Chapter:3

If we were destined
Please log in to read the full chapter

In the story:

Some time after the incident, Sehun arrived at the coffee shop. He had a bouquet of red tulips. Once he entered the coffee shop, he observed how greatly crowded the place was due to Valentine's day.  It wasn't that famous of a place but the coffee was nice.

There was a seat at the corner so Sehun sat down and put his flowers on the table, waiting for Baekhyun. There was a young man performing on a stage. He remembered that Baekhyun sang there too. He was desperate to hear Baekhyun, to see him. A second felt like and day and minute felt like a year. Sehun came 20 minutes later than the told time, so he could've been in any of the other tables? But every table was full.

A waiter came to take his order but he told the waiter that someone else is also coming so if they could order later.

Sehun was calling Baekhyun but Baekhyun wouldn't pick up.

Sehun: What's his problem?? Why isn't he picking up??

Sehun ordered a coffee for himself. He was drinking it very slowly, waiting for Baekhyun and he still wasn't there so he ordered more coffee and snacks. It was more than an hour and a half.

Sehun was very confused and heartbroken but he still waited. Now it was 2 hours so he knew Baekhyun wouldn't come.

The waiter: I'm sorry, please don't mind but you've been waiting here for two hours. I don't think the person you're waiting for will come.

Sehun paid the bill and tipped the waiter. He left the shop gloomily with the bouquet dangling from his hand hopelessly.

This was the first time tears wanted to come from his eyes. This was the time he thought, the person he's loved for so long is a fraud. He was slowly moving through the rain when he heard police cars and people gathered in one place.

He heard that there was a murder and it was stabbing. The police set up the black and yellow borders and rain cleaned off the blood.

Sehun then returned back to his house.

A few hours later, there was food in his fridge that he had warmed. He couldn't eat it with so many thought, he was just stirring his food when he heard the key move.

Suho: You're back already? I thought you were going to be out all night.

Sehun: Why would you think that?

Suho: What's up with those flowers?

Sehun: Don't ask.

Suho: What happened? Was he really ugly? Or did he not match your expectations? Or was too old, or young?

Sehun: Just don't ask.

Suho: Why?

Sehun, furiously: Because I know nothing about him! He didn't even come! I should've trusted you guys! He didn't even reply to my texts..all I was, was a fool. And here I thought he was my soulmate.

Suho could see tears in Sehun's eyes. He hugged Sehun from the side.

Suho: Well it's his loss! You're better than any gem! You deserve much better. Continue eating, I'll go freshen up.

But Sehun couldn't eat. After some time, there was a knock on the door.

Suho came and opened the door. A tall handsome man with bronze skin and coloured hair looked at him. He was looking for someone around the house.

The tan man: Oh Sehun?

Suho: My brother? Why?

The tan man: Where is he?!!

Sehun heard all the ruckus and he went towards them when the man pulled his hair. The man then punched Sehun, who now dropped to the ground. Suho screamed his brother's name.

Suho, frightened: What's happening?!!

Sehun got up when the man grabbed his hair again.

The man, infuriated: HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO BAEKHYUN?!!! YOU MURDERER!!!

Sehun, desperately: I-I don't know what you're saying..

The man didn't hear him and slapped him twice but his police colleagues tried to stop him. The man scared them so much, they let him continue. He pulled Sehun from the ground with his hair.

Suho while crying: No..what are you talking about?

The man: Your brother murdered someone! He will be interrogated at the police station.

They took Sehun away and started hitting him to get information out of him. Sehun was in pain and he tried to resist, but he didn't know why he was there.

The man: You don't know?!! You killed Baekhyun you !!! We even have proof!

Meanwhile Suho called Lay and they hurriedly went to the police station.

Sehun: B-Baekhyun? Who's that?

The police officer gave him another slap to the face.

The man: You don't who Baekhyun is?!! You lying bastard!!!

The man was about to beat him again but...

Sehun: Stop! I don't know who Baekhyun is! I don't even have contact of this person!

The man: Take out your phone!

The man snatched his phone and opened a contact.

The man: Who's number is this?

Sehun: That's my so..ul..mate..

The man: His name is Baekhyun! And you killed him!

Sehun: So his name is...

The man grabbed Sehun's hair and started shaking him: How dare you lie?!!

All Sehun could think of was the name 'Baekhyun '. So the person he was talking to all this time was 'Baekhyun '.

Sehun: I would like to meet Baekhyun. Where is he?

The man: You don't know?! After all you did to him! He's fighting for his life in the hospital.

Sehun, dreaded: No..what happened?

The police: He was ing stabbed two alleys before the shop he was supposed to arrive to!! The only people that knew about him going there was his friends and you!!!

Sehun with tears in his eyes: Please, can I see him? I hadn't seen him before. I was going to meet him there for first time. I was angry that he wasn't there but I didn't know...

For a second, the man actually felt pity for Sehun.

