe after dinner, or tomorrow morning, or maybe never.

******

Wooyoung and Nichkhun are in the car right now, go to their apartment in Seoul. Wooyoung’s sister replacing Wooyoung to stay in hospital. His mother had already become conscious, so Wooyoung could go home when finally his sister came with her husband. There’s a strange atmosphere in the car between Wooyoung and Nichkhun, silent without any words come out from their mouth. Wooyoung with his own mind and Nichkhun keeps silent because he doesn’t has any right words to say.

“Khun…” Wooyoung broke the silence. “Can we stop in the park near here ? 100 meters from here. I need something to say.” Wooyoung requested, he can’t be like this anymore.

They finally in the park when the wind blows softly through their hair, the stars shine brightly together accompany the moon. Sadly, this beautiful night is not for the two pathetic man Wooyoung and Nichkhun.

“I can’t do this anymore Woo, I don’t understand what’s going on between us. Why are you so cold to me these days ?” Nichkhun said, want to break the wall between him and Wooyoung.

“I am just thinking. Someday we will have our own life. You, with your wife and son. Also me and my own life. I just try to learn my life without you. Now you have Victoria, so you might forget me slowly. I just need a time to be alone. I just let you to be happy with Victoria. I just want the best for you, and also for me. I think I am too dependent to you that I am too scare if I can’t live without you.” Wooyoung sobbed. It hurts when the truth come out, but it’s better than living in the pretence life.

“Stop thinking about it. you are not going to live without me. Even if you want to pushing me away, I will always standing beside you, aren’t we bestfriend ? do you know that I love you enough that I can do anything for you ? do you know that I care to you enough that I can’t let you cry and hurt ? do you know that I miss you so much when you are not beside me ?. Please, stop Youngie. I don’t need you to bring me happiness and let me with someone else. I can find my own happiness, and if you want to know, you are the one that make me happy. So, Can we be like the way we used to be ? Can I see the old Wooyoung that I knew before ? Can I have my Youngie back to me ? I…… Love you Youngie.” Nichkhun confessed everything that is in his heart. He loves Wooyoung, he finally can find the best word to describe his feeling to Wooyoung, Love.. Love as a bestfriend, love as a brother, and love as a lover.

Wooyoung can’t find any single word to say, he just run to Nichkhun’s body and hug him tightly. Nichkhun loves him, of course he knows it because he also loves Nichkhun. But he still can’t take it seriously as a confession. The most important thing right now is their relationship back to normal, or maybe be better than before. But they don’t know the biggest problem will haunt him in the future, too many hurts, too many cries, too many barriers.