Prologue

Life unlived

Kim Hanbin can sleep anywhere. 

His family had speculated to him before that he might have some kind of sleeping disease by the way he can fall asleep anywhere, everywhere and anytime. Hanbin, or B.I as he liked to call himself, had decided that the history class Mr. Yoo was giving was, in fact, not giving enough. The world outside the cramped and stinky classroom was way more exciting and inspiring, giving him the colors, sound and life he needed in his own. As the warm sun was beaming so brightly, the warmth of the rays through the window caressing his face, and the blue sky free of clouds stretching as far as the horizon could see, he could not resist the temptation to leave the high school premises, putting his headphones on, and put "Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles on blast. He smiled as he stepped foot outside the high school's premises, heading towards the green park not far along. The feeling of the wind brushing through his hair and fingers, and the sight of the green trees and shrubs welcomed him more into Mother Nature's wonderful creation. Tapping his fingers to the beats of the song, he leisurely headed to a wooden bench, plopping down horizontally to look up at the blues, watching as birds and a butterfly flew by, and taking into sight the different hues and dimentions of the sky. The heavens above him acted as a wave, blanketing him under the sea where he laid with his hands behind his head. Time was not to be accounted for. Time was just a measure of what had passed. For Hanbin, time was to be spent enjoying what we have left of it. 

Here comes the sun,

doo, doo, dun, doo

Hanbin blinked, and somehow the blue velvet sky that had comforted him while he laid in the middle by the greenery was replaced with the color of tangerine, and made of nylon. Crinkling his eyebrows, he inhaled sharply as he felt his clothes suddenly felt cold, sticking to his body as he jerked up from his lying position, the smell of wet soil filling his nostrils. He took a hold of the umbrella that had somehow appeared above him, and looked around his surroundings. 

The blue sky was now replaced with dark grey clouds. The warm sun that had lured him outside in the first place was now nowhere to be seen, covered by the tears of heaven. His bangs stuck to his face, and he grimaced as he realized that he was drenched by the rain, even down to his underwear. He pulled his headphones down to his neck, listening to the crashing sound of the droplets hitting the ground and the tangerine above his head, and the sound of hurriedly retreating footsteps. 

Lifting the umbrella upwards so he could see the damage of the sky and his lust for freedom, his blurry eyes caught the sight of a purple backpack and the girl carrying it hurriedly running away from the park, trying to take cover from the water bullets falling from the skies. Even while drenched by the rain, and the picture of his terrifyingly angry mother scolding him for being reckless flashing in his mind, he could not help but to crack a smile. 

He could not wait to live another day in this world.