The police officer's phone started ringing.

Kai: Yeah Chanyeol?

Chanyeol: Did you catch the bastard?!!

Kai: Yeah. It worked to go there unexpectedly. Thanks.

Chanyeol: Don't you dare let him go without permission!! After what he did to Baekhyun-ah, he deserves to rot in hell!!!

He cut the call.

Sehun: How is Baekhyun?!!

Kai took a deep sigh.

Kai: The doctor says his condition is very serious.

Sehun got on the ground and started begging.

Sehun: Please! Let me see him once!

Kai and some other officers brought Sehun to the hospital.

Chanyeol grabbed Sehun's collar and was about to punch his when he noticed how badly beaten Sehun already was.

Kai: Don't hit him. We'll deal with this later.

Chanyeol: Later?!! My ing bestfriend is dying!!!

Chanyeol and Sehun felt as if they had seen each other before.

Chanyeol while crying: He was blind but for you he got eye surgery, just to see you! Why did you do that to him?!!

The doctor arrived in front of them.

Doctor: Why is there such a crowd near the ICU?!

Chanyeol:  Doctor how's Baekhyun?

Doctor: He has very little time left, although there is a slim chance, he might wake up for some time.

Sehun ran into the room, without giving the others a chance to stop him.

When Sehun went closer to the person, he froze.

Sehun: God, what kind of a joke is my life?! The man that I thought about as my soulmate, was who I met before. Why didn't I think of that?!! Why is this I have to meet him like that?!!

Baekhyun was much more beautiful than Sehun had ever imagined his soulmate to be. Even with so many bandages and so much equipment, he still looked like an angel.

Sehun went  closer to Baekhyun. His teardrop fell on Baekhyun's face and ran down his cheek.

It was a stormy, rainy night. There was aggressive wind and thunder. Sehun's hand was on the hand of his love, who was about to die. There were no words coming from Sehun's mouth, it was all just his feelings working.

He wiped the tears on Baekhyun's face and softly called his name.

Sehun: Baekhyunie, I've come to meet you. Please, look at me once.

Chanyeol quickly entered and was about to stop Sehun but D.O stopped him.

Sehun: Plea'se Baek-hyunie, just once. I'm sorry, I was so late. I didn't know such a thing would happen.....

Sehun felt like his voice stuck  into his throat. His breath was getting heavier.

Sehun: You know, I bought red tulips for you? I would've never let such thing happen if I knew. Please just look at me once!

He took Baekhyun hand and put it to his forehead. Sehun placed a him a soft kiss on Baekhyun's soft hand. Suddenly he felt Baekhyun's hand move. When Baekhyun opened his red droopy eyes and when their eyes met, Baekhyun's breath hitched.It was very difficult for Baekhyun to stay opening his eyes.But still he couldn't taking off his eyes from Srhun.It was like Sehun was created by God himself.

Sehun wanted to say so much to Baekhyun but he was lost for words. Baekhyun looked at their held hands.

Sehun came more closer to Baekhyun.

Sehun: Do you remember me? I'm that person!

Baekhyun didn't remember him but he could felt the eagerness and the pain on Sehun's eyes.

Sehun: I was the person that helped you when you were blind! Vivi's owner! And the 10cm fan! You remember, I was your destiny! My name is Sehun, Oh Sehun!

Baekhyun's eyes widened with tears. He let out soft chuckle with tears. He was feeling bad because of Sehun's bruises.

Baekhyun tried to sit and touch Sehun's face,although it was hard but sat up with Sehun's help and removed his mask even if Sehun told him not to. He signaled Sehun that he wants to hug him and Sehun hugged him like his life, his everything depends on Baekhyun. Baekhyun hugged Sehun and rested his chin on Sehun's broad shoulder and whispered softly..

Baekhyun after taking a breath: Seh-un..

Sehun: Hmm?

Baekhyun looked at him with  his hurt eyes and touched Sehun's face softly. Tears rolled down from his puppy eyes.

Baekhyun:Wh-at happ-ened to your face?..mm...

I know it's late....

Baekhyun grabbed Sehun's collar and took another deep breath. He whimpered a bit.

      I love you..Sehunie..

Sehun was stunned. He had wanted to hear this and yet it stings so much now. He wanted to break the hug and cup his face.

Sehun: I love-

He suddenly felt Baekhyun's hand fall from his shoulder.

Sehun broke the hug immediately and looked at him. Baekhyun wasn't breathing. There was a straight line on the machine. Sehun felt like everything has stopped for some moments. He was froze on his place. Chanyeol took Baekhyun from Sehun's grip and laid him down gently.

Kyungsoo and Kai came closer and started calling Baekhyun. They were all sobbing and calling him, especially Chanyeol.

All of a sudden Sehun came back in reality.

Sehun: Baekhyunie ....n-no..I couldn't finish it..I couldn't say it...

Please log in to read the full chapter